Cost Averaging System - page 21

Maji:
Absolutely Scott... that was my intention all along. I wanted to type Buy = cl > Ma.. .but I typed it wrong and never noticed it... DOOOOOOHHHHHHH

Thanks for pointing it out. I am requesting everyone to make that change.

Thanks again.

Hi Maji,

With original v1, the positions of Sell EUR/USD (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.8) are closed in positive (thanks to the decrease of EUR), now the equity and balance are 5526, with 526 pips gain.

As you know, if the pair jump 150 pips or evan more in a day, those positions would be in risk. If we could safely handle 200 or 300 pips jump per day with this system, it will be very good.

By the way, I have found the reason why USD/CAD position was opened twice in my test. I have attached the same EA on the two charts of USD/CAD. Seems ok now after I drop out one chart.

Thanks a lot!

Scott

RSI Version

I testing RSI version on M15.

Please, I have bad setting or any?

This is result and setting...

Files:

forex4syg:
Hi Maji,

With original v1, the positions of Sell EUR/USD (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.8) are closed in positive (thanks to the decrease of EUR), now the equity and balance are 5526, with 526 pips gain.

As you know, if the pair jump 150 pips or evan more in a day, those positions would be in risk. If we could safely handle 200 or 300 pips jump per day with this system, it will be very good.

By the way, I have found the reason why USD/CAD position was opened twice in my test. I have attached the same EA on the two charts of USD/CAD. Seems ok now after I drop out one chart.

Thanks a lot!

Scott

The only way to handle such a jump is to increase the pipstep. That way, the addon trades are further away. You can experiment with that using different values and see what works.

I think in the previous case, just using CL>MA will not work properly. I will see what I can do and will try to send out an update over the weekend.

thanks again.

Forward testing

Still forward testing Cost Averagingv3 Pyramid and Cost Averaging RSI.

detailed statements for the past 2 weeks are attached.

John

Hi Maji. Nice test. Please send to me this EA.

My mail hugobedoya@une.net.co

Hugo

CA_RSI_Trend_H1

CA_RSI_Trend_H1

Cost Averaging RSI and v3 from last week

Pairs: EURUSD, USDCHF,EURJPY,USDJPY,USDCAD, AUDUSD, EURCHF, EURGBP

Timeframe: M1-v3, M15-RSI

Settings: All default

Broker: IBFX

Files:
ca_rsi.gif  6 kb
ca_v3.gif  6 kb
ca_rsi.htm  143 kb
ca_v3.htm  80 kb

Cost Averaging RSI with Trend

First week of testing CA RSI with Trend.

Pairs: EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDCHF, GBPCHF, AUDUSD

Timeframe: M15, M30, H1

Starting ballance: $5000

Broker:IBFX

Settings: Default

Looks like the random entry method will need a larger account to trade. Otherwise, the stop loss is easily triggered.

I am working on a version using the trend rsi with some corrections/bug squashes that I will try to send out this weekend.

Thanks everyone and don't forget to post your findings this week.

Statement for RSI_Trend_v1

Hi Maji,

Here is Statement for RSI_Trend_v1 with FXDD, 15min charts, 5 Pairs.

This statement is from the one of my two tests which run normally without problem caused by USD/CAD.

1). If the system is updated to follow the trend and with RSI, seems there will be much less trades. RSI 80 in down trend seems not easy to be satisfied. In your current version 1, these conditions seems easier to happen.

2). Could you update the error message with ErrorDescription()?

The trace

if(ticket<0){Print("Error: ",GetLastError()); return(0);}

sometimes is not straightforward. One time, I also got trace message like

"Error: 0", and did not know what it is.

3). If the system is to follow the trend, the default profit 15 might be too small. Is there some meaning to have the trailing stop in the system? We may let the profit run. Hopefully, this still obey the rule of cost-average.

Thanks a lot for your great work!

Scott

Reason: