Elite indicators :) - page 512

Sometimes I ask myself what would I do if I was as good in math as Stephen Wolfram

And then I think : the same thing he is doing. He has a world of his own, we (the traders) are a world for its own and I have a feeling that we are moving somewhere (somewhere being a "non-blind-street direction"). Will see if it is true, but compared to what I knew only a couple of years ago, as if I am on a different planet altogether

ismael360:
Yeah I know, but you see this just shows you the potential of what is possible.

You never know, some young up and comming mql programmer one day might see something like this and say, "You know what this here gives me an idea."

I can't wait to see where this indicator or indicators like this will be in a year or two from now.

Ish

Fibonacci vortex indicator?

Hi mladen it is possible to create a Fibonacci vortex indicator how show here?

If there is the possibility i can give you the formula etc etc.

Thx

I like it on 4hr but it does do a few odd things occasionally (i.e finding yourself against the trend)....but if you're timing your entries well on 1hr using a secondary indicator with good MM I think that's fairly solid.

Files:
eurusd_1.gif  32 kb

Chandes DMI + ...

It was so long ago Was going through the posts and noticed this one : it is adaptive. And since it is using rsi in calculation decided to see what will happen if rsi gets replaced with rsx. Here is the result : it is smoother (which was to expect it since rsx is smoother than rsi) and that way some false signals are filtered out. So we have one more adaptive indicator here a bit improved

Some embellishments added as well as closeable levels (for levels crossing color changes)

Linuxser:
Chande Dynamic Momentum Index from the book The New Technical Trader developed by Igorad.
Files:

dasio

As normal indicator it can not be done in metatrader. It would need to be done as objects (each little segment would need to be drawn as a trend line) and even with objects there would be some limitations because metatrader really tends to get sluggish when there are a lot of object on one chart so even if it was made in that manner I do not think it would be efficient.

The main problem with metatrader is that we can not create custom objects (the vortex is a double spiral as far as I see, and it would be by far most efficient to make it in some lower level coding language (C for example). Mql is not known for its speed).

dasio:
Hi mladen it is possible to create a Fibonacci vortex indicator how show here?

If there is the possibility i can give you the formula etc etc.

Thx

For Mladen "Onchart" version ???

mladen:
It was so long ago

Was going through the posts and noticed this one : it is adaptive. And since it is using rsi in calculation decided to see what will happen if rsi gets replaced with rsx. Here is the result : it is smoother (which was to expect it since rsx is smoother than rsi) and that way some false signals are filtered out. So we have one more adaptive indicator here a bit improved

Some embellishments added as well as closeable levels (for levels crossing color changes)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Mladen,

Can you build the onchart version of this indicator with color ??

Thanks a lot Mladen

Bixwin.

Mladen,

would you recommend 'stop&reverse' trading with 'high-low activator'?

did anybody test it on smaller timeframes (1M - 15M) to see the results for various values of Lb?

perhaps, modifications of money management may help to increase profit?

wojtek.paul

It is an interesting idea and I think that it might work, but, since it is a new indicator, I really need some time to test all the possible uses and combinations of it. As of lower time frames : personally I am a kind of an "intra-day" day trader (I really almost never open more than one position a day) so that is a reason why I use 1 hour most of the time, so, frankly, did not check as much other time frames and settings of it

wojtek.paul:
Mladen,

would you recommend 'stop&reverse' trading with 'high-low activator'?

did anybody test it on smaller timeframes (1M - 15M) to see the results for various values of Lb?

perhaps, modifications of money management may help to increase profit?

thank you for the reply!

maybe, 'stop&reverse' could be especially interesting to test some MM algorithms

(with quasi-martingale methods included)...

best regards for the rest of the weekend

Indicator change request

Mladen,

I think you can see more informations when indicator are plotted on chart windows.

i have send you a request from previous post to do this.

I have try to do it but no succes,but now i learn mql, if you can help me,i can see how you doing it.

You can test StdDevPeriod, and Period of smoothing no work, haveyou an idea for this ?

I think chandes_dmi.mq4 is a good indicator.

Thanks.

Bixwin

Files:
Reason: