Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 33

Hey Simba,

I have been watching and testing this system last days, but I think, it was a difficult time, especially for the 5min system with 4hxpMa_SATL together with 1hchandelier. On the 1m system with only chandelier there were many good signals every day. I observed that the closer the chart to the chandelier(even below it for a buy or above it for a sell) the stronger the move, but the best/average move on 1m chart seems to be about 20 pip.

I did not have much time the last two weeks, but I hope the next two weeks I can spend more time on it.

I hope, you are going to continue this thread, wish you all the best, thank you

KptMisiu

Hi all, I discovered this thread a couple of days ago and went trough it. It is great to have Simba reveal his secrets and others to diligently discuss them. I just hope this thread doesn't die so that we can continue working on this together and learn. Simba, you're a great mentor!

I have a little confusion concerning the signals. I don't know where I'm supposed to wait for the final color of the indicator (for the end of the corresponding 1-hr. or 4-hr. period), when I'm supposed to just wait for the close of the current 5-min. bar, and when I'm supposed to act on colors it keeps giving tick by tick.

Here's how I got it:

ENTRY:

MTF SATL - anytime the CURRENT 4-hr. period is blue/red, enter long/short

Chandelier - anytime the LAST COMPLETE 1-hr. bar closed above the buy line or below the sell line, enter long/short

W%R - anytime the current 5-min. bar AT THE TIME OF ITS CLOSE gives W%R below -95 or above -5, enter long/short

EXIT:

MTF SATL - anytime the LAST COMPLETE 4-hr. period is red/blue, exit from long/short position

Chandelier - anytime the CURRENT price crosses buy/sell line, exit from long/short position because that's where our intial and trailing stop is

Please tell me if I got it right.

I'm confused about what happened 1/19/07 at 15:25 GMT. I don't know what the color of SATL was at that time but let's say it was blue. Chandelier says long because it had been violated only temporarily (it didn't close below it on neither end of any of the 1-hr. periods). Together with W%R, it is a clear entry signal. But where do I place the stop since it is above my price?

Thanks for your cooperation and have a great day!

Sorry, I forgot to attach the pic, here it comes...

Files:
vss.gif  16 kb

KptMisiu

KptMisiu:
Hey Simba,

I have been watching and testing this system last days, but I think, it was a difficult time, especially for the 5min system with 4hxpMa_SATL together with 1hchandelier. On the 1m system with only chandelier there were many good signals every day. I observed that the closer the chart to the chandelier(even below it for a buy or above it for a sell) the stronger the move, but the best/average move on 1m chart seems to be about 20 pip.

I did not have much time the last two weeks, but I hope the next two weeks I can spend more time on it.

I hope, you are going to continue this thread, wish you all the best, thank you

KptMisiu

Hi KptMisiu,

Nice conclusions..and if you can deepen your way to look at the market and the system, where I would like to arrive is to the following points..

Since in 5M tf when,we are in a trading range we usually get no valid signal,due to Chandelier opposing the SATL...

1-Can we trade both sides?

2-If yes,in what tf?Where do we put the stop going against Chandelier?Which is an intelligent TP STRATEGY?

3-If no,which side shall we trade?The Satl?The Chandelier?None?

Please take your time ,and,when feasible,be so kind to post your preliminary conclusions.

Regards

Simba

Malcik

Hi Malcik,

Thanks for your kind comments,please read all the relevant posts of this thread,and,hopefully,you will understand the rules.Take into account that the rules have evolved since I wanted people to experience different settings to understand the reason why behind any set of rules.

I have replied to your questions,in your quote,below,in CAPITALS.

Regards

Simba

Malcik:
Hi all, I discovered this thread a couple of days ago and went trough it. It is great to have Simba reveal his secrets and others to diligently discuss them. I just hope this thread doesn't die so that we can continue working on this together and learn. Simba, you're a great mentor!

I have a little confusion concerning the signals. I don't know where I'm supposed to wait for the final color of the indicator (for the end of the corresponding 1-hr. or 4-hr. period), when I'm supposed to just wait for the close of the current 5-min. bar, and when I'm supposed to act on colors it keeps giving tick by tick.

Here's how I got it:

ENTRY:NO,JUST DIRECTION FILTER

MTF SATL - anytime the COMPLETED4-hr. period is blue/red, ALLOW FOR long/short ENTRIES

Chandelier - anytime the LAST COMPLETE 1-hr. bar closed above the buy line or below the sell line, enter long/short NO..SEE EXIT

W%R - anytime the current 5-min. bar AT THE TIME OF ITS CLOSE gives W%R below -95 or above -5, enter long/short IF SIGNAL IN DIRECTION OF THE MTF SATL TREND FILTER

EXIT:

MTF SATL - anytime the LAST COMPLETE 4-hr. period is red/blue, exit from long/short position OK

Chandelier - anytime the COMPLETED 1H CLOSE OF THE 5 M price crosses buy/sell line, AND CHANDELIER CHANGES ITS COLOUR AND POSITION,exit from long/short position because that's where our intial and trailing stop is

Please tell me if I got it right.

I'm confused about what happened 1/19/07 at 15:25 GMT. I don't know what the color of SATL was at that time but let's say it was blue(NO,IT WAS NOT COMPLETED AT TIME OF SIGNAL,SO THE LAST COMPLETED 4H SATL WAS RED). Chandelier says long because it had been violated only temporarily OK(it didn't close below it on neither end of any of the 1-hr. periods). Together with W%R, it is a clear entry signal,NO,INVALIDATED BY RED SATL. But where do I place the stop since it is above my price?YOU DON`T ENTER LAST COMPLETED 4H SATL SAYS SHORT AND CHANDELIER SAYS LONG..JUST WAIT..FOR THE MOMENT

Thanks for your cooperation and have a great day!

SAME TO YOU

4 Differentsuccessful Entries In 1m Tf

Hi everybody,

Please check the attached pic,you will see that since yesterday at 18:44 CET ,to this morning at 07:47 CET , we had 4 different BUY entry signals,in the 1M TF-1M is "allowed" when price above/below blue/red SATL with Chandelier agreeing,see previous posts-,ranging from 1.9755 to 1.9780.

Price is now,at the time of posting, at 1.9826,above the Resistance 3....What should you do?

It can be interesting to note that there are no GBPUSD related news until tomorrow....

Tell me ,tell me

Simba

Files:
1mentries.gif  36 kb

SIMBA:
Hi everybody,

Please check the attached pic,you will see that since yesterday at 18:44 CET ,to this morning at 07:47 CET , we had 4 different BUY entry signals,in the 1M TF-1M is "allowed" when price above/below blue/red SATL with Chandelier agreeing,see previous posts-,ranging from 1.9755 to 1.9780.

Price is now,at the time of posting, at 1.9826,above the Resistance 3....What should you do?

It can be interesting to note that there are no GBPUSD related news until tomorrow....

Tell me ,tell me

Simba

Simba,

I would wait until SATL or Chandelier turns his colour and close the position/s.

KptMisiu

i think the 4hSATL give only a valid signal, when SATL- time of 4 hours it closed.It is not closed, i use only direction of the SATL before. Or i have any not understand?

I have a pic below, what me opinion to this them.

Please simba, about i to mistake something?

2. Question

The indicator of the second pic, how can i making this?

gracias simba

buenos tardes seehund

Files:
1.bmp  331 kb

Files:
seehund.gif  28 kb

Hi everybody,

O.K., so if I understand it properly, with any MTF indicator that we use, we look at last complete bar. The part that is forming right now (changing colors) is supposed to be ignored. That's great, because it makes backtesting easier and more reliable.

Attached to this, I'm sending the indicator for pivots, supports ,and resistances that you can use when taking a look at charts other than today's. It is named Dolly because I just modified Dolly indicator to make this one - you can rename it to anything you want.

Hope it helps someone. Before going live with anything, I prefer to do some backtesting as well...

Files:
dolly.mq4  5 kb
Reason: