Elite indicators :) - page 420

I understand...

True, but no bands, TMA applied to the indicator ...

If you could put mtf, y divergence and would be very grateful.

rsx__ma__tma_abands.ex4rsx__ma__tma_abands.mq4

Thanks.

Mladen

thanks, ----a lot

mladen:
hazelj80

This is it. Added line at the middle of the previous bar. Time ofset is not apliable to this indicator since it works on strictly currentbar. Hence the line is drawn in the midpoint of the previous bar + LineExtend bars to the left

regards

Mladen

thank you for all your help!

Blessed Christmas

Dear Mladen,

Wishing you and your family a Blessed Christmas. Thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed on me in particular, but this community at large, over this last year. May you and your family anjoy the Blessings and Peace from God almighty.

Sincerely,

Directional momentum-volatility

This one is a result of fooling around with volatility and momentum.

What I was wandering what would I get if I try to make a kind of a directional momentum-volatility combination (mmentum is directional, but volatility is usually not). This is the result. Price smoothing is used to filter out too many signals when the momentum is ranging around 0 value (in which case we would get a lot of signals in the ranging period)

Calculation itself is very simple (to my surprise) but is seems that the result of that yet another very simple calculation is not bad and is usable in everyday trading. With very mild price pre-smoothing it seems to do quite well in filtering ranging signals. Values itself are not actually momentum but volatility over the desired period, but did not want to make the name of the indicator too complicated

momentum_-_directional.mq4

Files:

Directional momentum 2 ...

And this version too ...

In this one instead of using a classical momentum calculation I used a velocity (it can be found on this thread) which is already a smoothed momentum without lag. So instead of having price pre-smoothing in order to filter out nasty momentum "habit" of crossing the 0 line a lot of times in times of low volatility, velocity is used and smoothing lag is avoided. It gives signal much faster because of that and I think that this way it is a bit more useful

As a comparison : upper is the previous indicator (the one using classical momentum calculation with price pre smoothing) and lower is this one (using velocity for calculations). What is even more interesting is that even with price pre-smoothing set to 1 (no smoothing) in previous, this one gives signals faster (try it out, you'll see what I mean )

momentum_-_directional_2.mq4

Also, since it has one parameter less, it is much easier to optimize the indicator for "what you see" on chart. Here is a 15 period typical price example with this indicator

Files:

mladen

Could you add an an index with color & pairs

Thank you

Ray

PS Sorry, Please disregard, I got it.

Thanks

PSS: Its not me see the attached chart, both ccps are the same setup??

mladen:
taipan99

As far as that indicator is concerned, this one is the correct one. In the one you posted someone deleted the code for the symbols you are talking about. This one is the correct one regarding calculations and mtf handling. Added symbols prefix and suffix handling, so it can handle all the chosen symbols correctly

As far as the labels for buy and sell are concerned in it, it has an error (error in logic) which "overwrites" previous alerts (it is actually signaling the last symbol tested, not all the ones tested) It is impossible to write out all possible signals from by and sell in just 2 labels (there can be more than 2 signals in the same time) hence it is left out in this one

regards

Mladen
Files:

Parabolic Hull moving average ...

This is Hull moving average evolved a bit ...

By definition Hull moving average is equal to :

lwma(2*lwma(price, n/2) - lwma(price, n), sqrt(n))

where "lwma" is linear weighted moving average and "n" is the calculating period. In this indicator I decided to use the "generalized" linear weighted moving average (you can find it on this thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) instead of "simple" linear weighted moving average. That way Alan Hulls idea can be explored to the extremes (since parabolic weighted moving average allows almost any kind of speeding up or slowing down the calculation). The result with power parameter set to 2 and default length looks like this

Of power parameter : it can be used to control the "speed" of the indicator. In general the greater the power the faster the average and vice versa. Here is a comparison of 3 different Hull parabolic averages where only power parameter is different. Gray is with power set to 0 (which is equal to sma used in hull average calculation), green is with power parameter set to 1 (which is equivalent to linear weighted moving average - that is the default Hull moving average) and red is with power parameter set to 2. As it is obvious, the higher the power, the faster the indicator is. It is just a matter how "fast" you want it to be

PS: Power parameter does not have to be an integer

hull_parabolic.mq4

Files:
hulp_1.gif  23 kb
hulp_2.gif  23 kb

Hello all,

I'm requesting an indicator to alert in renko charts: just a simple audio alert whenever price retraces 5 pips from bar open

Example: I use 5 pip renko bars, so alerts would ring whenever:

1. renko bar is an up bar: alert when price < (open -5 pips)

2. renkoi bar is a down bar: alert when price > (open + 5 pips)

Here you go :0

Choos if you want current (default) or previous bar, what kind of alerts you wish and do you want the current price difference written out as a comment. It works on a simple close-open logic, so it should work on renko chart too if they honor the open and close prices logic. In parameters the price difference should be specified in pips (it can be fractional) The rest is up to the implementation of renko chart you are using (since they are not a standard metatrader feature and depend on the way how they are written)

simple_alerts_-_camisa.mq4
camisa:
Hello all,

I'm requesting an indicator to alert in renko charts: just a simple audio alert whenever price retraces 5 pips from bar open

Example: I use 5 pip renko bars, so alerts would ring whenever:

1. renko bar is an up bar: alert when price < (open -5 pips)

2. renkoi bar is a down bar: alert when price > (open + 5 pips)
Reason: