Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 68

Hi CJA,

I have another question, why is the change for m1-30 the same, and the changes for H1, H4, Day1 all different? I noticed the OPENS are very different when my GMTshift = -5

Also CJA, the GMT value i put back to zero m5, 15, 30, H1, h4 are the same but m1 and d1 and w1 are all different. Something is fishy? Could you possibly take a look at the change code again and maybe rewrite it? I trade use some strategies on change, and this would be of great help!

Thanks a BUNCH!

pmafia:
Hi CJA,

I have another question, why is the change for m1-30 the same, and the changes for H1, H4, Day1 all different? I noticed the OPENS are very different when my GMTshift = -5

Also CJA, the GMT value i put back to zero m5, 15, 30, H1, h4 are the same but m1 and d1 and w1 are all different. Something is fishy? Could you possibly take a look at the change code again and maybe rewrite it? I trade use some strategies on change, and this would be of great help!

Thanks a BUNCH!

i do not have access to my trading platform as i am away from home at present, the code for GMT was supplied by FithElement and i have noticed that PIVOTS and the OPEN could alter by a couple of pips from M1 to M5 and then settled down up to H4 however the change code is based on the daily figures so if you are going onto Weekly, Monthly or even daily like any daily Pivot set up the figures will i suspect be wrong, perhaps the change code needs to have a lock out for the higher timeframes such as is put in pivot indicators, anyway when i get back i will have a look and see if rewriting the code can fix your issues. As far as the OPENS being very different when you use GMT -5 do you mean each timeframe gives a different OPEN or that the OPEN is just different from the GMT 0 setting??? This has not really been an issue in the past as most people using Dolly trade using M5 to H1 not many use the higher timeframes as Dolly is designed to work for the current day on M15 and M5 for entries for trades over the next few hours not so much for longer term trades going into days.

cja

cja:
i do not have access to my trading platform as i am away from home at present, the code for GMT was supplied by FithElement and i have noticed that PIVOTS and the OPEN could alter by a couple of pips from M1 to M5 and then settled down up to H4 however the change code is based on the daily figures so if you are going onto Weekly, Monthly or even daily like any daily Pivot set up the figures will i suspect be wrong, perhaps the change code needs to have a lock out for the higher timeframes such as is put in pivot indicators, anyway when i get back i will have a look and see if rewriting the code can fix your issues. As far as the OPENS being very different when you use GMT -5 do you mean each timeframe gives a different OPEN or that the OPEN is just different from the GMT 0 setting??? This has not really been an issue in the past as most people using Dolly trade using M5 to H1 not many use the higher timeframes as Dolly is designed to work for the current day on M15 and M5 for entries for trades over the next few hours not so much for longer term trades going into days. cja

Thanks for the quick reply CJA,

When I used -5 GMT the opens are different for H1, H4 D1, ect... however, the other TF are the same.

When I use GMT - the open for m1 is is different but m5-h4 i think is the same. I don't understand that?

GMT -5 and GMT 0 for the TF's that are not off which are mentioned above are the same however. IE they are all 9950, but the ones that I'm having problems with would be 9920. I'm sure when you get back on the computer you will know what im talking about if you change the GMT and look at the different TF's.

Is there an indicator around which only has Open High Low Close and Change? This could be extremely beneficial and possibly solve a lot of problems.

Thanks again CJA.

Please can you tell me ?

Please anybody can help me here ?

Which version is better and i can depend on it . Dolly 11 OR Dolly 10 ?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Rain_lover83:

u can try both on demo accounts and then to decide!

Rain_lover83:

Dolly version 11 comes with GMTShift ( developed by CJA) and also showing signal for entry. Version 10 you have to depend on the dolly comments on the left side of the chart.

Explanation of use referred to post#1 by Ancoll.

Choices is on your own.

Thanks for you .

so can you tell me what is the period of time is better to use Dolly ?

USA OR London .... or ?

Rain_lover83:
Thanks for you .

so can you tell me what is the period of time is better to use Dolly ?

USA OR London .... or ?

The most active session is London followed by the US. Just look at your charts to see what time slot moves the most for the pair you are interested in.

can anyone build dolly to see previous result also..? currently dolly system usually show signal at current day. if we can see the previous result also i thinks we can see the perfomance of dolly system....hope can be make it....

Hi. Man I am so confused that I have no idea on how to ask my question. lol. I have read through this thread and I am still confused on which are the correct rules for operating this system? Seems that each person has their own strategy but I cannot locate the original set of rules for the Dolly V.11. So Im am guessing that on the first page that Ancoll, CJA and Hymns all have their own version? Or is this tied together some how? Thanks guys/gals.

Adam Hefner

Reason: