Elite indicators :) - page 902

TraderRob28:
hi mladen or mrtools,

other question.

Give it a trend watcher for TMA Bands, it identified the TMA trend?

-Down, UP, Sideway ... strong , weak.... etc...---> an additional notification

thx...

TraderRob28

What should the criteria for sideways, strong and weak could be?

Slope of the centered TMA can change all the time for the last half period bars, and the slope depends on time frames (the higher the time frame, the greater the slope in points/pips is regardless that they look like they are the same).

We need some mathematical criteria that would uniquely define any of those states, and so far I haven't found any reliable math formula that could do that automatically

mladen:
Boloti

As far as code is concerned, no problem

But as far as crosses (since touches are as rare as it gets when it comes to time series values - almost impossible to have same values) there can be 18 x 2 = 36 types of alerts in that indicator, and it takes some time to make it

mladen

thanks for the explanation

mladen:
TraderRob28

What should the criteria for sideways, strong and weak could be?

Slope of the centered TMA can change all the time for the last half period bars, and the slope depends on time frames (the higher the time frame, the greater the slope in points/pips is regardless that they look like they are the same).

We need some mathematical criteria that would uniquely define any of those states, and so far I haven't found any reliable math formula that could do that automatically

Thank you very much for the reply. The mathematical criteria I have not though.

I had thought on a general trend-measuring-indicator. That it the chart supervises.

for example :

So similarly as the GMACD SIGNAL indicator.

Perhaps on the basis of the MA's.

That it recognizes a sideways trend.

TraderRob28:
Thank you very much for the reply. The mathematical criteria I have not though.

I had thought on a general trend-measuring-indicator. That it the chart supervises.

for example :

So similarly as the GMACD SIGNAL indicator.

Perhaps on the basis of the MA's.

That it recognizes a sideways trend.

GMACD takes trends from a couple of time frames and the takes an average of those multi time frame trends. That solution is not applicable to an indicator like the one you are trying to use

mladen:
GMACD takes trends from a couple of time frames and the takes an average of those multi time frame trends. That solution is not applicable to an indicator like the one you are trying to use

Ok. That is correct.

I thought therefor, you have it.

I would like have to filtered only the sideways trend.

But it doesn't matter.

Then I keep looking.

But the RSI-EMA (crosses) & filtered Stoch is highly necessary.

Ps......

I apologize, if my English grammar is bad. But my English instruction is already very a very long time ago.

i found this in the inet...

Sideways Alert Indicator is a very effective tool to indicate sideways conditions on live charts and to determine its levels. It helps us trade within the range or trade the breakout or just simply to filter out sideways market conditions.“

But I don't know whether it works in the M5 TMA centered band .

Is only a demo version. I think it will be calculated on the price level. (breakout trading)

Sideways Alert Indicator is a very effective tool to indicate sideways conditions on live charts and to determine its levels. It helps us trade within the range or trade the breakout or just simply to filter out sideways market conditions.“

Is only a demo version. I think it will be calculated on the price level. (breakout trading)

Yes

That is the same case : it takes trends from 9 time frames and calculates "average" trend. Now a question : is the 1 minute trend same weight as 1 month trend? We can not calculate "average" trend that way, since the trend on lower time frames hardly means the same as on higher time frame

that's right, you're right.

Perhaps, if it would be calculated only for one period, it could work. As an example of M5.

or what do you mean?

In Germany, we say to complex matters, a proverb. It is a difficult birth.

But my dear friend mladen.

The TMA BAND thing can wait.

the EMA RSi filtered Stoch idea is importantly.

thank you very much

Can you add Alerts to this indicator , becuse if you change the Adx Vma period to 2 it stats to look alot like a step ma , and i like that indicator but it dosnt work for me , hope this works better .

Sorry if i post to much on this thread , i just want to find something that works great in forex trading.

Thanks for everything your helped me with so far!

adxvma_-_mtf_amp_zigzag_nmc.mq4

TraderRob28:

that's right, you're right.

Perhaps, if it would be calculated only for one period, it could work. As an example of M5.

or what do you mean?

In Germany, we say to complex matters, a proverb. It is a difficult birth.

TraderRob28

You can not get an average of one period : an average of one period is the value itself. That is what I was talking about : that there is no reliable way of determining / quantifying sideways and trending markets

Reason: