Elite indicators :) - page 388

px9000
px9000  

ultra trend ea

can UT be made into an ea? once locked past the middle like the adx ea and maybe another counter trend version for it's overbought conditions?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

The above post reminded me of something completely else (but this indicator and the ultra trend look very smilar at first sight, except that they calculate the completely different way)

Ulcer index was originally meant to be used for something different than finding out the trend (the original calculation "... is a measure of the depth and duration of drawdowns in prices from earlier highs ...") but if we imagine that the calculation can be done in the opposite direction too (perfect in forex where a symbol can not have a 0 value - if it exists it must have some value) then we can get something like this :

I think that the attached indicator is self explanatory as of what does it show and how. Attaching the original document by Peter G. Martin that describes Ulcer Index (and its original usage) in detail too.

But also added one more option that calculates the "inverted" Ulcer Index : in the original Ulcer index, values for maximum and minimum are taken from the oldest data to the newest. Inverted turns that thing around : it is caculated from the most recent to the oldest. Even though it does not seem logical, there will be no repainting in that case and the results produced that way, as far as "trend" is concerned are far more interesting than the "regular" dual Ulcer Index calculation. Here is the same example from above but "inverted"

William Snyder
William Snyder  

This is adaptive day implus indicator, using the T3 adaptive code, on the pictures the top is the adaptive indicator, the picture below is the regular t3 smoothed version compared to this adaptive version, how the adaptive version seems to speed up close to changes in trend.

updated version here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Hercs
Hercs  

Deeply indebted to you both

ND and Mladen, thank you ever so much for your kind assistance. As you can see, everything has been restored to normal.

Much appreciate you.

Wishing you a successful week ahead.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Exploring averages (continued ) and rsi this time ...

Added a normalized value too that can be used as an early "warning" of a possible new trend establishing or a previous trend confirmation (the regular multi color rsi in that case looks like this :

So all in all, we now have 4 rsi types of 16 ma types.

updated version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

traderduke
traderduke  

Mrtools

is there any chance you could add a trend buffer to the Heikin Ashi??

Ray

PS; Mrtools I've been screwing around wih this trend for 2 days now AND I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK, THANKS

RAY

mrtools:
Adaptive T3 Heiken Ashi mtf and alerts and Adaptive T3 Vhf. Thanks Mladen for the help. On the picture its h4 heiken on h1 chart and about the vhf check out where the highest peaks are , and in case someone not aware Vhf is not a directional indicator, when it is going up market is trending.
William Snyder
William Snyder  
traderduke:
Mrtools

is there any chance you could add a trend buffer to the Heikin Ashi??

Ray

PS; Mrtools I've been screwing around wih this trend for 2 days now AND I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK, THANKS

RAY

Sorry for my late response i was just getting ready to post it and pulled up your quote, and saw you figured it out. What i did was removed the arrows buffers and replaced with the trend buffer, figured you wanted to use in Ea so arrows wouldn't be needed. Anyway glad you got it to work.

traderduke
traderduke  

Mrtools

I was a little to quick with my "ITS working". It doesn't work in the MTF mode. Could you check it out and show me the error of my ways??

Thanks

Ray

mrtools:
Sorry for my late response i was just getting ready to post it and pulled up your quote, and saw you figured it out. What i did was removed the arrows buffers and replaced with the trend buffer, figured you wanted to use in Ea so arrows wouldn't be needed. Anyway glad you got it to work.
William Snyder
William Snyder  
traderduke:
Mrtools

I was a little to quick with my "ITS working". It doesn't work in the MTF mode. Could you check it out and show me the error of my ways??

Thanks

Ray

Ray looks like its fixed and put it on a chart and the mtf and alerts are working, removed one of the extra call outs using the trend buffer, then added the trend buffer to the mtf call out, you were very close!

William Snyder
William Snyder  

This is rsi ma smoothed with gaussian filter, with arrows and alerts going off at rsi ma cross.

updated version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general