Elite indicators :) - page 656

mladen:
ValeoFX

Here is a version with lines added

PS: when different types of averages are compared, sometimes it is not clear which one is the "fast" average and which one is the "slow" and in that case the colors for up and down may seem illogical. In cases like that simply adjust the colors to your needs since there is not mathematical way to do that

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you very much for both the indicator as well as the advise. Much appreciated as always.

Successful day to you.

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

I've come across a simple but interesting trading strategy (of course they all are in theory), from a guy named Vladimir Ribakov, which uses the standard MT4 Accumulation/Distribution indicator which I'm now experimenting with in demo on the H4 & D1. Surprisingly I find that this A/D indicator even repaints on these high tf's very slightly. Is this the very nature of this indicator to depict properly or would it be even more valuable as a nrp version. If your answer is the latter then could you please do me a favour and make it into a nrp.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

Accumulation/Distribution should not repaint (the built in version does not) and there is nothing in its formula that could cause repainting (the formula of it is : Acc/Dist = ((Close – Low) – (High – Close)) / (High – Low) * Period's volume). I do not know which version is the one you posted and what is causing that repainting (since it is not a source code)

mladen:
Sylvester Accumulation/Distribution should not repaint (the built in version does not) and there is nothing in its formula that could cause repainting (the formula of it is : Acc/Dist = ((Close – Low) – (High – Close)) / (High – Low) * Period's volume). I do not know which version is the one you posted and what is causing that repainting (since it is not a source code)

Hi Mladen

Thanks for the prompt reply. Attached is the indicator that I'm using on FXCM. When I say repaints what I'm actually referring to the "backwards wiggling effect" that shows on screen (surprisingly on H4 & D1 too) which to me looks like its incrementally subtly rearranging the shape of the A/D line. So I'm really unsure if this is true repainting or just the very nature of the beast.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Files:

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

Thanks for the prompt reply. Attached is the indicator that I'm using on FXCM. When I say repaints what I'm actually referring to the "backwards wiggling effect" that shows on screen (surprisingly on H4 & D1 too) which to me looks like its incrementally subtly rearranging the shape of the A/D line. So I'm really unsure if this is true repainting or just the very nature of the beast.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

It should not repaint

What might happen is that when indicator reaches a new highest high or lowest low on the screen segment you are observing, metatrader adjusts the whole display to fit in the new range and then it looks like it repainted even though it did not. Other than that I haven't found anything in the code that could cause reapinting

mladen

Could you please add the "averages" function to your "Trend direction & force index - smoothed 3 & alerts" indicator like you did for the 'Flat Market-wArrows - averages" indicator?

Thanks

Ray

traderduke:
mladen

Could you please add the "averages" function to your "Trend direction & force index - smoothed 3 & alerts" indicator like you did for the 'Flat Market-wArrows - averages" indicator?

Thanks

Ray

Ray

Here you go All the latest average types added to it (the following ones :
0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Smoothed MA

6 = Linear weighted MA

7 = Parabolic weighted MA

8 = Alexander MA

9 = Volume weighted MA

10 = Hull MA

11 = Triangular MA

12 = Sine weighted MA

13 = Linear regression

14 = IE/2

15 = NonLag MA

16 = Zero lag EMA

17 = Leader EMA

18 = Super smoother

19 = Smoother

mladen:
Ray

Here you go

All the latest average types added to it (the following ones :
0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Smoothed MA

6 = Linear weighted MA

7 = Parabolic weighted MA

8 = Alexander MA

9 = Volume weighted MA

10 = Hull MA

11 = Triangular MA

12 = Sine weighted MA

13 = Linear regression

14 = IE/2

15 = NonLag MA

16 = Zero lag EMA

17 = Leader EMA

18 = Super smoother

19 = Smoother

mladen

Thank you!

Ray

In this example chart, the indicator sometimes fails to show the red/green bars at the extreme high and low points.

Can this be fixed so that all the red/green bars are visible? Thank you.

Files:

michaelB:
In this example chart, the indicator sometimes fails to show the red/green bars at the extreme high and low points.

Can this be fixed so that all the red/green bars are visible? Thank you.

Michael

It can not be fixed. The case is that at that points the high and the low of such bars is equal (or nearly equal) and that makes the bar invisible

Favour plse

Hello Mladen,

Please be kind enough and change the attached RSI_TripleHull (dated July 2011) for me so that the Alerts come when the price breaks the 65-level from above and 35-level from the bottom.

Thanking you most sincerely,

Reason: