Elite indicators :) - page 786

traderdp:
mladen,

I'm looking for any help if possible to a nagging issue.

Do you have any suggestion for a non-repainting indicator that could be helpful in helping to determine trend deceleration or slowdown prior to the actual trend reversal.

This is especially helpful on an 8 pip Renko bar chart, where a lot of great indicators simply show a change in direction or cross, etc. after the reversal actually takes place ( ie., 8 pips later ).

Thanks for all your time and effort to try to help, once again.

traderdp

David

David

I am afraid that due to constant bar sizes and constant price changes on a renko type charts, anything that shows momentum (acceleration/deceleration) can not be used on those chart to show information it is supposed to show

mladen:
David I am afraid that due to constant bar sizes and constant price changes on a renko type charts, anything that shows momentum (acceleration/deceleration) can not be used on those chart to show information it is supposed to show

mladen,

Thanks again for all of your terrific help about Renko bar limitation. I also use a 5 and 15 minute time charts as well with the Renko for observation.

Is there any indicator that I could put on the time chart to help show deceleration or slowdown in the trend move prior to trend reversal?

Thanks as always for the brilliant insights and of course, for all of your time and effort to help.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Thanks again for all of your terrific help about Renko bar limitation. I also use a 5 and 15 minute time charts as well with the Renko for observation.

Is there any indicator that I could put on the time chart to help show deceleration or slowdown in the trend move prior to trend reversal?

Thanks as always for the brilliant insights and of course, for all of your time and effort to help.

traderdp

David

Did you try using velocity indicator for that?

mrtools:
Hi Derfel, Did the interpolate and the arrows, and some jurik smoothing and needed help from Mladen(big THANKS TO HIM) but here it is!!

Version compatible with the new mql : fx_sniper_ergodic_cci_triggeralertfast_mtf_arrows_v1_nmc.mq4

mladen:
Ray

Here you go

Made some other changes in the code too (you will see what is changed - some changes were necessary (arrows buffers for example, always must be cleared at the beginning of loop in order to prevent occasional repainting) and some are simply things I thought should be there). To let it work as the original one set the UseDifferenceCrossesto true, otherwise it is marking crosses of the 2 lines (but you will notice that those are practically the same)

PS: for alerts on closed bar set the alertsOnCurrentto false

regards

Mladen

Updated special rsi compatible with new mql : rk-special_rsi_arrows_alerts_amp_mtf_nmc.mq4

mladen:
altoronto Here you go

As of additional time frames : that way you are trying can be done in only one case - if you have some separate script that is saving data in required format (the "M12" and "M18" are the ones that need to be done so), something similar to some range bar scripts. The "M18" can not be reconstructed from historical data, nor it can be "fitted naturally", so I it can not be done without anchoring, and any anchoring (or changing the anchoring) would cause repainting

regards

Mladen

Updated version compatible with new mql : hilow_channel_-_jurik_smooth_-_mtf_hist_nmc.mq4

mladen,

Is it possible to make an indicator that shows the "angle" (0 - 90 as it would never go over that) of the ADX from the WildersDMI_v3 cycle periods indicator?

thanks,

jim

mladen:
jim

Try it out : wildersdmi_v3_cycle_periods.mq4

Each parameter (ADX length, ADXR length and DMI length) are multiplier for a cycle period that is calculated on each new tick. So, it is, as you invented it, an adaptive ADX

94315jim:
mladen,

Is it possible to make an indicator that shows the "angle" (0 - 90 as it would never go over that) of the ADX from the WildersDMI_v3 cycle periods indicator?

thanks,

jim

jim

I am afraid that it is not possible with ADX

When I was making the approximation for moving average I used ATR to convert time into a price (without that it is impossible to get anything meaningful) but we can not use ATR for ADX (completely different units of computation)

Will think more of it but I am not optimistic that there is a way how to convert "time slices" to ADX like values that would, at the end, produce angle

MT

Are you using H1 with HAoffline? I can't seem to get the same chart. I know Mladen said that you mostly use M15. Do you also have a Ha on the screen. Can you post your chart indicators??

Thanks

Ray

mrtools:
T3_ITrend_mtf+alerts+arrows from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general updated to be compatible with new metatrader builds.

Mladen,

Thanks for the explanation.

Is it possible to make an indicator that shows the "slope" of ADX instead of "angle"?

thanks,

jim

mladen:
jim

I am afraid that it is not possible with ADX

When I was making the approximation for moving average I used ATR to convert time into a price (without that it is impossible to get anything meaningful) but we can not use ATR for ADX (completely different units of computation)

Will think more of it but I am not optimistic that there is a way how to convert "time slices" to ADX like values that would, at the end, produce angle
Reason: