Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 94

There are a few files and a lot of ideas I would like to gather if possible.

Version of Phoenix with Mode3 fixed. Does anyone have theories on what it *should do*? Any other ideas on what they want it to do?

The list of suggestions compiled and sent to Hendrick. Please PM me with the same list.

Bertbin: I was already working on your suggestion separate from Phoenix. I have some of the code written already. I started a thread at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175481 to develop a TradeAssist EA that only manages TP/SL levels and sending close signals. It exclusively deals with exiting existing trades. They can be from another EA or manual trade. I pondered your suggestion for a long time, and posted most of my thoughts on the matter. I think the group management would be easiest to write in or specifically for Phoenix, because Phoenix #1 only allows 1 trade set per currency #2 A distinct magic number is used for mode3 trades and we can use it. Identifying the groups (one of the hardest parts) is already done for us. Since nobody was helping write it, I was planning to sell the TradeAssistEA. I have seen a few other EA discussions borrow ideas without credit, and that reinforced my opinion. I was planning on a full featured release by the end of the month. I just sent some partial code to someone from the MQL forum on commission. This is what I'm programming most of the time. I will contribute some of my code altered for Phoenix specific group management code back to Phoenix.

I don't really intend to "take charge" either. I am the type of person who does jobs that aren't being done though. So far we are writing what we think is important and people are volunteering. I really like that. Quote from a book called "Gnosis: Hope for the Third Millenium" "With an enlightened populace, power structures become obsolete." I really like that concept. I also really like the idea of keeping Phoenix alive.

in a chat with the author of Gnosis last night, I said "information infrastructure replacing institutions" when talking about building databases. I will periodically offer, and I'd like it if people told me when it is time, to build a website to track the EA settings files. I think the settings files are the weakest point in Phoenix because without them, Phoenix dies.

I personally feel PMs are healthy if we divide up the work, and anyone can PM me. If there isn't any division of labor, it is too easy to drown in PM.

Back to code

---------------

Hi Raf,

Yes, contest version doesn't have micro account. You can use 4.2 or 5 version with phoenix_conteset setting for usdjpy. Change the setting to:

---------------

Thank you very much Fikko! It was very kind of you.

Raf

Hi raf,

I opened a micro account too with Realtrade for testing Phoenix, How ever its being four days and I have not got a single trade triggered, but in Northfinance account, all my trades are going normal.

I'm using version 5.6.3

For Phonix Mode: 1

For lots I have put: 0.01

For AccountIsMicro: true

For MoneyManagement: true

For prefsettings: true

For take profit: 50

For stop loss: 50

Could you tell me what points are missing.

Thanks.

balista4:
Hi raf,

I opened a micro account too with Realtrade for testing Phoenix, How ever its being four days and I have not got a single trade triggered, but in Northfinance account, all my trades are going normal.

I'm using version 5.6.3

Could you tell me what points are missing.

Thanks.

Hi!

I am not an expert but just a crazy enthusiast that can't stand running only demo accounts and opens live accounts with the hope to become rich ...

I am more experienced in stocks but very interested in forex and especially automatic trading.

Did you open a micro account or a mini account?

Try AccountIsMicro=false and let it run on a demo of your broker just to understand how it works. If you leave MM=true, lots are managed automatically.

If I said something wrong please correct me because I am really a beginner.

Raf

Hi Raf,

Thanks..I will try that out.

Hi Vince,

Thanks a lot for the testing manual, Finally I know how to professionally back test an EA.

I will put up my results...

Do I need Historical data?

Do I need the currencies history in order to run Phoenix, or it's only for testing purposes...

Thanks.

balista4:

If you used the same settings at both brokers you may want to verify that they allow trading of 0.001 lots (mini lot at 0.01 increments). One broker may support micro lots and another one may not. The problem may be the lot size, so a setting of 0.1 lots may work with the mini accont.

efonseca:
Do I need the currencies history in order to run Phoenix, or it's only for testing purposes... Thanks.

History is only needed for backtesting. You can run Phoenix on a real or demo account without history.

If you want to do backtesting, the new MT4 Build 200 supports autodownlading of history, so you don't need to mess with the download from alpari. Just go to the history center, select a currency and timeframe, hit download and you are done.

Reason: