Elite indicators :) - page 512

dasio
dasio  
mladen:
dasio

I am testing it right now as I saw your post and I can not find an error

At my PC it works OK, so I will have to wait for your picture and further explanation since it seems to be working OK on my PC

Thank you for your disponibility.

Attached there is an image capture from the chart.

I noted that it don't happen always.

Hope you can fix it.

Thank you

Files:
example.bmp 958 kb
example.jpg 65 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

dasio

Is the ArrowOnlast set to true?

I tested it in somewhat similar conditions, and this is what I get (so it works OK here)

Also, does your broker have Sunday data (the 1 hour or 2 they usually have)? Since that might cause problems on daily data

dasio:
Thank you for your disponibility.

Attached there is an image capture from the chart.

I noted that it don't happen always.

Hope you can fix it.

Thank you
Files:
mp_ssl.gif 27 kb
traderduke
traderduke  

mladen,

I'm trying to set up an if statement to assume GBPUSD 1.5566 plus .0011 = 1.5577

OLD- if (trend > 0 && Close[0] > (Close[1] && Close[1] > upper ) result = mode; //Long

OLD- if (trend < 0 && Close[0] < (Close[1] && Close[1] < lower ) result = -mode; //Short

NEW-if(trend > 0 && (Close[0] > (Close[1]+(.0011*Point*10))) && Close[1] > upper && Close[2] < upper) result = mode;

NEW-if(trend < 0 && (Close[0] < (Close[1]-(.0011*Point*10))) && Close[1] lower) result = -mode;

My goal is to not trigger the if statement until the Close[0] is .0011 pips above/below the Close[1].

It compiles OK but is this the best way to accomplish my goal???? My broker is a 5 digit!

Thank you for your help/MT4-lesson

Ray

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Ray

As far as I see all you have to do is to remove "Point*10" from multiplication (0.0011*Point*10 would be 0.0011*0.00001*10 in case of GBPUSD and that is not what you want)

traderduke:
mladen,

I'm trying to set up an if statement to assume GBPUSD 1.5566 plus .0011 = 1.5577

OLD- if (trend > 0 && Close[0] > (Close[1] && Close[1] > upper ) result = mode; //Long

OLD- if (trend < 0 && Close[0] < (Close[1] && Close[1] < lower ) result = -mode; //Short

NEW-if(trend > 0 && (Close[0] > (Close[1]+(.0011*Point*10))) && Close[1] > upper && Close[2] < upper) result = mode;

NEW-if(trend < 0 && (Close[0] < (Close[1]-(.0011*Point*10))) && Close[1] lower) result = -mode;

My goal is to not trigger the if statement until the Close[0] is .0011 pips above/below the Close[1].

It compiles OK but is this the best way to accomplish my goal???? My broker is a 5 digit!

Thank you for your help/MT4-lesson

Ray
airquest
airquest  

Still looking for the script to open separate charts from metatrader. Can't find anywhere...

traderduke
traderduke  

[

mladen,

Thanks!!

Ray

QUOTE=mladen;448082]Ray

As far as I see all you have to do is to remove "Point*10" from multiplication (0.0011*Point*10 would be 0.0011*0.00001*10 in case of GBPUSD and that is not what you want)

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

airquest

I haven't seen such either

airquest:
Still looking for the script to open separate charts from metatrader. Can't find anywhere...
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Ray

To use normal pip distance calculation, maybe the better would be something like this :

extern double pipDistance =11;

start()

{

double pipModifier=1; if (Digits==3 || Digits==5) pipModifier = 10;

double distanceToUse = pipDistance*Point*pipModifier;

}

That way it could be more "flexible" for usage

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

CCI prefiltered averages with floating levels

It seemed as a logical step to make a CCI pre-filtered averages with floating levels. It works as the rest of the floating levels indicators, so this one does not use "absolute levels" but uses percentages of the minimal maximal range for MinMaxPeriod bars as a criteria to find out levels

ps) updated version making it compatible with new mt4 builds posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

traderduke
traderduke  

mladen,

The Ea entries don't appear to be utilizing the

if (trend > 0 && (Close[0] > (Close[1]+ 0.0011)) && Close[0] > upper && Close[1] > upper && Close[2] < upper) result = mode;

if (trend < 0 && (Close[0] < (Close[1]- 0.0011)) && Close[0] < lower && Close[1] lower) result = -mode;

the 07:33 short entry is the exact reason I'm trying to use the 11 pip calculation to keep me out of the Fake trend. Should I be using a "MathAbs" or "MathMax" or some other Math (Close[0] > (Close[1]+ 0.0011))

Any suggestions would be welcomed

Thanks

Ray

mladen:
Ray As far as I see all you have to do is to remove "Point*10" from multiplication (0.0011*Point*10 would be 0.0011*0.00001*10 in case of GBPUSD and that is not what you want)