Requests & Ideas - page 115

gorick

There can not be an angle calculation on a time series charts. The problem is that you have one measurement unit on the x axis (time) and a completely different measurement unit on the y axis (value). Hence there can not be an angle of something on a time series chart. It can only be something called "slope over time" or there can be an approximation of some kind. The approximation I use is converting time into ATR (meaning that horizontally one bar is "worth" an average true range points - that way if the "vertical" change on that bar is that equal number of points the angle is 45 degrees, and so on, but in that case those are comparable values and they even give some reasonable (logical) results)

Attaching an indicator that uses that logic (it was attached in the "Elite indicators" thread too) so you can check it. Also, using atr to convert time to units similar to chart values is limiting its usage (it can be used on moving averages and similar ones, but can not be used on oscillators like stochastic or rsi for example). Here is how it looks when converted to atr and then an angle is calculated (there will be no ilogical results like angles over 90 for example )

regards

Mladen

gorick:
Can any please refer to to an indicator that uses "angle", or pass onto me a routine for "angle" of an indicator.

I would really appreciate it.

Regards

gorick

mladen:
gorick

There can not be an angle calculation on a time series charts. The problem is that you have one measurement unit on the x axis (time) and a completely different measurement unit on the y axis (value). Hence there can not be an angle of something on a time series chart. It can only be something called "slope over time" or there can be an approximation of some kind. The approximation I use is converting time into ATR (meaning that horizontally one bar is "worth" an average true range points - that way if the "vertical" change on that bar is that equal number of points the angle is 45 degrees, and so on, but in that case those are comparable values and they even give some reasonable (logical) results)

Attaching an indicator that uses that logic (it was attached in the "Elite indicators" thread too) so you can check it. Also, using atr to convert time to units similar to chart values is limiting its usage (it can be used on moving averages and similar ones, but can not be used on oscillators like stochastic or rsi for example). Here is how it looks when converted to atr and then an angle is calculated (there will be no ilogical results like angles over 90 for example )

regards

Mladen

Mladen,

Thank you for your input, you are right in your observations and explanations. I did mean something tha gives what you have provided thank you.

I also will ask if there is something available that can replace multiple lines with a single line approximation? A line of best fit, or a regression? I am asking this as it goes back to my question of looking for a sideways market.

Regards

gorick

mladen:
gorick

regards

Mladen

Mladen, Mr Tools,

Would it be possible to have a version of the "angle of average" applied to the each of "jurik simple 1" and also OMA?

Regards and thanks in advance

gorick

gorick:
Mladen, Mr Tools,

Would it be possible to have a version of the "angle of average" applied to the each of "jurik simple 1" and also OMA?

Regards and thanks in advance

gorick

Hi Gorick,

This the Angles of jurik and Oma averages,on the jurik, for jurik filter simple just leave smooth double = false and on the Oma the angle levels need to be adjusted lower.

mrtools:
Hi Gorick, This the Angles of jurik and Oma averages,on the jurik, for jurik filter simple just leave smooth double = false and on the Oma the angle levels need to be adjusted lower.

Thank you Mr Tools.

Of regression : did you try "Regression channel" (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general or from this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) and set the deviations to 0. That way you are can get a single line display (that way it might be what you are looking for - it looks like the example bellow)

gorick:
Mladen,

Thank you for your input, you are right in your observations and explanations. I did mean something tha gives what you have provided thank you.

I also will ask if there is something available that can replace multiple lines with a single line approximation? A line of best fit, or a regression? I am asking this as it goes back to my question of looking for a sideways market.

Regards

gorick
Files:

Hi MLaden,

Could you modify this indicator ? Currently this indicator refreshes on daily basis. But i would like the history to be kept on the chart with options to choose how many days to be displayed; eg numbers 5 to represent 5 days in the past to be displayed on the chart.

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Best Regards

KL

One more average alerts

Hello Mladen,

Is it possible to add alerts/email options, to the slope/colour change of the One more average - mtf, indicator?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

R J

One more average with alerts ...

R.J

Here you go

regards

Mladen

manalive:
Hello Mladen,

Is it possible to add alerts/email options, to the slope/colour change of the One more average - mtf, indicator?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

R J

mladen:
R.J

Here you go

regards

Mladen

Perfect, thanks Mladen.

Regards

R J

Reason: