Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 92

elepoutre:
Not sure if it s holygrail....during strong trend, when some orders remain open, the equity curve is plunging...needing to wait for currency to retrace all way back...

It's called "working capital".

Hello,

I am new here. (yeoeleven pointed me here) I have read this whole thread and the 10 points3

I am also new to trading, been manually trading on a demo for 3-4 months some good and some bad. I would like to start testing goblin. I know it is still being worked on so my questions are should I start to demo it or wait awhile, should I use the standard version or the bipolar?

Being completely new to EA's I don't think I will be able to offer much input until I understand whats happening if thats ok

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

If you want to forward test on your demo account then I think you should test both versions.

I copied my metatrader folder a few times and created some more demo accounts.

I forward test Goblin on one pair.

I forward test Bipolar on another pair.

Then its just a matter of deciding which pairs and what settings to use!

GL

Tross

A Good EA, But not the Holy Grail

autofx:
aghenry1, The results you posted are stupendous. This thing could be nothing less than a super-grail. I'm stunned.

Autofx & AGHenry, et al,

A few weeks ago I posted a demo statement using the original Goblin EA, which showed a dramatic tripling of equity in two and a half weeks, from $10,000 to $30,000. Even I was amazed. As expected the account took a nosedive at the NFP and went to < $4000 in 36 hours. I restarted the account with a fresh $10,000 a few days later again with the original version, which only did marginal and eventually failed. I then attempted David's hedged version with pairs and settings as he suggested. He had a great result but for me this version bombed too. My best version since the first original version is the Options version which after about two weeks is up about $1200. My point here being that it seems that different versions out there and with different settings do not seem to consistently profit even when the market should be at its best for this EA...a ranging or gradually trending market. If you look at different peoples posts it seems to bear this out. The results seem to be all over the place. Is my observation correct or am I just not getting it. One other observation that I have made is that with my first result on the original version was that GBP made alot of gains and there were few losses. On my second result, I would have been in profit if it hadn't have been for all the losses I took on USD/GBP. I am thinking that there is too much volatility in this pair and it should probably be put on the back shelf. On the new bi-polar edition 2 mod f, my account has dropped $1000 in the first two days...probably too soon to tell. Perhaps the EA has to get into some kind of rhythm...

I still believe that this is a great EA...don't get me wrong. I think as others have suggested, that there is something about the timing... when is it the best time to start the EA and is it in the right direction. Perhaps we should be looking at COT data and paying more attention to the impending trends of the pairs and give the EA a push in the right direction before randomly starting it. Perhaps we should be looking at Fibonachi cycles to start the EA, etc. Any thoughts, anyone?

Trader1

I concur 100% with you Bob about setting the RiskPercent low, my intention in emphasizing lower leverage is mostly directly towards newbies who get excited by thinking they will make tons of money in 6 months or less only to find that their overleveraged positions bites them in the ass at some point. Several of us including Bluto have emphasized several times to use low leverage and I hope that it sinks in but if it doesn't then the lesson will be learned the same way that I learned it ie. the hard way and once it's learned the hard way it is fortuneately very difficult to unlearn. My motto with any type of trading including this fine EA is slow and steady. cheers

autofx:
I've seen plenty of traders set risk parameters too high, enjoying great results under most trading condtions, but getting killed by strong trends against some of their trades that got caught on the wrong side. This is why I'm testing with RiskPercent at 0.5 rather than 2.0.

I have seen two setup do different things during the same time period. I will have to check the indicators etc and make sure they are all playing on a level field except for the settings aspect. I do know that the two winning setups were started in the afternoon and the loser was started early AM EST. As far as the idea of account size 1/5k vs 10/50k I would say in my case the percent win on winners was about the same for a 50k account. But that was with an earlier version. That could be worth something. My testing rigor has not been the best as others who keep very stringent boundaries and records. That can create problems which is why I offer little in the way of suggestions. If this whole win/loss thing is a cycle problem that is a curious problem indeed. I would think that should be caught in short time by the same EA responding to the same data set regardless of starting time. I plan on working more intentionally to look at the mixed setup of longs and shorts. Again if it is a cycle issue that could compound the loss or the win it would seem. In any case Bluto has done an excellent job along with good suggestions from this forum to wet the appetite of psssibilities. It will be interesting to see the next version of Goblin (II). Thanks for the investment of time and the generosity of an open door to success for others as well.

Greg

Food for thought

Hi Guys and Gals:,

I posted this in the Bi-polar thread by accident and apologize to Bluto, I am now placing in the correct thread, Sorry.

In the small amount of time I have been testing the Goblin I have come up with some curious findings. Is it possible, and I am asking to see if anyone else has the same feeling, that these E.A.'s would operate better with a minimum balance in any single account. It seems like the larger the balance the deeper you get into trouble. Maybe if we clear out the balance every couple of days, we would have better luck. I have heard from several people in my little trading circle that when they start with a smaller amounts they have positive results 100 % of the time. I have two accounts that I started at the same time. One with $5000 and one with $1000. The one with $5000 is down to $3245 and the one with $1000 IS AT $1345. Go figure, both on the same pairs. Any help testing this theory would be appreciated.

Jim

Hard1head1:

I posted this in the Bi-polar thread by accident and apologize to Bluto, I am now placing in the correct thread, Sorry.

In the small amount of time I have been testing the Goblin I have come up with some curious findings. Is it possible, and I am asking to see if anyone else has the same feeling, that these E.A.'s would operate better with a minimum balance in any single account. It seems like the larger the balance the deeper you get into trouble. Maybe if we clear out the balance every couple of days, we would have better luck. I have heard from several people in my little trading circle that when they start with a smaller amounts they have positive results 100 % of the time. I have two accounts that I started at the same time. One with $5000 and one with $1000. The one with $5000 is down to $3245 and the one with $1000 IS AT $1345. Go figure, both on the same pairs. Any help testing this theory would be appreciated.

Jim

in my testing I have found that with 5k .05 lots or .5 risk is max risk.

on 10k account .1 lot or .5 risk.

.1 lot can be ran on 5k account as I have been doing on forward tests. But back tests suggest there will be a point when the account will bust.

This may be too metaphysical for some but some years back the physics community found in their experiments that the observer affects the observed, in other words the one doing the experiment(trading in our case) directly affects the outcome of the experiment(trading results). This is where mindset comes into trading but on a bit deeper level. Let me be clear though that I am not suggesting that your mind will affect the market but it will affect your trading. The simple conclusion being that trading less funds MIGHT make a difference in terms of being more relaxed and confident and therefore the trader might be less confident and relaxed with more funds. Many newbies are under the assumption that trading is ONLY objective and hence they put their lens of focus outside of themselves for answers on how to be profitable when in fact if there is a grail it has it's center in your interior. Trading is both subjective and objective and when a trader matures and "gets" that paradox then they trade in their own personal Flow where losses are simply the price of admission and not dwelled upon and where their unique subjective style guides their objective trading strategy. My two cents.

Hard1head1:

Jim

Attached is a Regular Goblin Demo Run based on AGHENRY1 settings and post number #903, since start of current week using 0.10 lots quite impressed.

Note the CHF/USD trades in this report are 0.05 lots using default settings 1HR chart using the EA MacChannel which is one of the best EA's in the elite section for trading CHF/USD. (based on previous results posted there)

Files:
goblin.htm  25 kb
Reason: