Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 6

Backtest Results

Well, as many traders repeatedly said backtest results in MT4 are not that reliable phenomenones. I attach my backtest for year 2006 for GBPUSD though.

I think this EA has a good potential.

So I am about forward testing it - if I had computer capacity enough.

Shinigami:
So far I found settings that give some positive result. For 2006 at least.

TP 400

SL 200

Time1 09:00 (please note: changing time to 9:00 makes it unusable, use 09:00)

Time2 15:00

Uroven 15

Trailing 85

Risk factor 0.1

Results: PF 3.46, profit 45,300 (depo is 20,000) drawdown is 17,5%

BUT! Only 91 deal

I'm planning on changing trailing stop to volatility-dependent trail. No idea how, maybe it will look like this: we don't move trailing stop much during trading hours, but we tighten up the stop after the end of EU session and before Asian session begins.

I know how to make stops time-dependent, but I do not know how to make stops volatility-dependent...
Files:

Ok, now which EA should I update on the front page?

From Shinigami or chrisstoff?

Btw, rules have been update, use Time frame 30 for the best result of this system.

ANCOLL:

Btw, rules have been update, use Time frame 30 for the best result of this system.

Well, I've been testing Shinigami's version the past few hours and I think he might be on to a winner (in back testing that is...; will start forward test @ market open)

Haven't had a chance to test the EAs posted by Chrisstoff yet but I think he himself gives kudos to Shinigami too..

Anyone had a chance to test his?

Cheers

PS: I have tested different Periods too and M30 does seem to work best indeed...

Hi Ancoll,

I did not write a new EA, just tweaked Shinigami's one a bit playing with the settings on the base of his suggestions. So, all the merit is to Shinigami, I just backtested his EA.

ANCOLL:

naming technique

chrisstoff:
Hi Ancoll, I did not write a new EA, just tweaked Shinigami's one a bit playing with the settings on the base of his suggestions. So, all the merit is to Shinigami, I just backtested his EA.

Lets make things easier for everyone by using consistent naming technique ..

for ex

1- Name the EA either doll or dolly

2- Then the version V1.00 ..

Suggested : Doll_V01.00

For the version updates here is what I suggest

1- Lower 00 will be incremented each time someone adds a tweak and want to post it

2- Upper 01. will be incremented each time someone adds or change something in the code

Ex : lets say I downloaded Doll_V01.00 and I found while testing that I got the magic formula .. post the results with the EA and change the name Doll_V01.00 to Doll_V01.01 and so on

EX: If you change even one line in the code ( write what you have changed in the code and leave a remarks ) and post the EA with the new name

Doll_V01.00 becomes Doll_V02.00

EX you changed the code and adds some tweaks

Doll_V01.00 becomes Doll_V02.01 and so on

Please always send an email to ANCOLL to update the first post if you have done some changes …, the reason I am asking to keep a consistent naming technique is to avoid the confusion other threads are facing when testing so many different versions of the same EA and end up in a mixed up results

MiniMe you have a point! I'll keep ANCOLL updated

PS: I do not think the EA is really ready for the forward test. 27 changes of SL in one minute... besides that I'll need to delete stop orders at some point, other than when new orders are set. And I want to see if adding some 5 points to 0-loss level helps in any way.

Shinigami:
MiniMe you have a point! I'll keep ANCOLL updated PS: I do not think the EA is really ready for the forward test. 27 changes of SL in one minute... besides that I'll need to delete stop orders at some point, other than when new orders are set. And I want to see if adding some 5 points to 0-loss level helps in any way.

Take your time and please don't feel pressured, I suggested forward testing only to avoid another 10point3 but no need to rush anything ...

Naming Technique

MiniMe,

You are right and the system you are proposing is consistent and logical. Hope every developer accepts it

Thanks for posting it!

Shinigami:
I'm done optimizing. Retesting results with MM, they differ greatly..

edit: 2,5 year result - I got over-optimized. It gets easily to 476k profit with 40% drawdown during 2006 but fails to perform well (200k and around) on the longer time period. I'll have to optimize for the 2005 and see if there is any correlation between results.

posting the expert for you to play with...

dolly graphics is an indicator and should be put into indicators folder.

Best settings: TP 400 SL 200 UrovenBezubitka 15 (I'll rename it a bit later, its profit you have before you start moving SL to breakeven) Trailing stop 105. These work on a long TF producing 247k profit in 2,5 years. 680 days, 604 deals. Almost every day.

As of 2006 - TF 400 SL 200 UrovenBezubitka 65, trailing stop 85. That makes 500k during 2006 and 372k for 2,5 years with 75% drawdown...

I'll be optimizing on the whole period with MM now.

Have fun with the EA!

I tried to make backtest...but got nothing..;except the following message

2007.01.28 00:12:16 2007.01.25 18:00 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Velocity Trader\experts\indicators\Dolly Graphics(M).ex4' on the GBPUSD,M30

I have installed and compile dollygraphic(M) in indicators file...

any idea?

Hi, I have one request.

Please, can you modify Goblin_BiPolar_Edition2modH_TP100.mq4,

remove

Turbo_JMA.mq4

Turbo_JRSX.mq4

Turbo_JVEL.mq4

and add

ISAKAS

kuskus_starlightv2.mq4

Heiken_Ashi_kuskus2.mq4

BBands_Stop_v1_with_alert.mq4

and

GMACD_Signals.mq4

???

Trade only ISAKAS signal with direct GMACD H1 and H4 or H4/D1

EA and indicators here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175290/page47

Need only modify

//========================= And here's the lovely Buy/Sell Signal Generator ======================

int OpenOrdersBasedOnTrendRSX()

{

int SignalOrderType = 3;

double rsxcurr = 0,rsxprev1 = 0,rsxprev2 = 0,jma1 = 0,jma2 = 0;

rsxcurr = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "Turbo_JRSX", 17, 0, 1);

rsxprev1 = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "Turbo_JRSX", 17, 0, 2);

rsxprev2 = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "Turbo_JRSX", 17, 0, 3);

jma1 = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_M15, "Turbo_JMA", 28, -100, 0, 2);

jma2 = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_M15, "Turbo_JMA", 28, -100, 0, 3);

UpTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "Turbo_JVEL", 17, -100, 0, 1);

DnTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "Turbo_JVEL", 17, -100, 1, 1);

TrendVal = UpTrendVal + DnTrendVal;

// Let's check our very reliable super secret mega-signal...

if (MathAbs(jma1 - jma2) / Point > 2.0)

{

if (jma1 < jma2) SignalOrderType=1;

if (jma1 > jma2) SignalOrderType=2;

}

// Welp, our mega-signal says no cigar...let's see what trusty 'ol RSX has to say...

if (SignalOrderType == 3)

{

if (UseConservativeRSX_Signals)

{

if (rsxcurr < rsxprev1 &&

rsxcurr < 70 &&

rsxprev1 > 70 &&

TrendVal < (-0.01))

{

SignalOrderType=1;

} // we only go short on RSX downturns

if (rsxcurr > rsxprev1 &&

rsxcurr > 30 &&

rsxprev1 < 30 &&

TrendVal > 0.01)

{

SignalOrderType=2;

} // we only go long on RSX upturns

}

if (!UseConservativeRSX_Signals)

{

if (rsxcurr < rsxprev1 && TrendVal < (-0.01)) SignalOrderType = 1; // we only go short on RSX downturns

if (rsxcurr > rsxprev1 && TrendVal > 0.01) SignalOrderType = 2; // we only go long on RSX upturns

}

}

return(SignalOrderType);

}

Reason: