Firebird v63G - page 36

Is today the day?

Is today the day we see the phoenix rise from the ashes?

I have been referred to this EA when I asked for something that works well in nontrending conditions. I have spent some time now and read the whole thread from the beginning. I observe this...

A few people have said that it's too dangerous. I would ask these people if they know anything in trading that isn't potentially dangerous? Seems to me that danger or the possibility of loss is everpresent in every system and every trade. So the logical conclusion is to access where the danger is and shun it.

To this end the relevant issues are detection of danger zones and appropriate shut off measures to avoid them as well as how to deal with damage control for already open orders when danger conditions happen. That it seems to me is the better focus of time and energy in responding appropriately to danger rather than running from it. Danger will always be present but it need not be a barrier it can be a stepping stone.

I appluad the development efforts on this thread.

A word about back and forward testing....

The aim of any testing as near as I can tell is to determine how something performs in a variety of conditions. The duration of the test is only relevant in that it exposes the EA to different conditions.

I've seen the market basically trend from 2006.04.16 to 2006.06.05 more specifically from 2006.04.28 to 2006.05.17. (GBP/USD) While the goal of development is to get the firebird/phoenix to stay out of danger during trending why not backtest it on history of known trending markets?

Intentionally pick the worst trending conditions you can and use that to learn what danger and damage control measures work best in the worst conditions. Start posting those statements and settings and sharing how to keep it from blowing up the account in the worst cases.

As far as methods go for controlling that trend detection. I'm still looking at divergence, I don't know alot about it but I know stochastics can give a false signal when trending starts.... I come to this thread from having focused mostly on moving average EA's. If there were a way to detect how close two moving averages are to each other and for how long and when they diverge that could be one way of detecting the start of trends. Maybe that's all divergence is but I've seen some systems look at macd's and stochastics and cci for divergences too. I know divergences can be very accurate indications if you set them up with the right tools.

I'm also open to the bear and bull powers balancing even though I know less about that than I know about divergences. The only thing that will defeat discovery is contempt prior to investigation. Try them both!

What I would like most is to see this EA enabled to step aside and be still when trending starts. However that is accomplished that seems to be the best return on development effort for this right now.

Since I have been focused more on what works well in trending markets I would love to see this merged with what I've been doing. That could allow this to do what it does best and work the nontrending conditions and another set of logics focus on making the most of the trending conditions that this needs to avoid. Personally I see making the most of flat market conditions as more involved than making the most of trending market conditions. If that is what firebird and phoenix is doing than it's a really valuable contribution to a profitable automated trading system.

let the phoenix rise!

We are waiting

it doesn't have to be perfect as far as I'm concerned it's always a work in progress...I'd just like to get my hands on it and see what I can add. I'm not really an accomplished coder I'm just learning. But I'd like to see what I can do with this. Can I get the most current version posted?

Be patient

I think it's better to wait a few days, until hendrick has completed his first phase of development on his phoenix EA. Forex will always be there tomorrow & the next day. As a programmer I know what it's like to post EA's early where there's a lack foundation, only to have people makeing changes ASAP & before you know it there 4 or 5 versions released that don't work.

Lets be patient until hendrick feels ready that the first phase is ready to share before we voice our opinions on the EA.

I'm also interested to see this as this may spawn further systems for trending markets by applying the opposite rules & ideas that we can all input on. we share one common goal. make money of forex

Jorgka

May the heavens shower pips on us all

Hendrick has posted the best times of the day to activate the Firebird.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174234

Look at the PDF file attachment.

mehran:
Thank you smalltalk Which times of day do you active the expert?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174234

We wait the new version with impatience

Hendrick:
Hi guys,

I need only a couple of days before launching Phoenix_v1. It has a lot of nice features, but I want to be certain that they all work as planned.

Features:

- SafeArea: only place trades during a ranging market

- SafePipDistance: another technique to protect you against a volatile market.

- Gamble (thanks MarvinSK): there are certain times during the day that all trades are winners. For me (GMT+2) it's from 16-17. With the Gamble function you can increase your Lots during these times.

- Surfing: When it's not safe to place trades with Phoenix (counter trend), Phoenix becomes a trend follower. Pick up the wave and let's start surfing!

- Money Management: working and a must!

- Trailing Stop: Is working

- Divergence: use it if you want (I don't like it)

- Valid Trade Times: If you want Phoenix to place trades only during certain times, you can set four times a day.

- Micro account: Is working

- CloseReverse: close trades when the signal changes

Can we beat the big guys in Forex with Phoenix? I think we can.

Hi Hendrick... This feature set looks good...

Can you think about this additional feature maybe for version 2...

I am thinking about an additional feature to money management for those of us that are interested in what i call "Profit Locking"

1. Profit Locking will allow the user to turn it ON or OFF from an input setting.

2. Profit Locking will have a value setting which will respresent a percentage.

Now here is how Profit Locking will work.

If Profit Locking is "ON" and user has specifiied a value setting of "2"

Then if Account Balance or Equity increases by 2% disable trading for the rest of the day... Profits are locked

Obviously there will have to be some time/day checking mechanism to ensure Profit Locking is done based on Daily values of Account Balance and Time

Just an idea

jorgka:
I think it's better to wait a few days, until hendrick has completed his first phase of development on his phoenix EA. Forex will always be there tomorrow & the next day. As a programmer I know what it's like to post EA's early where there's a lack foundation, only to have people makeing changes ASAP & before you know it there 4 or 5 versions released that don't work.

Lets be patient until hendrick feels ready that the first phase is ready to share before we voice our opinions on the EA.

I'm also interested to see this as this may spawn further systems for trending markets by applying the opposite rules & ideas that we can all input on. we share one common goal. make money of forex

Jorgka

May the heavens shower pips on us all

Patience AND persistence

I ran some backtests on this and find this thing overwhelming with all the settings I don't understand what it's doing...The balance/equity line it generated didn't look a whole lot different than the lines I've been seeing with the trending EA I've been working on. at least that is to say if I'm not mistaken that it rose and fell with the market making profits and taking losses at respectively the same times that the trending EA did.

There has to be some way to merge the best of trending with the best of ranging strategies.

I welcome input on my trending studies as well as hope someone can help me understand the logics of this EA.

Phoenix is available

Hi Guys!!

I've just opened a new thread for Phoenix. Go and get it! I hope to see you all back in this new thread. I really need your support! See you at Phoenix!

live account....

Hi,

i would like to now who use FireBird in live account???

tks

XneoenX

Reason: