Cost Averaging System

I have a couple of cost averaging system that I would like a few members to test. These systems will double down or other level of increment, and hence is risky.

I would like it to be tested and the testers post their results here. IM me for the EAs and I will email them to you.

I am testing one version that cost averages down using the Fibonacci sequence. Thus, it starts off with 0.1 lots, then to 0.2 lots, then 0.3, then 0.5, etc. as it tries to lower or raise the basis cost (lower for long trades/ higher for short trades). It did very well during last week's NFP, so I would not mind it working during news and other volatile events. Actually, it made a killing due to the up and down moves.

Here is the forward test results from last Sunday.

Maji

I'd be happy to test it. It looks interesting. Please post the EA with any suggested settings. Thanks.

Bluto,

I will not post the EA on a public forum. Most members just download EAs, but do not take the time to post their results. Only a few dedicated members take the time and effort to provide feedback.

Send me an email or PM me with your email, and I will email it to you. The system you will be getting has the default settings that I am using. You can play with it and see what you think.

Maji

Hi Maji. Nice test. Please send to me this EA .

My mail reaper2008@yandex.ru

One thing I should have mentioned, try to test on ranging pairs and avoid trending pairs. This system thrives on ranging markets and gets killed in trends. So, Cable is not a good candidate for this kind of system.

Cost Averaging System

Thanks Maji,

I have started forward testing Cost Averaging v2-Pyramid on the following pairs GBPJPY GBPCHF USDJPY EURUSD AUDUSD EURGBP on a $10000 demo account with SBFX using the M1 TF and all the settings as downloaded.

The following errors were noticed upon compilation:-

Function "CloseAll" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "DeletePending" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "DeleteExtraOrder" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "CloseThisSymbolAll" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

If that potentially will cause problems or if any of the pairs selected have been found to be unsuitable please advise.

I will post detailed summaries as the EA progresses.

John

yeoeleven:
Thanks Maji,

I have started forward testing Cost Averaging v2-Pyramid on the following pairs GBPJPY GBPCHF USDJPY EURUSD AUDUSD EURGBP on a $10000 demo account with SBFX using the M1 TF and all the settings as downloaded.

The following errors were noticed upon compilation:-

Function "CloseAll" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "DeletePending" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "DeleteExtraOrder" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "CloseThisSymbolAll" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

If that potentially will cause problems or if any of the pairs selected have been found to be unsuitable please advise.

I will post detailed summaries as the EA progresses.

John

John,

Add EURJPY and USDCHF to the mix. I found them to be rewarding. EURGBP moves to slow and I am seeing only one trade on for the last week or so. Check my results, they will show which pairs work well.

The warnings you mentioned are just routines that I have not used in the EA. It does not pose a problem. Those are not "errors" but are "warnings".

Hi Maji,

I wud also be interested in this...actually ive been running mine for 3 months with decent returns....my email is unidentiedfo@yahoo.com

Thanks

Hi Maji,

Please PM me the system and I will backtest I have worked hard to get my metatrader to 90% modelling quality and accurate for backtest. Thanks for your contribution, Lee

leeb:
Hi Maji, Please PM me the system and I will backtest I have worked hard to get my metatrader to 90% modelling quality and accurate for backtest. Thanks for your contribution, Lee

Lee,

You will have to PM me with your email address so that I can email you the EA.

I think I missed a couple of other requests. Please feel free to PM me and remind me if I missed your request.

Thanks for all of your cooperation.

Forward testing

the first detailed report, the additional pairs recommended have been added.

Reason: