Live Testing reports - page 59

This weeks trading results

IBFX_0 -1320 pips Mode3, 4 pairs

IBFX_1 -1617 pips Mode3, 6 pairs

IBFX_2 -608 pips Mode1, 6 pairs

FXDD_3 -331 pips Mode3, 4 pairs

I am not in the mood for any detailed reports or thoughts on my accounts.

I am at the same point I was like a year (or more) ago with modified Firebird

versions and then Phoenix 1.x or so. It just doesn't work in the long run without human interference eg. manual stop adjustments, manual closing of loosing trades etc.

Sooner or later all the winnings are gone. If you caught the wave on an up-swing it's all good and party until it turns sour a few month down the road and you give away every single pip you made before. If you caught the wave on a down swing when you started your account you might as well just forget it - you never make it positive territory.

Counter-trend is very dangerous if there IS a trend. i had a few setups right

after each other and all got stopped out - and phoenix kept opening new trades and lost even more ground.

i have family in town (haven't seen them for 4 years) and i don't have much time for doing in-depth analysis. next month i will re-arrange my setups, open a few more demos with different settings.

-1000 pips on USDJPY - a currency that traded pretty well on FXDD - just sucks.

Thanks for listening.

AZBOfin

leshammond:
Would appreciate seeing the rest of the Report that comprises $1431 or PIPs. It appears you started with a 50K Demo Acct & now the balance is 51,431 so the Report I see posted seems to be incomplete. Question: Since the Report shown has a dead loss of $657 on the GBPUSD, why not eliminate it from trading? Thanks, Les leshammondpsf@yahoo.com

I think we can not eliminate GBPUSD only because it have a bad result for one week.I think we should forward test it at least two months.If it still has a bad result,we would change setting to make it work better.

Let's go for home work of the week

1 Timeframe: 15min

2 Broker: FXDD

3 Settings file: Defaults

4 Account: Demo

5 Version: 5.7.0 full auto

6 Phoenix mode: 3

7 Cur : USD/JPY, GB/USD, EUR/JPY, USD CHF

Comments: worried... Al least results nearly par... but USD/JPY sucks !

Thought (huuum!) : news are... news and... impredictible...

We will never, never, never "catch" the right move at 99%. And more : the consequences at 1, 2, 3 days... as we saw...

Why ? Coz "Market" decide... And you, me, Phoenix, whatever, can do nothing against "Market"...

And even Phoenix have NOT a direct connection with "big guys" who drive market where they want...

Settings ? Ah ! Ah ! Ah ! YES and NO...

Settings are.. settings even you can adjust them in fine tuning... I agree to have better settings... but against "Market" (news+ politic+fundamental + irrationnal ! They call that "Trend"!), settings will can do NOTHING. My 2c...

I had some private talk with AZBO (in bad mood this week !) and both agree that we wanted for Phoenix a 70 % success (right now around 60 %).

Only 70 %... after : we will spend light/years to find holy grail... Perhaps never...

Then we will see next week, hoping that our P570 (P6 ?) will do better than this week... Thats all...

For now let's go windsurfing...

(Autumn : I told you that GB/JPY is bad, US/GB much more better. if you want to test something on the last 3 mounth where AZBO and me have all statements. See you.)

wujun122:
Three weeks,02/18/2007--03/09/2007,I didn't open 24 hours.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY

#8 Results : 1431 pips! Floating: -140

Can someone please HELP!

I am trying to understand what I am supposed to do with this .rar file and I an not a programmer, but I am learning and studying. I opened it and I see all the currency’s. I then changed the files from a .set to .txt and I see all the settings. I just don't know what to do with them. The code does not match line for line as for what I know or understand. I have Ver 5.7.2a

Wujun or Anyone else,

If you could share the mq4 file for each currency that would probably be the easiest way (not for me, but for someone else not to have to explain this thing) or explain how to make the changes or link me to a post on how to make the changes. I would be eternally grateful.

Daylight Savings -6

Help

Pcontour:
A .RAR is a zip file. extract and put those .set files into C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\tester. Those files will work with Ver 5.7.2a.

The strategy tester must be open, maybe it is. Press and hold ctrl and press r once. If it went away press ctrl+r again.

Now click Expert properties choose the Inputstab, click Load, go find one of the files, you put into directory C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\tester

Thank you for your help I will try that.

wujun122:
I think we can not eliminate GBPUSD only because it have a bad result for one week.I think we should forward test it at least two months.If it still has a bad result,we would change setting to make it work better.

Hi Wujun

On 14 weeks, GB is the best pair with +2624 pips

5 loosing weeks on 14.

This week I had a postive result of 590 pips

Keep cable on... My 2c

(going to crash down is : USD JPY ! )

See you

Time...

wujun122:
Three weeks,02/18/2007--03/09/2007,I didn't open 24 hours.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY

#8 Results : 1431 pips! Floating: -140

What does "I didn't open 24 hours" mean? Are the trades being limited and it will only initiate a trade during cretin times of the day?

Frank Forex:
What does "I didn't open 24 hours" mean? Are the trades being limited and it will only initiate a trade during cretin times of the day?

It means that I shuted down PC when I went to sleep.I usually open PC at 10:00 am EST,I am in New York,and shut down at 2 am.

Reason: