Elite indicators :) - page 388

Averages & confidence bands ...

This an exploration in the same direction as some of my previous posts, but a bit different ...

PS for the "perfectionists" that will examine the code too : inverse of normal CDF is an approximation (it is roughly a 4 decimal places approximation, which means that confidence levels of 99.9999% are calculated as it should. I felt that, due to the nature of this indicator, there is no need for more precise ways of calculating. In this case the main goal was the simplicity of the code

mladen

Can you make this indicator a Histogram. I've looked all over but non appear to be as good.

Thank you

Ray

mrtools:
This is using the confidence bands and the alerts and arrrows are when the rsi and signal line cross am not sure but trading the signals has been pretty good considering the recalculating nature of ssa.

Hello Mladen,

Do we need something else in order to see the indicator ?

Best regards

Rosalie

Rosalie

I believe that the question should be for mrTools, but nevertheless ...

Yes, you need the libssa.dll (you can download it from these 2 posts : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

regards

Mladen

rosalieone:
Hello Mladen,

Do we need something else in order to see the indicator ?

Best regards

Rosalie

mladen:
Rosalie

I believe that the question should be for mrTools, but nevertheless ...

Yes, you need the libssa.dll (you can download it from these 2 posts : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

regards

Mladen

Oups

Sorry MrTools

Thanks for the answer

mrtools:
This is using the confidence bands and the alerts and arrrows are when the rsi and signal line cross am not sure but trading the signals has been pretty good considering the recalculating nature of ssa.

1. do the arrows recalculate too?

2. indicator doesn't show up; what other files does it need?

mladen, all those interested,

I found a bug in the RSX TDI indicator, and fixed it.

Nothing really important, but if you want to use the RSX TDI in an EA, the old sequence of variables in the iCustom might cause trouble.

On regular use the differences will be minimal (but noticeable when showing divergences).

Hope some might find this helpful.

Cheers, San.

San

If you are referring to usage of "shortName" in iCustom() parameters instead of "divergenceUniqueID" it is not a bug. It is a "dirty trick" : I had to have some means of passing to target time frame 2 things : the divergenceUniqueID and a window name that it is called from (in order to draw lines in a right window). Hence the indicator is sending those 2 pieces of information in a short name (they are separated by ":", and in init section you will see how they get separated in order to have 2 values again (it is this piece of code that will activate itself when in mtf mode :
if (calculateValue)

{

int s = StringFind(divergenceUniqueID,":",0);

shortName = divergenceUniqueID;

divergenceUniqueID = StringSubstr(divergenceUniqueID,0,s);

return(0);

}

But you are also right : if the indicator is called from an EA (so not internally from itself) then that should be as you used it, or, better yet, when called from EA divergences should be disabled (that will be the fastest way)

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
mladen, all those interested,

I found a bug in the RSX TDI indicator, and fixed it.

Nothing really important, but if you want to use the RSX TDI in an EA, the old sequence of variables in the iCustom might cause trouble.

On regular use the differences will be minimal (but noticeable when showing divergences).

Hope some might find this helpful.

Cheers, San.

Stochastic & confidence bands ...

One more in the "confidence bands" series ...

PS: decided to set the default length to 30 since that is the minimal sample size recommended by more than one source dealing in samples and minimal sample sizes. It can be set to shorter periods but then you probably will need to seek for new parameters altogether

PPS: smoothing used for stochastic smoothing in this indicator is Jurik smoothing so there is no too much purpose in comparing it to "classical" stochastic : any smoothing in "classical" one will lag compared to this one

MrTools

ValeoFX:
Hi MrTools,

Just to let you know that the indicator is performing correctly.

Much appreciated.

================

MrTools, I am no longer so sure about the performance of this Divergence format. Please look at the attached picture and comment on it plse. This is the M15 TF on GMT timing.

Thanks in advance.

Reason: