Cost Averaging System - page 48

crash!

Maji:
You are right Scott... this is the aggressive version with nanolots. Just an experiment and yet it survived the long trends while the other more conservative ones blew up. The clue is again leverage.. have to be extremely underleveraged and use nanolots for small accounts. I am coming home with that knowledge.

I did quite a few experiments with various types of such systems - finally they all blow up.

It is like jumping from the plane without a parachute. The higher you jump (low size, low lev) the longer you 'fly' .. but you have to crash!!

regards.

yeoeleven:
Moving on another day and posting my results.

Cost Averaging v3-Pyramid

Cost Averaging RSI Excellent

John

my Cost Averaging v3-Pyramid

auto:
I did quite a few experiments with various types of such systems - finally they all blow up.

It is like jumping from the plane without a parachute. The higher you jump (low size, low lev) the longer you 'fly' .. but you have to crash!!

regards.

I agree - you crash sooner or later

Auto and Shinigami,

I agree with you that you that these cost averaging systems can and will crash. However, what I am trying to find out is if there is a capitalization requirement that can help you withstand the drawdowns. Perhaps, there isn't any such animal, but I still have to go through the exercise of looking. It is only by looking hard that we learn and that is why my main objective is.

may I have a test?

May I have latest version?

Maji:
Scott,

Thanks for the posting. I think for a small account you can trade the following pairs:

GBP/CHF

EUR/JPY

EUR/CHF

CHF/JPY

I think this will keep you diversified.

By the way, usesafemode means it will use RSI to exit trades.

May I have a latest version?

Hi Maji,

May i have latest version of this ea?

norhan_ase@yahoo.com

Maji:
I have a couple of cost averaging system that I would like a few members to test. These systems will double down or other level of increment, and hence is risky.

I would like it to be tested and the testers post their results here. IM me for the EAs and I will email them to you.

I am testing one version that cost averages down using the Fibonacci sequence. Thus, it starts off with 0.1 lots, then to 0.2 lots, then 0.3, then 0.5, etc. as it tries to lower or raise the basis cost (lower for long trades/ higher for short trades). It did very well during last week's NFP, so I would not mind it working during news and other volatile events. Actually, it made a killing due to the up and down moves.

Here is the forward test results from last Sunday.

Maji

Hi!

As i promised, here is my results on real account. It was deposits and withdrawals, so don't look at graf. P/f is above 6, i think it's a very good result

Files:
ds_ca.htm  79 kb
ds_ca.gif  5 kb

Hi iam testing since 12.12.2006 on 3 different demo account all is in profit here are 2 off them.

Thanks to Maji

yeoeleven:
Closed the EA off for the weekend.

Showing a healthy profit of $424 for the week after manually closing the EA.

Will continue next week with the new EA.

John

Please, send me your expert. I want test it.

Thank you!

Romildo

Reason: