Indicator without chart

my respects to everyone her, i'm a bit new to FX but hanging out here has helped me on my learning journey!

I have a question which i haven't been able to find an answer for, here goes:

is it possible to have an indicator running on data without a chart? in other words, i have some indicators with alerts, (email, push) and i'd like to run them acorss 70+ pairs/securities, walk away and wait for signal alerts. now having all those windows open in mt4 works, but forget using mt4 for anything else ( that's if it doesn't crash).

just wondering is someone has come across a script or code that allows the indi to analyze the data without having the chart open.

it's probably a far out request but it's always worth asking.

all the best

If you use iCustom() call to the indicators you use, there is no need at all to have the chart opened. But for that you would need to have a new indicator written that will do all the iCustom() calls

thank you very much mladen,

i've tried looking up iCustom, but as i' don't have any programming background, it was a bit overwhelming...

for now, i've set up a second mt4 instance with the indicators waiting for signals but still it's not easy in terms of resources

pipsFX:
thank you very much mladen,

i've tried looking up iCustom, but as i' don't have any programming background, it was a bit overwhelming...

for now, i've set up a second mt4 instance with the indicators waiting for signals but still it's not easy in terms of resources

In terms of resources, even if you use iCustom() it will not be easy. iCustom() runs the indicator the same way as the regular indicator with only a few minor differences : one being that the indicator buffers values (and eventual; subwindow) are not displayed.

For example : if the indicator creates objects on a main chart, they will still be visible. And the memory and processor usage will be exactly the same as if the indicator is used in a normal way

Reason: