Dimi.A:

Chief is the "Range" based on ATR?

No. Range is a range : the range from high to low

mladen:
Thanks.

mladen:

Chief, forgot to let you know I'm not getting alerts on current when Chaos 1.4 hits extreme on current candle.
I tried it on my home terminal and also on my VPS terminal and both aren't working.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm also using Auto Refresh timer on my charts?

PS: This is my all time favourite creation of yours. Please make more Chaos Visual utilities for us if you have time!

Dimi.A:

Chief, forgot to let you know I'm not getting alerts on current when Chaos 1.4 hits extreme on current candle.
I tried it on my home terminal and also on my VPS terminal and both aren't working.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm also using Auto Refresh timer on my charts?

PS: This is my all time favourite creation of yours. Please make more Chaos Visual utilities for us if you have time!

Result of quick testing the alerts for chaos visual 1.4 - as you can see all the cases are working for me

mladen:

Result of quick testing the alerts for chaos visual 1.4 - as you can see all the cases are working for me

Thanks for testing it out. Would using an Auto Refresh Timer on charts prevent "current candle" alerts from being activated?

Dimi.A:

Thanks for testing it out. Would using an Auto Refresh Timer on charts prevent "current candle" alerts from being activated?

That should have nothing to do with the chaos indicator

Anyway, "autorefresh" was "invented" for repainting indicators - it was working a certain way (using low level windows API calls) and there is no need to use it when there is no problem with the used indicators at all. It is just slowing down your terminal

Hello All,

This High-Low Trend is a work of art. I was wondering if someone could put a bar limitation parameter on the indicator. I would like to limit the processing on offline charts.

thanks,

Rumpus 

rumpus:

Hello All,

This High-Low Trend is a work of art. I was wondering if someone could put a bar limitation parameter on the indicator. I would like to limit the processing on offline charts.

thanks,

Rumpus 

What is the issue on offline charts that causes yu to try to limit it?

mladen:
What is the issue on offline charts that causes yu to try to limit it?

Hi Mladen,

I run several charts at once, and I get a response lag when i put this one on for some reason. I limit my bars to about 5000 bars per chart, but really only need 3 days of bars to trade my way. I tried it with and without and I get a lag only when it is on.  I trade intraday with constant range bars, and have tested all the other indicators for this lag. When news hits with larger volatility, my terminal crashes with this on.

I like the high low calc on this and the pip count between vertices, so if there is a better option please suggest an alternative if that's easier. I don't use the MTF function or interpolation, the envelopes or the lines. I only use the pip count and the dots to see the higher high, lower low vertex relationship to previous price action.

Thank you for your question, I really love your work.

Rumpus 

Files:
Reason: