Elite indicators :) - page 896

timmyhanke:
ignore that post , i looked at it at a emty ea , and it repaintet like hell..

It happens from time to time

This is an experiment. Instead of using some of the "regular" moving averages in the dtosc calculation, this one is using a super smoother : multi_pair_dtosc_-_ssm.mq4

Results are smoother (less false signals) but it needs to be experimented with the parameters yet

mladen:
Updated version of cronex taichi compatible with new mql : cronex_taichi_nmc.mq4

Hi Mladen/Mrtools,

Could you please advise?

I am looking for an indicator that would best identify flat - no trade zones. I have been looking at Cronex Taichi and Damiani Voltameter. Cronex appears to cover very large areas compared to Damiani, including areas where is some activity. I trade lower tf, 1-15 min.

1. Do you know of an indicator/system that would identify flat periods best?

2. Is there a way of tweaking the Cronex and Damiani indicators to test which one works better.

Jozy:
Hi Mladen/Mrtools,

Could you please advise?

I am looking for an indicator that would best identify flat - no trade zones. I have been looking at Cronex Taichi and Damiani Voltameter. Cronex appears to cover very large areas compared to Damiani, including areas where is some activity. I trade lower tf, 1-15 min.

1. Do you know of an indicator/system that would identify flat periods best?

2. Is there a way of tweaking the Cronex and Damiani indicators to test which one works better.

Jozy

That is an eternal problem

Assume this : how we differ trending and ranging? More or less using some measure of price change over some time. No lets assume that average range is 10 pips and that it is going up for a day at that past. And then it changes the direction and goes down for a day at the same past. If we take a look at, let say 15 minute chart it would look like it was trending up for a day and then trending down for a day. But if we look at the daily chart, there is no change at all - it was a "simple" case of ranging (in the hindsight of course)

There is no exact way how we can determine if there is a trend or the market is ranging. We ca assume (and that is what we are using all the time using indicators and drawing conclusions from those indicators) But there is no other way but the estimation to tell : "now it is ranging" or "now it is trending". Take a look at EURUSD at the lost couple of weeks - now it looks like it is ranging (daily charts - not some lower time frames) But if you take a look at the weekly chart it is a clear case of a strong bearish trend pausing (consolidating) before the next step down.

So, as much as we would like to ave some quantifiable way of determining the trending or ranging, we can not have it. We can only do our best in estimations and adjust our trading systems to the logic of our estimation - and trade that way

mladen:
Jozy

That is an eternal problem

Assume this : how we differ trending and ranging? More or less using some measure of price change over some time. No lets assume that average range is 10 pips and that it is going up for a day at that past. And then it changes the direction and goes down for a day at the same past. If we take a look at, let say 15 minute chart it would look like it was trending up for a day and then trending down for a day. But if we look at the daily chart, there is no change at all - it was a "simple" case of ranging (in the hindsight of course)

There is no exact way how we can determine if there is a trend or the market is ranging. We ca assume (and that is what we are using all the time using indicators and drawing conclusions from those indicators) But there is no other way but the estimation to tell : "now it is ranging" or "now it is trending". Take a look at EURUSD at the lost couple of weeks - now it looks like it is ranging (daily charts - not some lower time frames) But if you take a look at the weekly chart it is a clear case of a strong bearish trend pausing (consolidating) before the next step down.

So, as much as we would like to ave some quantifiable way of determining the trending or ranging, we can not have it. We can only do our best in estimations and adjust our trading systems to the logic of our estimation - and trade that way

Mr Mladen, I am very grateful for thoroughly clear and full answer!

Thanks

Jozy

anyone can correct this indicator.?

guner:
anyone can correct this indicator.?

Guner, there is an updated version here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Sorry i found it.

Theres something wrong with this indicator , i did a back test through a program called simple fx tester on the indicator and everything worked extremely well , it did find every reversal point in the market. but now when the market is up again i loades my charts with the indicator and directly it starting spam me with alerts where it sad that the market changed direction but on a diffrent time , '' EURGBP at 0900:33 SSA at bar 2015.04.06 0400:00 changed to down '' so it alerts me for a change of direction that happend 5 hours ago . haha i got like 150 alerts in 1 minute and it keeps going.

ssa_of_price_-_advanced_histo_nmc.mq4

timmyhanke:
Theres something wrong with this indicator , i did a back test through a program called simple fx tester on the indicator and everything worked extremely well , it did find every reversal point in the market. but now when the market is up again i loades my charts with the indicator and directly it starting spam me with alerts where it sad that the market changed direction but on a diffrent time , '' EURGBP at 0900:33 SSA at bar 2015.04.06 0400:00 changed to down '' so it alerts me for a change of direction that happend 5 hours ago . haha i got like 150 alerts in 1 minute and it keeps going. ssa_of_price_-_advanced_histo_nmc.mq4

timmyhanke

SSA (singular spectrum analysis) is a recalculating algorithm

The version that does not repaint is the end pointed SSA -

Reason: