Cost Averaging System - page 22

Hello

I want to test this EA too can anyone sent it to me please?

yeoeleven:
Still forward testing Cost Averagingv3 Pyramid and Cost Averaging RSI.

detailed statements for the past 2 weeks are attached.

John

Hi,

please, can you write settings for this two EA?

I testing witj defalut settings RSI version on M15 and still bad result. Pyramid version on M1 working with profit.

PLEASE

attach statement AND SET file for this test.

frantacech:
Hi,

please, can you write settings for this two EA?

I testing witj defalut settings RSI version on M15 and still bad result. Pyramid version on M1 working with profit.

PLEASE

attach statement AND SET file for this test.

Cost Averagingv3 Preset

LotExponent=1.66700000

slip=3.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

TakeProfit=10.00000000

Stoploss=500.00000000

PipStep=30.00000000

MaxTrades=10

TotalEquityRisk=20.00000000

using M1 on EURUSD EURGBP EURJPY GBPCHF GBPJPY USDCHF AUDUSD

Cost Averaging RSI Preset

MagicNumber=12323

LotExponent=1.66666700

slip=3.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

TakeProfit=10.00000000

Stoploss=500.00000000

PipStep=30.00000000

MaxTrades=10

UseSafeMode=1

UseRSIforAddTrade=1

UseStopLoss=1

TotalEquityRisk=20.00000000

BuyLevel=20.00000000

SellLevel=80.00000000

SlowPeriod=14

FastPeriod=5

PriceType=1

using M15 on EURUSD EURGBP EURJPY GBPCHF GBPJPY USDCHF AUDUSD

John

forex4syg:
Hi Maji,

Here is Statement for RSI_Trend_v1 with FXDD, 15min charts, 5 Pairs.

This statement is from the one of my two tests which run normally without problem caused by USD/CAD.

1). If the system is updated to follow the trend and with RSI, seems there will be much less trades. RSI 80 in down trend seems not easy to be satisfied. In your current version 1, these conditions seems easier to happen.

2). Could you update the error message with ErrorDescription()?

The trace

if(ticket<0){Print("Error: ",GetLastError()); return(0);}

sometimes is not straightforward. One time, I also got trace message like

"Error: 0", and did not know what it is.

3). If the system is to follow the trend, the default profit 15 might be too small. Is there some meaning to have the trailing stop in the system? We may let the profit run. Hopefully, this still obey the rule of cost-average.

Thanks a lot for your great work!

Scott

Scott,

I am working on an update of the trend system. I will try some variations and see if I can refine the buy the dip logic better.

Error 0 means no error.

I did have a system with trailing stop and I will see if I can find it and incorporate it in the update.

Other users who want to test, please PM me with your email and I will include you in the update list.

I would like the opinion of the other testers who have been working so hard here. Should I keep the list of testers open or close it after we have 50 testers?

A lot of testers have the EA but only a few post their results. A precondition to testing the EA was to find ways to make it better. Without their input, that is not possible. I am thinking of dropping the names of the members who have not posted any input here. Will that be fair to the testers who take time to post their thoughts and results here?

Thanks again for your help.

sdln28:
Here it is - but I only have the ex4

Hey bud - that ain't one of Maji's EA's. That's that $99 account-busting EA from the no-contact phantoms @ Forex-Soft.Netfirms.Com (the one that guarantees 2460% / year ). You really should remove it.

Maji EA

Hello Maji,

I have created my own EA based on the concept of cost averaging.

The lessons that I learnt are also applicable to your strategy.

Here are my experiences from my backtests on the EURUSD for 2006.

: Ranging markets produced the most money and lowest drawdown.

: You need at least a 5k account to trade this type of strategy.

: Don't interfear when the draw down starts to build up.

: I found that averaging down every 50pips produces the best result.

: I took profit every 30pips.

: The account doubled after 5 months.

: Filtering did not reduce the drawdown that much.

My entry was based on defining a trend, then buying or selling on pullbacks

on a 1hr chart.

I will continue to pursue this strategy as I believe that if your account is large

enough, and if you are not greedy, and have patience, you can grow

you account at an acceptable rate at reduced risk.

Have fun,

Coder

Coder:
Hello Maji,

on a 1hr chart.

I will continue to pursue this strategy as I believe that if your account is large

Have fun,

Coder

Thank you Coder for your input.

How did you define trend?

Did you double down every 50 pips?

Thanks,

Maji

What is the value of putting any limit on who tests and who doesn't and just having the EA be open on the thread? Seems to me that stressing out over who is deserving and who is not to be on a tester list is really a tangent to the development of a positive strategy. It sucks your energy away from development and into a who'se who void. The point of a team approach to development is to pull from others diverse perspectives. If you believe that there is value in this approach as I do then limiting that input is counterproductive. Allowing everyone's input is in the best interest of development and you remain as always free to take what helps from that brainstorm and leave the rest. You are under no obligation to anyone else on the thread either to use their ideas or not use their ideas. Seems to me you are tying your own hands with this tester list. That's my perspective.

As to the explaination of why I have not posted more test results is because I have not had anything substantiative to report that's different from the tests I did a couple weeks ago on this. None of the filters added to present have made much difference in eliminating what I perceive as a fatal drawdown flaw. I found that the pipstep of 85 or 100 on some pairs worked better than 50. No amount of repeating the tests will change that. Instead I have turned my attention to what might make an improvement in performance and that rather than repeating what I already know doesn't work is what has had my attention.

I am currently working on developing some support and resistance identification code which could become a useful filter and might possibly turn this EA around and eliminate it's account mortality rate. (little halloween humor there) I am by no means finished with it, but I wonder will I get kicked off the development list simple because I have not posted more tests?

My suggestion is to leave the managing of a tester list alone, Post the code on the website and get back to what you do best focusing on strategy development. That perhaps is not what you wanted to hear but that's my contribution at this point. It's up to you what you do, and what you do with the input.

Take what helps and leave the rest.

Coder:
Hello Maji,

on a 1hr chart.

Have fun,

Coder

Hi Coder,

Thanks for your info. A few question for you.

1) For this strategy, 5K account is needed for one pair? what is the initial size?

2) With 50 Pips Step, can the 5k account handle the 300 Pips jump?

or you try to pick up such pair that has no such jump but ranged one?

3). What method do you use to determine the enough pullbacks? RSI or something else?

Thanks again!

Scott

Aaragorn:
What is the value of putting any limit on who tests and who doesn't and just having the EA be open on the thread? Seems to me that stressing out over who is deserving and who is not to be on a tester list is really a tangent to the development of a positive strategy. It sucks your energy away from development and into a who'se who void. The point of a team approach to development is to pull from others diverse perspectives. If you believe that there is value in this approach as I do then limiting that input is counterproductive. Allowing everyone's input is in the best interest of development and you remain as always free to take what helps from that brainstorm and leave the rest. You are under no obligation to anyone else on the thread either to use their ideas or not use their ideas. Seems to me you are tying your own hands with this tester list. That's my perspective.

As to the explaination of why I have not posted more test results is because I have not had anything substantiative to report that's different from the tests I did a couple weeks ago on this. None of the filters added to present have made much difference in eliminating what I perceive as a fatal drawdown flaw. I found that the pipstep of 85 or 100 on some pairs worked better than 50. No amount of repeating the tests will change that. Instead I have turned my attention to what might make an improvement in performance and that rather than repeating what I already know doesn't work is what has had my attention.

I am currently working on developing some support and resistance identification code which could become a useful filter and might possibly turn this EA around and eliminate it's account mortality rate. (little halloween humor there) I am by no means finished with it, but I wonder will I get kicked off the development list simple because I have not posted more tests?

My suggestion is to leave the managing of a tester list alone, Post the code on the website and get back to what you do best focusing on strategy development. That perhaps is not what you wanted to hear but that's my contribution at this point. It's up to you what you do, and what you do with the input.

Take what helps and leave the rest.

Thank you for your input. The only reason I don't want to post the code here is to prevent low lives from picking it from here and selling it. There have been some examples of these bottom feeders resorting to such tactics.

Reason: