Elite indicators :) - page 653

SAugustine:
Good morning Mladen

Thanks for this tool. I'm using the "28 setting" as supplied and I have set up customised cross-over lines for majors/yen, commodities and exotics/minors which serve as quite handy confirmations to my Hull 2.0 line-break strategy.

Could you now please apply a smoother to this indicator?

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

It is already smoothing it (using T3). Do you want the T3 to be replaced with some other kind of smoothing?

mladen:
Sylvester It is already smoothing it (using T3). Do you want the T3 to be replaced with some other kind of smoothing?

Hi Mladen

I'm happy with the indicator and it's signalling is fine despite the Momentum line being drawn "a little bit rugged". I just thought that maybe you would have a trick up your sleeve to depict the line a touch smoother (you know us Engineers always chasing after Eutopia). I will leave it to you to mull over but do please enjoy your holiday as this request is not urgent at all to me.

Best regards

Sylvester

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

I'm happy with the indicator and it's signalling is fine despite the Momentum line being drawn "a little bit rugged". I just thought that maybe you would have a trick up your sleeve to depict the line a touch smoother (you know us Engineers always chasing after Eutopia). I will leave it to you to mull over but do please enjoy your holiday as this request is not urgent at all to me.

Best regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

Maybe we can change the smoothing type (using something else instead of T3) but that is not likely to improve. More probably it would be better to use smoother momentum (velocity indicator for example) in order to get smoother results. Will get back on this issue when I have some results

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

Best regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

As an idea : try using this one (you will have to adjust the levels since the values are different). This one uses velocity instead of momentum

mladen:
Sylvester As an idea : try using this one (you will have to adjust the levels since the values are different). This one uses velocity instead of momentum

Thanks Mladen

I'll fiddle & tweak and report back later.

Regards, Sylvester

mladen:
Sylvester As an idea : try using this one (you will have to adjust the levels since the values are different). This one uses velocity instead of momentum

Hi Mladen

I checked it out "side-by-side" with the T3-Mom and to get at the very least the same signal verticals the T3-Vel boils down to pretty much the same shape. It's then that I recalled from my Engineering studies that Momentum anyway is a function of Velocity and I would assume that there would be a similarity in its Fx application.

Thanks all the same. I really appreciate your interest & commitment to help us to get to "Utopia" with our trading tools.

Regards, Sylvester

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

I checked it out "side-by-side" with the T3-Mom and to get at the very least the same signal verticals the T3-Vel boils down to pretty much the same shape. It's then that I recalled from my Engineering studies that Momentum anyway is a function of Velocity and I would assume that there would be a similarity in its Fx application.

Thanks all the same. I really appreciate your interest & commitment to help us to get to "Utopia" with our trading tools.

Regards, Sylvester

Sylvester

In this case velocity is simply a smoother momentum. It was just a thought how a smoother value of a "burst" could be produced

Hi Mladen, trying to find this indicator in MTF.

AMA STL Color - averages.mq4

mladen:
This is the indicator from this post : https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page347#comment_716094 (as it turned out, averaging adds to the speed of the indicator itself) extended with our usual set of 20 averaging types that can be applied to price filtering/averaging

Walter Fordham:
Hi Mladen, trying to find this indicator in MTF. AMA STL Color - averages.mq4

Hi Walter Fordham,

Added the mtf.

mrtools:
Good morning Sylvester, Made the Horizontal histo version.

Hello mrtools,

what is the buy/sell codes for those green and red dots?

Regards,

Paul

Reason: