Elite indicators :) - page 106

Mike,

As much as I am fond of Bookkeeper, this indicator is based on ZigZags and that fact itself makes its usage in an EA very difficult (frankly, I do not know any ZigZag EA that is at least fairly successful)

It does not lessen its usefulness in manual trading. One just always have to bare in mind the properties of ZigZags and it can be a basis of a successful manual system

regards

mladen

mike pearce:
great work mladen..

i need a EA base on ArrZZx2 and other indicator

can you help?

Ea

artforex:
If you can specify more details of your idea , so no prob. Art

here the setting for buy. X-Arr......green color

X-ArrZZx2 setting SR=0, SRZZ=50, MainRZZ=4, FP=21, SMF=3

X-ArrZZx2 setting SR=0,SRZZ=4, MainRZZ=4, FP=21, SMF=3

when X-ArrZZx2 is confirm after candle close 4h,(green arrow) we look at the FXPM2 indicator( setting 5-2-2). When a green bar appear after candle close and only after X-ArrZZx2 was confirm we can place a buy order.

we place our stop loss @ 90 pip from entry. Exit when red Arrow appear.

we only buy when green arrow appear again confirm after candle close and confirm again when FXPM2 show green bar when candle close.

Apply the same concept for SELL when X-Arrx2 setting SR=0, SRZZ=50,MainRZZ=4 show red arrow after confirmation by FXPM2

became red

no position is taken when X-Arrx2 show blue color.

thanks

Files:
picture_6.png  148 kb
fxpm2.ex4  3 kb

Momentum..

Hi, can someone please help me with a indicator?

I just want to have a indicator that shows me the value of the momentum

indicator on screen..

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

halvard

ok, I send you first version in few days

Art

mike pearce:

when X-ArrZZx2 is confirm after candle close 4h,(green arrow) we look at the FXPM2 indicator( setting 5-2-2). When a green bar appear after candle close and only after X-ArrZZx2 was confirm we can place a buy order.

we only buy when green arrow appear again confirm after candle close and confirm again when FXPM2 show green bar when candle close.

Apply the same concept for SELL when X-Arrx2 setting SR=0, SRZZ=50,MainRZZ=4 show red arrow after confirmation by FXPM2

became red

thanks

mike pearce:

became red

thanks

mike,

do u use skype or similar commagent ? Contact me.... skype:adminchi

art

MACD High and Low

I am looking for an indicator that plots horizontal lines for historical high and low of the MACD histogram on the MACD plot as well as +25% and -25% (user adjustable) of the historical high and low. The plots will be dynamic as new high and new low of the MACD are made. Look back bars can also be user adjustable.

My strategy is, I want to enter a trade when the trend is still young, meaning that the MACD fast MA freshly passes zero. Therefore, a 25% line or -25% line would be very helpful. Anyone would like to try? Will send money for your effort.

swordfish:
I am looking for an indicator that plots horizontal lines for historical high and low of the MACD histogram on the MACD plot as well as +25% and -25% (user adjustable) of the historical high and low. The plots will be dynamic as new high and new low of the MACD are made. Look back bars can also be user adjustable. My strategy is, I want to enter a trade when the trend is still young, meaning that the MACD fast MA freshly passes zero. Therefore, a 25% line or -25% line would be very helpful. Anyone would like to try? Will send money for your effort.

MACD is an unbounded indicator and percent isn't present.

Linuxser:
MACD is an unbounded indicator and percent isn't present.

True. But if the higherst MACD peak in history is 0.002, the 25% line will be 0.0005. If there is a new high in MACD, say, 0.004, the 25% line will be changed to 0.001.

swordfish,

Here you go.
A couple of lines of explanation : the deviation from your idea in this one is that the "zero line" is also calculated.

The idea is simple : in times of strong trends you are going to have the macd line over or under 0 for a long time which will make the meaning of 0 almost useless. This one calculates a new "zero line" which is a middle line of the highest and lowes value of the macd. All the rest is calculated than in respect to those 3 values

Parameters :
FastLength -> fast macd length

SlowLength -> slow macd length

SignalLength -> macd signal length (it calculates it as EMA)

ApplyTo -> price to use in calculations

LookBackLength -> look back length for highs/lows

UpEarlyLevel -> the "early level" upper line

DownEarlyLevel -> the "early level" lower line

regards

mladen

swordfish:
True. But if the higherst MACD peak in history is 0.002, the 25% line will be 0.0005. If there is a new high in MACD, say, 0.004, the 25% line will be changed to 0.001.
Files:
macd_-_hl.gif  21 kb
macd_hl.mq4  4 kb

mladen:
swordfish, Here you go.
A couple of lines of explanation : the deviation from your idea in this one is that the "zero line" is also calculated.

The idea is simple : in times of strong trends you are going to have the macd line over or under 0 for a long time which will make the meaning of 0 almost useless. This one calculates a new "zero line" which is a middle line of the highest and lowes value of the macd. All the rest is calculated than in respect to those 3 values

Parameters :
FastLength -> fast macd length

SlowLength -> slow macd length

SignalLength -> macd signal length (it calculates it as EMA)

ApplyTo -> price to use in calculations

LookBackLength -> look back length for highs/lows

UpEarlyLevel -> the "early level" upper line

DownEarlyLevel -> the "early level" lower line

regards mladen

Mladen,

Thank you so much.

I don't understand why zero line needs to be recalculated. In a standard MACD histogram, the zero is fixed, isn't it?

Reason: