Elite indicators :) - page 658

ValeoFX:
Yes, it uses the string ThisName = "CCI_WIN5D"; I thought that by changing that into something representing DTosc, it may work so I will get to work on it tonight. Appreciate your assistance, Mladen. Thanks.

ValeoFX

Let me know what did you do, but I think that the indicator needs a major rewrite to enable some other indicator using the same label names and positions being shown on the same chart

ValeoFX:
MrTools, plse be so kind and have vertical-lines replace the arrows for me?

It is precisely what I wanted to see and just need this trimming with the option to choose between arrows or lines plse.

Much appreciate it.

Regards,

ValeoFX, added the line option and the levels now can be changed as required but by default upperLevel = 65 and lowerLevel = 35.

mrtools:
ValeoFX, added the line option and the levels now can be changed as required but by default upperLevel = 65 and lowerLevel = 35.

Good morning MrTools,

Much, much appreciated. Thank you for keeping the default option.

Continued success to you.

Best regards,

mladen:
ValeoFX Let me know what did you do, but I think that the indicator needs a major rewrite to enable some other indicator using the same label names and positions being shown on the same chart

Hello Mladen,

Here is what I manage to do with a bit of commonsense, but the disadvantage is that the caption on top of the DTosc-cluster disappears when I run it together with the CCi-5 - cluster. Could you possibly help me get that right? It is no trainsmash if it cannot be done though.

To everyone else interested in what I have created, be patient and wait for Mladen's approval first. I have to load the "driver"-DTosc as well otherwise you won't see anything.

Thanking you for your time and expertise.

Always much appreciated.

ValeoFX:
Hello Mladen,

Here is what I manage to do with a bit of commonsense, but the disadvantage is that the caption on top of the DTosc-cluster disappears when I run it together with the CCi-5 - cluster. Could you possibly help me get that right? It is no trainsmash if it cannot be done though.

To everyone else interested in what I have created, be patient and wait for Mladen's approval first. I have to load the "driver"-DTosc as well otherwise you won't see anything.

Thanking you for your time and expertise.

Always much appreciated.

ValeoFX

Try out this version

mladen:
ValeoFX Try out this version

Thanks so much Mladen. Appreciate your help.

In fact, it is smashing! Great!

Volty Channel Stop on Jurik modification

Hello Mladen,

Can you please modify the attached Volty Channel Stop on Jurik indicator so that the indicator has an option to work like parabolic sar, which means it changes directions even when the wicks of the price bar touches the channel dots.

Adding to the inputs menu something like hilo mode.

0 - default (the indi changes direction only when the body of the price bar touches the dots)

1 - new mode (the indi changes direction even when the wick of the price bar touchesthe channel dots)

Thank you very much..

mandagozu81:
Hello Mladen,

Can you please modify the attached Volty Channel Stop on Jurik indicator so that the indicator has an option to work like parabolic sar, which means it changes directions even when the wicks of the price bar touches the channel dots.

Adding to the inputs menu something like hilo mode.

0 - default (the indi changes direction only when the body of the price bar touches the dots)

1 - new mode (the indi changes direction even when the wick of the price bar touchesthe channel dots)

Thank you very much..

mandagozu81

Volty channel stop can not be modified to work as you described. The math used for volty channel stop calculation is completely different. Changing it to take into account body or wicks touches does not conform to anything calculated within volty channel stop

Thank you for the information on Volty Channel Stop. Can i have it on the attached atr stops indicator then please? So the indicator simply changes direction when any part of the price bar touches the atr line.

mladen:
mandagozu81 Volty channel stop can not be modified to work as you described. The math used for volty channel stop calculation is completely different. Changing it to take into account body or wicks touches does not conform to anything calculated within volty channel stop
Files:

mandagozu81:
Thank you for the information on Volty Channel Stop. Can i have it on the attached atr stops indicator then please? So the indicator simply changes direction when any part of the price bar touches the atr line.

mandagozu81

:):)

This is the main calculation part of atr stops indicator :

for (int i = Length-1;i>=0;i--)

{

smin[shift] = MathMax( smin[shift], High[shift+i] - Kv*iATR(NULL,0,ATRperiod,shift+i));

smax[shift] = MathMin( smax[shift], Low[shift+i] + Kv*iATR(NULL,0,ATRperiod,shift+i));

}[/PHP]

and this is the main calculation part of volty channel stops :

[PHP]smin = sprice - Kv * iATR(NULL,0,AtrLength,i);

smax = bprice + Kv * iATR(NULL,0,AtrLength,i);

As you can see they are not so different after all, and what applies to volty channel applies to atr stops too (atr stops is the origin of all those kind of indicators and it was invented some 30-40 years ago (not sure by whom, but they are in usage for a long, long time). So, a whole family of indicators are just a variation of the atr sops indicator (chandelier exits, volty channel stops, bb stops, price channel stop ...) All are descendants of atr stops

Reason: