Regression Analysis

New polynomial tools were developed:

- PolyFitMA (attached).

- PolyFitBands (attached); template. PolyFitBands_v1.1 (updated version with new options: shift in bars and alert when price crosses Upper or Lower bands).

- ang_PR (Din)-v2+SQStdN: this post.

- PolyVelocity indicator: this post.

- PolyFitVelocity indicator: this post.

- PolyFitAcceleration (2nd derivative of polynomial): this post.

- PolyFitDetrend indicator: this post.

- PolyFitR-squared indicator is on this post.

- PolyFitVolty indicator is on this post.

- PolyFitOscillator is on this post.

Jan Arps has also "Actual" versions: look at this page to know which settings in indicators to use for this options.

These inicators are similar to Jan Arps' Traders' Toolbox Online Store

(one of most expensive tools of Jan Arps).

Files:

newdigital:
Igorad developed 2 new polynomial tools:

-PolyFitMA

-PolyFitBands

These inicators are similar to Jan Arps' Traders' Toolbox Online Store

(one of most expensive tools of Jan Arps).

Good looking indicators there, nd. I will be posting on the Elite section, later on a couple of the regression indicators I have on NT and hopefully, Igorad can convert them into MT4.

I will be evaluating this regression analysis and keep you posted. Thanks.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Very interesting, I have been working with the TrendMeLeaveME EA using regression analysis channels. So far results have been mediocre but there are two principles that I firmly believe in that might be profitable.

Obviously the breakout of a channel / but also the property of "regression to the mean" basically when price will come back to the mean of the channel.

Will this indicator work with TrendMeLeaveME EA?

newdigital or Igorad,

Am I missing something on this? I had the two indicators attached to the chart posted but I am only getting 3 lines. Is there any particular setting you have, if so what are they? I also would like to post first a screenshot of those 2 regression indicators I was referring to in my earlier post. Would this be the proper thread or should I do it on Elite Indicators thread? Thanks.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

It seems that you have to attch 3 indies with sigma value to 1, 2 and 3 respectively. Than you attach the other indi with the same settings (no sigma value but degre) it's a standard dev.

If you wish receive 3 channels then you should attach 3 PolyFitBands with different K_Sigma = 1,2,3 and with CenterMode = 1 for one of them.

Please look at attached screenshot - it's so-called "moving" mode (or end point of regression line) with FitMode=1.

fxcruiser:
newdigital or Igorad,

Am I missing something on this? I had the two indicators attached to the chart posted but I am only getting 3 lines. Is there any particular setting you have, if so what are they? I also would like to post first a screenshot of those 2 regression indicators I was referring to in my earlier post. Would this be the proper thread or should I do it on Elite Indicators thread? Thanks.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser
Files:
polyfit_v2.gif  14 kb

Flytox:
It seems that you have to attch 3 indies with sigma value to 1, 2 and 3 respectively. Than you attach the other indi with the same settings (no sigma value but degre) it's a standard dev.

Thanks Flytox. That works. I will continue reading on that Jan Arps' link.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

igorad:
If you wish receive 3 channels then you should attach 3 PolyFitBands with different K_Sigma = 1,2,3 and with CenterMode = 1 for one of them. Please look at attached screenshot - it's so-called "moving" mode (or end point of regression line) with FitMode=1.

Thanks, Igorad. That looks very nice. While you're here, please take a look at this screenshot of the Standard Error Band and the Linear Regression Angle. These are the 2 indicators I was referring to. I have the NT codes on these and will post later on. Again, if this is out of place [thread wise], I will edit remove.

fxcruiser

Files:

LinRegAngle is well-known indicator. Also it have name - Regression Velocity.

But I think Velocity for 2nd order polynomial is better.

Try to compare Standard Error Band with PolyFitBands with Degree=1, K_Sigma=1 and FitMode=1.

fxcruiser:
Thanks, Igorad. That looks very nice. While you're here, please take a look at this screenshot of the Standard Error Band and the Linear Regression Angle. These are the 2 indicators I was referring to. I have the NT codes on these and will post later on. Again, if this out of place [thread wise], I will edit remove. fxcruiser
Files:
polyfit_v3.gif  16 kb

PolyFitBands_v1 indicator was updated on the first post: small bug was fixed.

igorad:
LinRegAngle is well-known indicator. Also it have name - Regression Velocity.

But I think Velocity for 2nd order polynomial is better.

Try to compare Standard Error Band with PolyFitBands with Degree=1, K_Sigma=1 and FitMode=1.

The PolyFitBands, although I may not have it done quite right yet, indeed seems to give much better visual break as shown on this ER2 m1 chart on MT4 than the Standard Error Band on Ninja Trader, on real time data feed. I have searched for Velocity indicator here but not sure exactly if have found the right one. Would you mind posting them here and preferably with a template on the proper settings you recommend for all these regression analysis indicator?

I would like to see how I can incorporate this with my existing method or build a new one possibly purely based on regression analysis. I was encouraged to look into linear regression after reading some articles by Doug Turner and now with your new regression analysis indicators.

Thanks again, Igorad and newdigital

fxcruiser

Reason: