Elite indicators :) - page 946

timmyhanke:
Hello again ! I just have some questions about this indicator this time , it looks nice because you can change the settings to have all different kind of results so i have some questions to see if the settings makes the alert go of at the right time or not.

i saw that there is 2 options to filter trade first

Filter and price ma period, i understand that the filter option dosnt delay the alert if the indicator changes colour but what about the price ma period ? pecause when you change the price in other indicators it makes the indicator a few bar back like if you use shift .

and the alert has 2 options aswell , alert on slope or alert on cross , is the alert on cross when it changes colour and the slope just the direction ?

Thanks !

ama_stl_color_2.02_mtf_amp_alerts_nmc.mq4

timmyhanke

Filter is something similar to what step ma does : if the change in values exceeds the filter value (in % of the change of the slowma last bars) then the new value is placed. Otherwise the previous value is kept as a current value

With AMA ma period is a bit different : you give it a slow and fast period, and then ama, depending on the efficiency ratio calculates what period to use that is fast ma period < period to use < slow ma period

So with fast ma and slow ma period you control the shortest and longest period it can use : the bigger the slow ma period, the "slower" will the ama slowest period be, and the same for fast ma period (but in that case it will be "faster")

As of alerts : slope is a simple change of AMA slope (up or down). Cross is a kind of a signal : if close price crosses the value of the indicator it will alert

Hi guys !

Hope you're doing good !

I have a request for Mladen or Mrtools ... I need please to add alert to this indicator.

EMA fast (13) slow (48) Cross RSI (14).

Thanks a lot. Take care

Jaspersky:
Hi guys !

Hope you're doing good !

I have a request for Mladen or Mrtools ... I need please to add alert to this indicator.

EMA fast (13) slow (48) Cross RSI (14).

Thanks a lot. Take care

Jaspersky

That indicator is using future values in calculation (future values of averages as well as future values of rsi). Better not to use it for any kind of alerts or signals

New version of QQE histo (optimized, shorter code, new options added, adjusted for new possibilities of mt4) : qqe_histo_-_alerts_amp_mtf_2.mq4

Malden why future values aren't good ?

Jaspersky:
Malden why future values aren't good ?

Jaspersky

Using future values is probably the No.1 reason for repainting indicators. There are more reasons (like calculating from future to past when global scope variables are used in calculation - which that indicator has too) but that is the main reason

Here is one comparison - this is what the indicator shows when you run it :

and this is what you will get when you refresh it :

It will look great in the hindsight (as an repainting indicator) but in run-time they are very dangerous, and should not be used in any kind of signaling mode since they are going the change signals all the time

Files:

wooooo !! okay I see ! Indeed they are very dangerous ! Thanks for the clarificcation. Much appreciated ! have a good one Mladen

Malden what about this one ? Thanks.

Does it repaint ?

Files:

Jaspersky:
Malden what about this one ? Thanks. Does it repaint ?

Jaspersky

Yes, it does

Upgraded MultiPass SSL fast 2 (the usual code shortening and different way of handling alerts - it avoids possible problems on monthly chart alerts) : multipass_ssl_fast_2.mq4

Files:
Reason: