EA open trades in mt4 of a broker and don't with others

Hello,

I have an EA in backtesting it works trading indices, but to run it in demo account it don't open any trade, but recently I have found a broker with its mt4 it works in demo and trade it normal. in your opinion why an EA don't open trades knowing that it did in backtesting? and why with a broker and not with other?

Thank you

Hamid Lehyan: I have an EA in backtesting it works trading indices, but to run it in demo account it don't open any trade, but recently I have found a broker with its mt4 it works in demo and trade it normal. in your opinion why an EA don't open trades knowing that it did in backtesting? and why with a broker and not with other?

Probably because the EA is not properly coded to adjust to different symbol contract specifications, like Stops Level, Freeze Level, Volume Limits (minimum, maximum and step), and maybe even the Tick Size or other trading conditions.

There may also be some incorrectly set parameters limiting the trading activity, for example to control the allowable spread or other trading situations.

Analyse your log files see if there are warnings or error messages that can indicate such situations.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Probably because the EA is not properly coded to adjust to different symbol contract specifications, like Stops Level, Freeze Level, Volume Limits (minimum, maximum and step), and maybe even the Tick Size or other trading conditions.

There may also be some incorrectly set parameters limiting the trading activity, for example to control the allowable spread or other trading situations.

Analyse your log files see if there are warnings or error messages that can indicate such situations.

Thank you, now I have an idea about this
Reason: