Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 24

Update

Hi,

Using latest phoenix version no booster.

Been using on demo for about a week.

Please see statement, great results to start then all down hill, actually running a loss now.

It seems certain pairs cause some problems but also the long running trades prevent the ea from trading a good opossite signal on a pair. In effect a 1-3 day trickle to a stop loss missing out on better trades/signals on the same pair.

Maybe a piece of code that when it got a good trade signal checked the position of an existing trade on the same pair and if it is less that 30% or 50% behind stoploss close the trade and open an opposing one.

I am still very positive about this ea and am aware that one week is a short time frame.

Regards

Alan

Files:
statement_7.htm  21 kb

Hendrick:
I would be very grateful if some of you can make the next summary:

Look at your Account History and look for every trade at its opening and closing time. Is there some kind of correlation between the total time a trade is open and if it's profitable or not? I've not analysed my own Account History but it seems to me that the longer a trade is open the less chance it will be profitable.

So, for those who have an Account History of 2 weeks or more and if you have the time can you please make such a summary. It would really help me!

Yes, you are right... Thats what mine showed... I was getting really bad results, so i've stoped using Phoenix for this week and will continue next week. Hopefully, it will be better

B

After looking over the results, it seems the reason usdyen and gbpyen are doing the best is they have the shortest time of trades therefore they can open up another trade while the other pairs are still locked up on old trade.

Maybe a good rule is to keep open usdyen and gbpyen for max. 24hrs, then close and reset expert.

For eurusd, usdchf, and usdcad trade needs to stay open a max 48hrs, otherwise its not worth it.

Any trade left open after 48hrs should be closed and also close all trades over the weekend.

I wonder how this time constrant would effect overall results.

ericbach:
After looking over the results, it seems the reason usdyen and gbpyen are doing the best is they have the shortest time of trades therefore they can open up another trade while the other pairs are still locked up on old trade.

Maybe a good rule is to keep open usdyen and gbpyen for max. 24hrs, then close and reset expert.

For eurusd, usdchf, and usdcad trade needs to stay open a max 48hrs, otherwise its not worth it.

Any trade left open after 48hrs should be closed and also close all trades over the weekend.

Thanks Eric! I think this is a usefull contribution to this thread.

YupYup:
Yes, you are right... Thats what mine showed... I was getting really bad results, so i've stoped using Phoenix for this week and will continue next week. Hopefully, it will be better B

YupYup,

Because we're testing all results are usefull! You can lean from your profits but maybe more from your losses. That's why I think it's not a good idea to close Phoenix now and restart it next week. Hope you understand.

Hendrieck,

I decided to take this EA on a spin on an small live account (NF)I have.

I am pozzeld that it did open 3 trades in the wrong direction of the other demo account (RealTrader) on which it is also running.

The question is why?

My answer analysing the charts was that there was a momentum which this EA took adventage of and scored 40Pips GB/Y, US/Y, US/CH on Demo account and on live account it just followed the trend.

Reading the codes does not indicate that such a thing is possible. the generated signal should be the same for all acounts.So I wonder what is goging on?

Ross

Results of the forward test from 2006.10.11

Now the balance practically has not changed and this not bad because the most of systems at such market actively go down the deposit. We are waiting for a trend.

detailedstatement_11.htm

Forward testing

Hendrick:
Better results now?

Yes Hendrick the EA has improved it's position over the past day.

John

Files:
phoenix7.htm  15 kb
phoenix7.gif  6 kb

testing demo account now

Hey everyone,

Hendrick you're awesome, thanks for the ea, 48 hours of testing and in profit ($200+) on a 5k account. will post results in a week.

If you can make the ea more profitable and even reduce risks, I say go for it.

Everyone's contribution really helps...thanks everyone.

Oh good luck on the contest, looking good!!

ericbach:

I think if the trade is within profit position, you can close it. If it is in loss position, I think instead of closing the open order, better to set a lower profit after 2 days, 5 pips maybe? Because this EA is a type of floating EA. Closing the position can damage the profit at the end (TP=42 SL=84)

I check though we use standard MACD calculation, with floating trade TP=42 SL=84 it still have producing a profit. So stopping the order in the middle just like a trailing stop, which will reduce overall profit.

Reason: