Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 67

buddywright:
You guy's are posting statements with demo accounts, that is OK, but some statements are up to 25.6 units starting at .10 this WILL NOT HAPPEN IN LIVE TRADING, you can play all the games you want, no one will risk this amount of units, they will quit after Maxtrades 7 or less, some of the statements in the last 2 papes are just plain dumb. Try these martingale methods on a real account and see what happens. Leveage at some brokers velocity4x is only 1:100, you better have a 25K account to trade like some of these statements show.

So....are you testing Goblin, or are you just passing through town to flick a few boogers? If you've perused the entire thread, you'd see there's been ample discussion on the concepts of leverage with these types of strategies. I think most everyone is well aware of the pitfalls and possibilities with an EA like this one. The purpose of the demo testing at this phase is to stress test the limits and see which areas need to be fortified to reduce risk. If you had read the entire thread, you'd be aware of this.

New version of Goblin

Hey Bluto,

Any news about the release of your next version of Goblin (GoblinTF)?

gandolff:
Hey Bluto,

Any news about the release of your next version of Goblin (GoblinTF)?

If all goes well and the mods work the way I want them to....you'll be looking at having "Goblin TF" (or Jugulator?) to test in a week or so. This isn't such an easy retrofit into the Goblin 10Point3 engine...the entire order model has to be practically re-written.

Forward testing

Tross:
Many requests for this.

This is only to play with till we see another revision from Bluto. (no pressure!)

It reverses order placement in the progression after every order is placed.

It also introduces the Dynamic Pips that I have been using.

What that does is changes the pips between orders in a progression depending on the High and Low of the pair over the last 24 hours, within a range that you decide (DefaultPips)

If false it will use DefaultPips just like you'd expect.

This acts completely different from Goblin, Orders aren't closed until they are profitable or hit a SL/MaxOrderLoss.

I don't use this live.

Tross

After the first day of testing this EA I am posting a detailed statement. Starting from a .1 unit and using the settings below on the major pairs on H1 charts.

Very interesting to see how it only opens one trade at a time on each pair quite different to what we have been accustomed in this thread.

The floating loss has ballooned out but that is the way of this hedging EA as it goes about it's business.

LotSize=1.00000000

LotPrecision=1

TakeProfit=25.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

LotsIncreaseBy=1.60000000

FiboProgression=1

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=5

AccountType=0

Magic=20061113

John

Files:

Goblin1

Here is a detailed statement for Goblin1 this week starting from .01 and using the 4 majors on a H1 TF

Had to reach .64 on GBPUSD and .32 on EURUSD.

Settings below:-

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

John

Files:
goblin10.htm  35 kb
goblin10.gif  5 kb

50K account IBFX

GoblinFibo [1] 2

15 minute Chart

TP 32

Lots 0.1

Trailing Stop 17.0

FiboProgression true

Max Trades 13

Pips 18

Secure Profit 10

Account Protection 0

Orders Protect 0

MaxLossPer Order 0.0

Reverse Condition 0

Start Year 2005

Start Month 1

EndYear 2050

End Month 12

mm 0

risk 12

AccountNormal 0

Magic123987

Goblin1

see the next page. I hit the submit before the Manage attachments tab. oops

Demo Testing Through NFP

bluto:
So....are you testing Goblin, or are you just passing through town to flick a few boogers? If you've perused the entire thread, you'd see there's been ample discussion on the concepts of leverage with these types of strategies. I think most everyone is well aware of the pitfalls and possibilities with an EA like this one. The purpose of the demo testing at this phase is to stress test the limits and see which areas need to be fortified to reduce risk. If you had read the entire thread, you'd be aware of this.

Bluto,

Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you and those who have contributed to this thread. I think that Goblin is a great EA that just needs tweaking which is what all of us are trying to contribute.

I was critisized in an earlier post because I had basically let my demo account run with the default settings and had doubled my account in 4-5 days. As you stated above, the "purpose of the demo testing at this phase is to stress test the limits and see which areas need to be fortified to reduce risk.".

Rather than being deterred by criticism, I continued to test using the default settings of max trades 10, with account protection enabled. My testing started on 11/28 and before the NFP announcement, my account had grown from $10,000 to $32,000+. Please find this statement attached.

While I could have shut down the EA and protected the $22,000 in demo profit, I decided to let it run through the NFP. As expected, the account took a major hit, pretty much in accord with the results that Wackena posted earlier. Within 3 hours the account was down to ~ $4000 total. Essentially a blowout. The point of this exercise is to learn how the EA handles this kind of event. And we find out that (as we had supposed), that the EA won't respond quickly enough to recover. The max trades and account protection did work as coded, with my maxtrades not going past 7.

Several people have posted suggestions, many of which are very creative. I know that you are working on the Hedge aspect and we can hardly wait to see the new version. There are also the ideas of closing all orders when a certain parameter is breached, as well as incorporating the news into the EA to avoid trading on volatile days/news events. I also thought Wackena's idea of protecting account equity was a good one. I'm not sure if he has developed a feature to protect a percentage of the equity as the account increases as I haven't studied it in depth, but it sounds like a good idea.

One concept that may have been mentioned earlier is creating an envelope around price action similar to what Hendrick develped in Firebird v.63H04. This version created a "SAFE AREA" that prevented new trades from being opened when the price spiked outside of the envelope. In Firebird, however, the damage was usually caused by earlier trades, while in Goblin, most of the damage is created at the time of the event so in effect this would immediately stop any further trades until the price conformed to the "safe" envelope settings. I have included this EA so that the code can be studied by our programmers who might want to explore this concept. I have also included a "Safe Area" indicator for those of us who like to see visually.

As for now, I am continuing to let the EA run to see if it will recover or totally run out of margin. Only time will tell.

Trader1

Trader1

Goblin1.2 or

GoblinFibo1.2 both have account equity protection built in, as well as MaxLossPer order built in.

Goblin1.2 on first page.

GoblinFibo1.2 a few pages back by me

(not GoblinFibo1.2_dumbhedge)

Tross

Someone had asked for a dumbhedge version with some options.

I wrote all the options that I've been playing with into Goblin1.2

If reset to default options this EA will run exactly as Bluto's Goblin1.2 does now.

Details,

FiboProgression

- true = use Fibonacci sequence for lot progression instead of Martingale .

DynamicPips

- true = calculate distance between orders depending on the swing between high and low of the pair over the last 36 hours. Depends on DefaultPips as it's middle point

ReverseBlindly

- true = reverses every next order in a progression. Not quite working as intended, also seems to reverse when orders are placed.

ReverseOnTrend

- true = constantly checks to see if buy OR sell orders should be placed, works during progression.

Use4hourTrend

- true = reverts trade decisions to fixed 4h, ala Goblin1.1

If you have feedback about these options, maybe PM me.

I do not wish to muddle this thread as we wait for the next installment.

However if something amazing happens, everyone might want to know.

Enjoy

Tross

Files: