RSX Swinger - page 13

Hey, Thanks for V.3...

Just to clarify.... for defaults: TS Trigger 15 and TS Sensitivity 5

Does it mean that only after a 15 pip profit is reached a 5 pip TS will kick in?

Keep up the good work!!

You're welcome...

TS Trigger 15 and TS Sensitivity 5 means after 15 pips profit, trailing stop will kick in. TS Sensitivity is a parameter to reduce the frequency of SL modification, because MetaTrader doesn't like any expert that updates SL every 1 pip move. 3-5 pips sensitivity (or step) is good for the platform.

Thanks Scorpion,

Soooo, how do I set the TS let's say to 10 pips after my 15 pip profit trigger? MT4 minimum I think is 15 pip.

Thanks again!

Juher

Thanks for all your hard work it looks really good

do we need the indicator running for this to work?

and if so where can I find it?

I looked in the prevoius post but no luck

I am testing this on a demo account now will post results at end of day if I have time. I am looking for a way to remove the whipsaws also

Good Luck to us ALL!!

mebj51:
Thanks for all your hard work it looks really good do we need the indicator running for this to work? and if so where can I find it? I looked in the prevoius post but no luck I am testing this on a demo account now will post results at end of day if I have time. I am looking for a way to remove the whipsaws also Good Luck to us ALL!!

Look at the first page, it has all the indicators on the first post

Scorpion, thanks alot for what you do. I really appreciate it. I will test the RSX Swinger EA but I am unsure what time frame and settings are optimal. In a prior post you said "Too bad I cannot use mt4 strategy tester to generate PL/time stats." My question is if mt4 strategy tester is unreliable how difficult would it be to create one and what is required? That is a project I would like to work on. Thanks again and may we all prosper in the new year.

RSX Swinger should have earned 200 pips on 3rd Jan, as RSX crossed up 51. I don't really know why there was no trade.

scorpion:
RSX Swinger should have earned 200 pips on 3rd Jan, as RSX crossed up 51. I don't really know why there was no trade.

I have been running both the point system and the bar system. Yesterday the point system initiated a few trades and then quit. The signals are there but the trade just doesn't happen. The bar system has not initiated a single trade for me since I started it yesterday.

Do you have any idea yet what is going on?

Dan

aardvark, yesterday the rsx swinger v3 open a few +15-pips trades for me. Maybe you run v1.3 or you have different settings?

scorpion:
aardvark, yesterday the rsx swinger v3 open a few +15-pips trades for me. Maybe you run v1.3 or you have different settings?

They were both v3. The V3 point version did open a few trades and did pretty well. The V3 bar version did not open any trades for me. I used the default settings except for the alarm which I set to positive.

Were the trades opened for you from the bar version or the point version?

BTW, I have been using the 1.3 version live for about 3 weeks. I use it with manual confirmation required. Unfortunately I made the wrong decision on Tuesday and did not let it trade when everything went through the roof! Mostly it is holding it's own. I have the settings at 30 for tp and sl both. For several days it produced 60 pips a day. Then the pair consolidated and it lost several in a row. I think it is a good strategy. I use the Fisher_Yur4ik indicator for additional confirmation.

Reason: