[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 151

sergeev:
Comment()

The Comment() doesn't work in my tester at all(((( It seems to be only for indicators, while I'm making an EA... Do I understand it correctly?

Xaoss1990:
My Comment() doesn't work in the tester at all(((( It seems to be only for indicators, and I'm making an EA... Do I understand it correctly?
No, you do not. You have to test in visualisation mode.

Xaoss1990:
My Comment() doesn't work in the tester at all(((( It seems to be only for indicators, and I'm making an EA... Do I understand it correctly?
Comment() displays and changes its "readings" with the arrival of each tick

Xaoss1990:
What numbers does it return? i.e. 1-buy, 2-sell, etc. Mine returns zeros, but the expert makes transactions.
It cannot be like that. If the open position type is OP_BUY, and this order is selected using the OrderSelect() function, the OrderType() function will return 0. If OP_SELL, it will return 1.

TEXX:

I do it like this, but I get an error:

int highx = NormalizeDouble((10000 * High[i]) % 10,0);

The '%'-remainder operator is to be applied to integer values only

help....

Almost verbatim translation:

'%' operator is applied to integer values only.

int highx = (10000 * High[i]) % 10;

Hello, can you please modify the EA to work on Market Execution, i.e. to open zero TP and SL, and then set them on an open order. I would like to ask them to open an order and then place it in the opposite direction, thanks in advance.
Files:
cash_profit.mq4  14 kb

Zhunko:

An almost literal translation:

The "%" operator only applies to integer values.

To you personally, the creators of the Tutorial, MQL4, ...thanks from TEXX on the previous page.

DhP:
I don't get it. Explain.
I start testing an EA and the test finishes only after closing one order, the next one won't open

Look in the log before you ask a question.

do you display the status of the conditions for opening an order in Comment?

Bit99:
I start testing the EA and the test ends only after closing one order, the next one won't open

You have done something wrong.

Show me the code.

Reason: