Elite indicators :) - page 789

Jimmy
Jimmy  

Mladen,

Thanks for the explanation.

Is it possible to make an indicator that shows the "slope" of ADX instead of "angle"?

thanks,

jim

mladen:
jim

I am afraid that it is not possible with ADX

When I was making the approximation for moving average I used ATR to convert time into a price (without that it is impossible to get anything meaningful) but we can not use ATR for ADX (completely different units of computation)

Will think more of it but I am not optimistic that there is a way how to convert "time slices" to ADX like values that would, at the end, produce angle
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
94315jim:
Mladen,

Thanks for the explanation.

Is it possible to make an indicator that shows the "slope" of ADX instead of "angle"?

thanks,

jim

jim

That can be done

Will be made for tomorrow

William Snyder
William Snyder  
traderduke:
MT

Are you using H1 with HAoffline? I can't seem to get the same chart. I know Mladen said that you mostly use M15. Do you also have a Ha on the screen. Can you post your chart indicators??

Thanks

Ray

Ray, yes am using hourly ha offline charts, settings I'm using are SmoothPeriod1 = 7,SmoothMethod1 = LWMA, SmoothPeriod2 = 7, and SmoothMethod2 = LWMA, the only other indicator on that picture(besides the news indicator) is the T3 Itrend. I have pretty much gone to higher time frame charts(hourly+) due to time restraints.

Jimmy
Jimmy  

mladen,

Along with the request from yesterday, could you make the LinearRegslope "adaptive" so it is based on the cycle period indicator?

In addition, could you add options of "pre-smoothing period" and "pre smoothing mode (SMA, EMA, SMMA, LWMA)?

thanks,

jim

linearregslope_v1.mq4

Files:
traderduke
traderduke  

MT

Thanks a lot!

Ray

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
94315jim:
mladen,

Along with the request from yesterday, could you make the LinearRegslope "adaptive" so it is based on the cycle period indicator?

In addition, could you add options of "pre-smoothing period" and "pre smoothing mode (SMA, EMA, SMMA, LWMA)?

thanks,

jim

linearregslope_v1.mq4

jim

Linear regression is integer bound calculation (it can not calculate fractional periods)

That makes it less suitable for being adaptive by cycle period (it would make it "choppy")

Jimmy
Jimmy  

mladen,

Would it be possible to round the length up like you did for polyfit r squared indicator?

thanks,

jim

mladen:
jim

Linear regression is integer bound calculation (it can not calculate fractional periods)

That makes it less suitable for being adaptive by cycle period (it would make it "choppy")
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
94315jim:
mladen,

Would it be possible to round the length up like you did for polyfit r squared indicator?

thanks,

jim

jim

Will check to see what will we get

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
94315jim:
mladen,

thanks,

jim

jim

Try this one : linearregslope_ca_adaptive.mq4

PS: CyclePeriod_v2 is necesary for the indicator to work cycleperiod_v2.mq4

At the example upper is the adaptive, lower is the regular version

William Snyder
William Snyder  

Averages_Envelopes from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general updated with all 20 of the averages now and made to be compatible with new mt4 builds.