TraderRob28:
mladen

my RSI-EMA crosses & filtered idea is here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

thx....

Missed it

Will get on it

Mladen/ MrTools,

Is it possible to program an "adaptive" histogram (MACD type) LinearRegSlope indicator where the histogram shows the difference between the short and long slope?

I think the extern input parameters required are:

int Price = 0

int adaptive = 0 (if 0 then the indicator uses the input shortlength/longlength. if 1 then the indicator uses the short/long cyclemultiplier)

int ShortLength = 20

int LongLength = 35

double CycleAlfa = 0.07

double shortCycleMultiplier = 0.5;

double longCycleMultiplier = 2;

thanks,

jim

mladen:
Missed it Will get on it

No problem.

Question:

TMA bands Centered with sideways signal-line.

Is there such a thing?

94315jim:
Mladen/ MrTools,

Is it possible to program an "adaptive" histogram (MACD type) LinearRegSlope indicator where the histogram shows the difference between the short and long slope?

I think the extern input parameters required are:

int Price = 0

int adaptive = 0 (if 0 then the indicator uses the input shortlength/longlength. if 1 then the indicator uses the short/long cyclemultiplier)

int ShortLength = 20

int LongLength = 35

double CycleAlfa = 0.07

double shortCycleMultiplier = 0.5;

double longCycleMultiplier = 2;

thanks,

jim

jim

Try this out :
linearregslope_ca_adaptive-1.mq4

cycleperiod_v2.mq4

PS: it is not a histogram version (yet), but a regular oscillator, but you have now an option to have adaptive or not, and difference or not calculation (so it can do what the previous did - just cleaned up - and can calculate the difference of any combination of two linear regression slopes). let me know if this is enough as is (since it is showing the values very clean) or the histogram version is still required

PPS: Cycle period is needed when the Adaptive option is chosen (otherwise it will not work OK)

mladen:
jim Try this out :
linearregslope_ca_adaptive-1.mq4

cycleperiod_v2.mq4

PS: it is not a histogram version (yet), but a regular oscillator, but you have now an option to have adaptive or not, and difference or not calculation (so it can do what the previous did - just cleaned up - and can calculate the difference of any combination of two linear regression slopes). let me know if this is enough as is (since it is showing the values very clean) or the histogram version is still required

PPS: Cycle period is needed when the Adaptive option is chosen (otherwise it will not work OK)

Mladen,

The indicator looks great.

If possible could you add histogram as visually it would be easier to see when the difference is increasing/decreasing.

thank you,

jim

Hi mladen/mrtools

Please add email/notifications to this indicator when price touches the support or resistance

Thanks

Files:

94315jim:
Mladen,

The indicator looks great.

If possible could you add histogram as visually it would be easier to see when the difference is increasing/decreasing.

thank you,

jim

jim

Here is a version with histogram on slope change added : linearregslope_ca_adaptive_histo.mq4

Boloti:
Hi mladen/mrtools

Please add email/notifications to this indicator when price touches the support or resistance

Thanks

Hi mladen/mrtools

Is there a problem with this indicator. Please let me know so I may have a settled mind. Or do you know of any that may be working like it ?

Thanks

Boloti:
Hi mladen/mrtools

Is there a problem with this indicator. Please let me know so I may have a settled mind. Or do you know of any that may be working like it ?

Thanks

Boloti

As far as code is concerned, no problem

But as far as crosses (since touches are as rare as it gets when it comes to time series values - almost impossible to have same values) there can be 18 x 2 = 36 types of alerts in that indicator, and it takes some time to make it

hi mladen or mrtools,

other question.

Give it a trend watcher for TMA Bands, it identified the TMA trend?

-Down, UP, Sideway ... strong , weak.... etc...---> an additional notification

thx...

Reason: