Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 39

Hi everybody, sorry for not having posted in last day or two. I had some urgent school work to do and I was able to just check the thread last night and download the EA. Now the school work is done and I have off till Feb 19

Thanks for all your comments and thanks to mangman for the EA. I'm going to start playing with it first thing in the morning.

I'm unfamiliar with the discussion that seems to have taken place here while I was unavailable and that has been replaced with dots later. I don't know what the matter is, I just hope I didn't spoil anything. It would be a pity if any of you guys left the discussion... Let everything be like before...

Anyway, mangman, will get in tough with you through PM tomorrow. I feel very tired right now.

Good night to everybody!

SIMBA , YOU ARE NICE GUY.

how about today's M5 signal? buy @1.9650

by the way, simba, i forgot how to exit, is it till M5 arrive -5 then we exit?

2-EXITSYOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE IT)

STOP:NO STOPS..We enter based on indicators,not on price so,we exit only

when the trend indicator changes its colour and direction-complete 4h bar,until the 4h close,even if during the 5m tf it changes colours often-it does not happen very often but today has all the numbers(do not worry,in the advanced mode we will use a variation of the chandelier stops,also on MTF,that will limit our risk and keep us in the trade)

TAKE PROFIT:For the moment,30 pips..do not worry..will change.

i found your how to exit. and i found trade M1, still give me a good result. -5 sell -95 buy, take profit 5-12pips. will give 5-10 signals perday.

how do you think it?

Hi Simba and others,

I just wondered which system do you like better - M1 or M5?

I've been backtesting M5 on 3 months of Alpari data and my feeling is that it made all of the dollars it made during November when we had a strong uptrend and also did pretty well in first half of December when the Daily chart was moving sideways. However, in second half of December (sideways) and in January (uptrend) it lost money again, although it's still profitable. I haven't seen an end to this decline yet, hopefully it comes in a couple of days.

Why do you think that first it made money and then it lost, although the situations on the Daily and H4 charts look pretty much the same for both periods of time?

Meanwhile, I'll do the backtest for M1. I like the idea of scalping by W%R. IMHO it shouldn't be dependent on the overall trend that much. What do you think?

Second question: how long do you think this system will last? Simba, you said that you tested most of the indicators -- what data was it on? I like this system and I trust it... I'm just new to Forex and haven't traded live yet... I'm afraid that as soon as I build my trust in a system and as soon as I've tested it enough to go live, it will become obsolete and I'll lose all my money... How can one tell how sensitive a system is on changes in the market, i.e. how long it will last?

Guys, I know that all of the decisions depend on me and that I should answer them for myself. I just wonder what concrete thoughts you have. Thanks!

Exits

heaven2002:
how about today's M5 signal? buy @1.9650

by the way, simba, i forgot how to exit, is it till M5 arrive -5 then we exit?

2-EXITSYOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE IT)

STOP:NO STOPS..We enter based on indicators,not on price so,we exit only

when the trend indicator changes its colour and direction-complete 4h bar,until the 4h close,even if during the 5m tf it changes colours often-it does not happen very often but today has all the numbers(do not worry,in the advanced mode we will use a variation of the chandelier stops,also on MTF,that will limit our risk and keep us in the trade)

TAKE PROFIT:For the moment,30 pips..do not worry..will change.

i found your how to exit. and i found trade M1, still give me a good result. -5 sell -95 buy, take profit 5-12pips. will give 5-10 signals perday.

how do you think it?

Hi ,

Please read all the posts so that you can find the actual exit strategies,and how to position stops.

M1 with 15 pips TP aprox can work very well for 6/9 trades a week,take them only in the direction of trend.

Simba

Tests

Malcik:
Hi Simba and others,

I just wondered which system do you like better - M1 or M5?

I've been backtesting M5 on 3 months of Alpari data and my feeling is that it made all of the dollars it made during November when we had a strong uptrend and also did pretty well in first half of December when the Daily chart was moving sideways. However, in second half of December (sideways) and in January (uptrend) it lost money again, although it's still profitable. I haven't seen an end to this decline yet, hopefully it comes in a couple of days.

Why do you think that first it made money and then it lost, although the situations on the Daily and H4 charts look pretty much the same for both periods of time?

Meanwhile, I'll do the backtest for M1. I like the idea of scalping by W%R. IMHO it shouldn't be dependent on the overall trend that much. What do you think?

Second question: how long do you think this system will last? Simba, you said that you tested most of the indicators -- what data was it on? I like this system and I trust it... I'm just new to Forex and haven't traded live yet... I'm afraid that as soon as I build my trust in a system and as soon as I've tested it enough to go live, it will become obsolete and I'll lose all my money... How can one tell how sensitive a system is on changes in the market, i.e. how long it will last?

Guys, I know that all of the decisions depend on me and that I should answer them for myself. I just wonder what concrete thoughts you have. Thanks!

Hi Malcik,

Nice country you have.

I have been to Prague for the week end and I enjoyed it a lot(with the exception of the taxi drivers),specially the Pivo..and the people

Please be so kind to post the results of the test you did and its related settings(entry rule,exit rule,money management,etc)...Then I will be able to help you in detail.

I personally prefer the 1M when Chand and SATL are aligned,allowing for multiple entries and exits with 15/30 pips TP

I can not tell how long will it last,my feeling is that it will last a lot,since the concept it is based on-buy dips in uptrend,sell rallies in downtrend-has been along for decades

Simba

Reason: