Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 67

The GMACD signal indicator is very useful.

Can u please Add back test indicator ...

we want indicator through can see old days lines and make back test like WSS

thanks Alot

Dolly Graphics_v11-GMT-Email.mq4

How to set email pip intervals? The default is set to email you every 5pips or dolly buy/sell zone. I would like to adjust this, how would I? which variables would i change, some days i might need it at 10, others at 15. Could somebody explain please?

1) what does 100% D/AV mean? Im guessing its Daily Average?

2) how are the buy sell area's calculated? Something about PP and the past 20 days daily average ? Can somebody please post in more detail how these are calculated?

3) what are those 4 trendlines? How do you use them? they are called dollytime 10,20,30,40? The vertical lines. How do i remove them?

4) whats the deal with GMTshift? If i change it to -5 broker in toronto. the OPENLINE is set to open at -5GMT? if thats the case the CHANGE line is still different it still uses GMTshift=0. Why doesnt the change value change based on the GMTSHIFT? Once I change the GMTSHIFT value, the change value doesnt change with it, it looks all wrong. How can this be edited/fixed?

GOOD JOB GUYS, GREAT WORK!

Dolly Graphics # 10 .... Overprint of Lines

Hello CJA, This indicator is so beautiful that i am going to print it on slick paper and frame it!

Meanwhile, i was going to ask how to prevent the latter part of a line from printing on top of the middle part of the same line?

I see you have offered code called "lines". Does it solve the overprint problem, and if so, how does one integrate it into the main body of code?

apparently Dolly #11provides Email capability? Where may i find it for downloading?

Regards,

Bob (Paid subscriber)

Dolly email

BORISTABBY5:
Hello CJA, This indicator is so beautiful that i am going to print it on slick paper and frame it!

Meanwhile, i was going to ask how to prevent the latter part of a line from printing on top of the middle part of the same line?

I see you have offered code called "lines". Does it solve the overprint problem, and if so, how does one integrate it into the main body of code?

apparently Dolly #11provides Email capability? Where may i find it for downloading?

Regards,

Bob (Paid subscriber)

Hi

I am not sure what you mean by the overprint problem however the Email Dolly indicator can be found on the 2nd post, the lines indicator is merely a very simple version of Dolly using the same type of code so there is nothing in the code that will help you with your percieved problem by using that.

cja

download wss 9.4.2

bisa kirimkan aku wss 9.4.2 fv,thank's ya

cja:
Hi

I am not sure what you mean by the overprint problem however the Email Dolly indicator can be found on the 2nd post, the lines indicator is merely a very simple version of Dolly using the same type of code so there is nothing in the code that will help you with your percieved problem by using that.

cja

Hi CJA could you please help answer my questions on the previous page? page 67, my second post?

Thanks...

pmafia:
Dolly Graphics_v11-GMT-Email.mq4

How to set email pip intervals? The default is set to email you every 5pips or dolly buy/sell zone. I would like to adjust this, how would I? which variables would i change, some days i might need it at 10, others at 15. Could somebody explain please?

1) what does 100% D/AV mean? Im guessing its Daily Average?

2) how are the buy sell area's calculated? Something about PP and the past 20 days daily average ? Can somebody please post in more detail how these are calculated?

3) what are those 4 trendlines? How do you use them? they are called dollytime 10,20,30,40? The vertical lines. How do i remove them?

4) whats the deal with GMTshift? If i change it to -5 broker in toronto. the OPENLINE is set to open at -5GMT? if thats the case the CHANGE line is still different it still uses GMTshift=0. Why doesnt the change value change based on the GMTSHIFT? Once I change the GMTSHIFT value, the change value doesnt change with it, it looks all wrong. How can this be edited/fixed?

GOOD JOB GUYS, GREAT WORK!

Hi

Sorry i must have missed your original requests

How to set email pip intervals?

if(Ask>(B2-5*Point)&&Ask<(B2+0*Point))

if(Bid<(S1+5*Point)&&Bid>(S1-0*Point))

As you can see by the code the Alert is set to GO at either 5 pips above the SELL areas & 5 pips below the BUY areas. You will have to change the highlighted numbers to change how early/late the Alert sounds

1/ Yes that is the Daily Average, it is based on the Average for the last 20/10/5 days & yesterday divided by 4 as shown by the example line of code double AV = (ONE+FIVE+TEN+TWENTY)/4;

2/ The SELL AREA/BUY AREA/1st BUY Target/1st Sell Target/2nd Target's are based on setting trades 20/20/10 above/below the Daily OPEN, i can't remember how these numbers were arrived at but from memory it was based on trial & error & these distances from the OPEN proved to work the best for consistent results. the colored panels further above/below the BUY/SELL areas are based on the previously Daily average figures.

I have found that if MACD/RSI( or whichever indicators you use for trend ) 1HR & H4 are against each other price will stay within the 100% Daily Average if the H1/H4 are both in the same direction then often the Daily Average is exceeded.

NOTE; this indicator is set to the Daily OPEN by default but can be also set to the Daily PIVOT by changing this line

Using_OpenGraphics = true; Sets up for theOPEN

Using_OpenGraphics = false; Sets up for the PIVOT

3/ The Dolly Time lines are the EUROPE OPEN/LONDON OPEN/ US OPEN/ EUROPE CLOSE & i guess you have downloaded a template with them included, you should be able to remove them by deleting the Dolly Times indicator. If you select Show_Daily_Trade in this indicator the Text will appear just below the Dolly trade details on the lower left of your chart showing the comments for the lines.

4/ The Change feature was added by someone else so i have checked it and found that the GMT needed to be added to that line of code, so thank you for spotting that , i have fixed it & will repost the indicator on the 2nd Post.

I hope this has help answer your questions to your satisfaction

cja

cja:
Hi

Sorry i must have missed your original requests

How to set email pip intervals?

if(Ask>(B2-5*Point)&&Ask<(B2+0*Point))

if(Bid<(S1+5*Point)&&Bid>(S1-0*Point))

As you can see by the code the Alert is set to GO at either 5 pips above the SELL areas & 5 pips below the BUY areas. You will have to change the highlighted numbers to change how early/late the Alert sounds

1/ Yes that is the Daily Average, it is based on the Average for the last 20/10/5 days & yesterday divided by 4 as shown by the example line of code double AV = (ONE+FIVE+TEN+TWENTY)/4;

2/ The SELL AREA/BUY AREA/1st BUY Target/1st Sell Target/2nd Target's are based on setting trades 20/20/10 above/below the Daily OPEN, i can't remember how these numbers were arrived at but from memory it was based on trial & error & these distances from the OPEN proved to work the best for consistent results. the colored panels further above/below the BUY/SELL areas are based on the previously Daily average figures.

I have found that if MACD/RSI( or whichever indicators you use for trend ) 1HR & H4 are against each other price will stay within the 100% Daily Average if the H1/H4 are both in the same direction then often the Daily Average is exceeded.

NOTE; this indicator is set to the Daily OPEN by default but can be also set to the Daily PIVOT by changing this line

Using_OpenGraphics = true; Sets up for theOPEN

Using_OpenGraphics = false; Sets up for the PIVOT

3/ The Dolly Time lines are the EUROPE OPEN/LONDON OPEN/ US OPEN/ EUROPE CLOSE & i guess you have downloaded a template with them included, you should be able to remove them by deleting the Dolly Times indicator. If you select Show_Daily_Trade in this indicator the Text will appear just below the Dolly trade details on the lower left of your chart showing the comments for the lines.

4/ The Change feature was added by someone else so i have checked it and found that the GMT needed to be added to that line of code, so thank you for spotting that , i have fixed it & will repost the indicator on the 2nd Post.

I hope this has help answer your questions to your satisfaction

cja

Thank you very much, you have basically answered all of my questions and hopefully help some other people out aswell! Thanks again, keep up the great work!

Here are a couple examples of overprint

cja:
Hi

cja

Hi CJA, (You deserve upper case)

Sorry i do not know how to send screen images, so i will try to describe the overprints. They appear to be variable amounts that are printed over "in-variable" lines.

Dolly #11, GBP/JPY, H1: 239.20 is printed over "m @"

(Buy Stop-1 line)

Dolly # 11,GBP/JPY, H1: 238.80 is printed over "SL @"

(TP line)

(Contrasting colors can be deciphered, but where the colors are close in hue, it is sometimes hard to read. However, i am sure familiarity with Dolly will solve the problem.)

It is the same on different charts and times.

Where a line has two variable amounts, the first is OK, in other words, fits into the blank that is left for it. But where there are two variable amounts, the second always overprints.

Hope this clarifies my observations,

Regards, Bob

Reason: