Elite indicators :) - page 599

ValeoFX:
Mladen, may I please pick your fruitfull brain for a moment regarding the CCI.

Is it possible to create an ema-hi/lo version? In other words similar to the Trend Envelope, but only in CCI-format?

If you want to see a picture, I will upload you one where I have made an ema version of the regular CCI, but I am sure you get my drift.

Thanks in advance.

ValeoFX

Please upload the picture in order to avoid any misunderstanding

mladen:
ValeoFX Please upload the picture in order to avoid any misunderstanding

================================

Attached the Tr.Env.-12-ema in dotted Yellow. The Magenta is 12-ema.

At the bottom is the 12-ema-CCI.

I want to see if one could use the Tr.Env. settings on the CCI in order to prevent "false" signals an example being 03h35 Vertical line (GMT) where the price were contained by the Tr.Env. but not by the 12-ema nor the CCi.

Hope this meets with your approval.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

Files:
ema-cci-12.png  47 kb

ValeoFX:
================================

Attached the Tr.Env.-12-ema in dotted Yellow. The Magenta is 12-ema.

At the bottom is the 12-ema-CCI.

I want to see if one could use the Tr.Env. settings on the CCI in order to prevent "false" signals an example being 03h35 Vertical line (GMT) where the price were contained by the Tr.Env. but not by the 12-ema nor the CCi.

Hope this meets with your approval.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

ValeoFX

If you mean is it possible to use high/low prices in CCI calculation, the answer is no. CCI calculation can not use one price in one moment and another in another moment.

I hope I understood your question correctly since the last post have mixed me up completely as of what is your exact idea

Hello Mladen,

Thank you for your reply - that is what my commonsense told me, but I thought it would be better confirmed by the expert himself.

Many thanks and wishing you a pleasant weekend.

Hi Mladen

Ahaaa ...... Ok now I understand. Could you then create a bar histogram that depicts green and red for the crosses of the limits and including the area beyond the limits The balance of the bars in the histogram could be grey because anyway it would be a "no-go grey area" to trade (high risk non-confimation zone).

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

ValeoFX, can you post your ema-cci indicator?

Ish

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

Ahaaa ...... Ok now I understand. Could you then create a bar histogram that depicts green and red for the crosses of the limits and including the area beyond the limits The balance of the bars in the histogram could be grey because anyway it would be a "no-go grey area" to trade (high risk non-confimation zone).

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

Here you go

Heiken ashi super smoother

Heiken ashi smoothed but used super smoother for smoothing it

Even with default length 40 for smoothing the lag is not bad at all

Hi Mladen

Thank you. I thought that I would see a high degree of correlation between this and the CCI histo (to use as a dual confirmation for entry) but I was wrong.

Thanks for giving it a shot for me.

Regards

Sylvester

mladen:
Heiken ashi smoothed but used super smoother for smoothing it Even with default length 40 for smoothing the lag is not bad at all

Me again

Can it be made multi time frame with alerts?

have a nice weekend

Reason: