Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 38

Mangman WPR

mangman:
I think it is better not to use the WPR in conjuction with SATL and Chandelier.

It filters out too many good trades.

Using SATL to confirm the trend in the time frame you are trading and in the higher timeframe, and filtering out with Chandelier and using FIboPivots to look for support and resistance is better than using WPR, IMHO.

Hi Mangman,

Use only that which works, and take it from any place you find it....

The truth is outside of all fixed patterns....

It can be..if that is the case please show proof and I will be the first to adopt the new baby..just don`t call it Simbasystem..call it mangmansystem or whatever you feel is appropiate..

Simba

Hello Simba,

The signals gave good entry's today for Yen, Chf, Eur and Aud, but Gbp was a bit late.

Part of my strategy is to just follow the preliminary signals and ignore news announcements and gossips. Still doing some forward testing on demo accounts. Will let you know how it turns out.

Mangman Again

mangman:
Hi Simba,

All I wanted to say was that WPR used with Chandelier Stops filters too many good trades.

It does give good signals. It does give some bad signals too. Only the good set ups are posted.

Adding a lot of indicators are not going to make a system better.

I have found out that SATL and Chandelier indicators are excellent indicators.

I used to use 3, 4, or more indicators. It really did not increase my overall profitablity.

The SATL indicators have been helpful in my trades. I base my trades based on the candle stick patterns(on the Daily charts) and support and resistance. I use the SATL to time the entry and the Chandelier mainly for stop loss placement.

All I wanted to make was a suggestion.

Anyway thanks for the indicators and some of the trading ideas you shared with us. I take what is useful for me based on my trading style.

This might be my last post on this thread.

If anybody wants to discuss about the EA or indicators please PM me.

Thanks,

Mangman

Hi Mangman ,

1-" Only the good set ups are posted." Not so,I have posted bad trades,good trades and the merry ones..There are 380+ posts in this thread and some bad trade must have been posted ..and everybody is free to post their own trades with this system,which for sure is improvable..

2-"Adding a lot of indicators are not going to make a system better." Right..my system has a trend filter(SATL),an entry timer(%WR) and a stop/trailing stop device(Chandelier)..which is the minimum you need for a system to work..I understand you would like to do so with just 2 indicators,and if you are able to achieve that you will have a better system

3-"This might be my last post on this thread." Sorry to hear that, you were an interesting contributor..and I am not joking

4-"If anybody wants to discuss about the EA or indicators please PM me." Good luck with your EA,just do not call it Simba anything since it will obviously be based on a different concept..

Good Luck

Simba

Ericbach

ericbach:
Hello Simba,

The signals gave good entry's today for Yen, Chf, Eur and Aud, but Gbp was a bit late.

Part of my strategy is to just follow the preliminary signals and ignore news announcements and gossips. Still doing some forward testing on demo accounts. Will let you know how it turns out.

Hi Ericbach,

It will be very interesting to know the results of your forward testing with different pairs

Regards

Simba

Reason: