Live Testing reports - page 7

yan7181:
i am really new to phoenix and now i am running to demo testing real time on 15mins timeframe with phoenix 5.6.03 version with interbank and mig demo server. I have discovered that even though both using default setting, they came out different positions, and the best performance is interbank(which i do not prefer as their pips spread is 3pips compared to mig only 2 pips) Do you guys having same results like me? is the selecting of brokers very important? until now which is the best performance and my concern is even though it performs well in demo, i believe real account server will be much different compare to the demo server. How should we overcome this?thank you.

Most questions are answered in the FAQ section. To see all of the threads, click "Phoenix" link on the line "Forex Trading > Trading systems > Phoenix > Live Testing reports" below the logo.

Because brokers have so many ways to take money from us, many of them do and it is legal. Sometimes real and demo accounts have different quotes, sometimes they spreads jump up very high (IBFX does both), etc. We are still trying to pick a "decent broker" and run our tests and community account on that broker. IBFX is NOT it. I have heard, but not confirmed, that FXDD, NorthFinance, and a few other brokers have the same data on real and demo.

There are at least 5 major nasty tricks the brokers use, we are trying to find one that uses the least nasty tricks.

Phoenix also has been having a behavior that I consider a bug. Two people running the same version on the same broker at the same time end up with different results. Version 5.6.6 attempts to fix this.

Many people are running Phoenix with real money, and profiting the same way demo users do. The trades are not the same, but the profits are similar. Before you do real money trades, hopefully we will have new settings files.

skinnypig:
Hello,

This is my report on demo account. The first 2 transactions were not on Phoenix 5.6.03.

Could someone tell me how to set for taking one position at a time rather than three positions at one time?

How do you set to trade only 1 minilot (0.1) not 0.2 as shown?

Also I don't know why the EA sometimes only take one position and not 3.

This look like one of the best EA to me.

Does anyone find other that is more reliable?

thanks,

Switch to mode 1 for only one trade. Update to Phoenix 5.6.6 for the more stability in all modes. See my prior post about how to find all phoenix threads.

Stat

Some home works

Since 3 weeks on P5 XXX (2,3,4,6)

Mode : 3

Brooker : Interbank

Settings : inside

To be clear : some mistake, some trades closed manually... but at 99% goods results.

Eur/Jpy : -59$ -79 pips Trade 28 Win 8 Lost 12

Gb/Jpy : -702$ -644 pips Trade 36 Win 16 Lost 15

Gb/Usd : +377$ +227 pips Trade 19 Win 11 lost 6

$/Chf : +1121$ +109 pips Trade 27 Win 23 lost 5

$/Jpy : -202 $ -190 pips Trade 33 Win 19 Lost 14

Ok first reaction could be : keep the cur(s) with profit and throw the others to garbagge...

Not so easy...

And Eur/jpy is near par and $/Jpy not so far..

Yes if gb/jpy will be in the same mood in the near future... unfortunetly we will consider to leave Britons fighting against Japs (well, the pair and no offence !)

You see also that gb/jpy 25 % of the TT trades made 70 % of the losses

and on the other hand $/Chf 18 % of TT trades made 74 % of profit

$/Jpy is also interesting coz it have more win than losses but result is negative : each time the brutality of SL drop the profit to cave...

(bit a same with GB/JPY)

Thought (huuum!) : more hard work to calculate right level of SL to reduce losses

Some comments...

bertbin:

Eur/Jpy : -59$ -79 pips Trade 28 Win 8 Lost 12

Gb/Jpy : -702$ -644 pips Trade 36 Win 16 Lost 15

Gb/Usd : +377$ +227 pips Trade 19 Win 11 lost 6

$/Chf : +1121$ +109 pips Trade 27 Win 23 lost 5

$/Jpy : -202 $ -190 pips Trade 33 Win 19 Lost 14

It looks like GBPJPY and USDJPY need new settings. Some were posted for USDJPY, maybe run the new settings on a separate account? We need to confirm the new settings and make .set files faster. :/

daraknor:
Switch to mode 1 for only one trade. Update to Phoenix 5.6.6 for the more stability in all modes. See my prior post about how to find all phoenix threads.

Hi daraknor,

Thanks for your kind help, I'll definitely try them out very shortly.

BTW do you happen to test Phoenox 4.2-03? It seems happen the same way. There trades on 0.2-0.3 lots most of the time then jump to 1.4 -2.0 lot without notice. However it also shows good positive balance inthe past 2-3 weeks. I like both of them.

daraknor:
It looks like GBPJPY and USDJPY need new settings. Some were posted for USDJPY, maybe run the new settings on a separate account? We need to confirm the new settings and make .set files faster. :/

Darak

How to change inside settings ???

Open a not compile Phoenix, change the code with the news settings then recompile it ? (and drag and drop on the graph)

Or by the properties but in that case prefsetting=false ?

Let me know

fikko:
Hi Bertbin,

By the way, some trades, I stop it by hands!! Because I must learn to have good feeling as well

Really I understand you.... When see 75 or 80 or 90 positive pips on a trade... and TP is still far (Mode 3 third trade) after more than 2 years on FX (Oanda), for my part : I CLOSE....

No way : coz pips in the pocket are... in the pocket !!!

Even in one of his last post Hendrick himself suggested to do so..

BTW which last setings you use ? Inside or yours ? How you do it ? How do you change it ?(I'm a bit new on the tricks of Meta and the EA!!)

Fikko

Are you using the settings of Artemos posted by Darak in Phoenix Optimization ???? And HOW do you "enter" them in P5??????????????

Thanks

bertbin:
Darak

How to change inside settings ???

Open a not compile Phoenix, change the code with the news settings then recompile it ? (and drag and drop on the graph)

Or by the properties but in that case prefsetting=false ?

Let me know

Hi Bertbin,

Mine is in positive and good performance. I prefer using the prefsetting=false, and fill it some setting.

Starting date: 06 November 2006

Ending date: 30 November 2006

Length of test: 25 days

Initial capital: $1000

Current Balance: $2821.74

Net Profit: $1821.74

In Percentage: 182.1% in 25 days.

Broker: Alpari

Phoenix: Version 5.6.01

Mode: 01

Setting: Latest setting

By the way, some trades, I stop it by hands!! Because I must learn to have good feeling as well

bertbin:
Fikko

Are you using the settings of Artemos posted by Darak in Phoenix Optimization ???? And HOW do you "enter" them in P5??????????????

Thanks

Nop. I am using my own setting. I post it here somewhere.

Percent = 0.0032;

EnvelopePeriod = 2;

TakeProfit = 42;

StopLoss = 84;

TrailingStop = 0;

SMAPeriod = 4;

SMA2Bars = 11;

OSMAFast = 29;

OSMASlow = 40;

OSMASignal = 2;

Fast_Period = 7;

Slow_Period = 15;

DVBuySell = 0.0034;

DVStayOut = 0.048;

Just press "F7" when showing a graphic of your USDJPY chart and then change the values of PrefSettings=false. Then you have to fill in the parameters above.

NB. I just edit the statement that I post earlier, because 2 orders are just closed, and the balance is increased.

Reason: