Elite indicators :) - page 614

mladen:
David Here is the indicator. It displays 2 time frames but we forgot that those dots have actually 5 states : they have a state when nothing is displayed. Could not solve to make it as internal indicator so the indicator has to have the "AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02" in the indicators folder too. As you can see it is showing that 5th state too

mladen,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to create this indi for us all. I am expecting great things to come from your efforts here. Unfortunately, I have to apologize for having some difficulties setting up the new indi with both 2.02 and the 2 TF indicators in the indicator folder.

I get only 2 red boxes in every row throughout the chart even though I have set up the inputs as usual. No matter what I do, I can't seem to set up the 2 copies of this 2 TF indi properly to create the 4 rows with the correct colors.

I entered same ma method, same length, signal, smooth, and New Signals set to true as before . I don't see an interpolate input to set to false, so I assume that it is already coded in the indicator. I'm not sure what order to set the 2 time frames on each copy of the 2 Time Frame version.

Also not sure how to set the colors on the color section since there are #0 through 7 and only 4 apply to the step dot color boxes. I simply left them in default position. I simply assumed they take care of the 2 diff time frames for 1 indicator to use all 8 #s of colors.

I am very sorry for my own ineptitude, but what am I doing wrong?

I really appreciate all your help on this project as always. Thank you very much.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to create this indi for us all. I am expecting great things to come from your efforts here. Unfortunately, I have to apologize for having some difficulties setting up the new indi with both 2.02 and the 2 TF indicators in the indicator folder.

I get only 2 red boxes in every row throughout the chart even though I have set up the inputs as usual. No matter what I do, I can't seem to set up the 2 copies of this 2 TF indi properly to create the 4 rows with the correct colors.

I entered same ma method, same length, signal, smooth, and New Signals set to true as before . I don't see an interpolate input to set to false, so I assume that it is already coded in the indicator. I'm not sure what order to set the 2 time frames on each copy of the 2 Time Frame version.

Also not sure how to set the colors on the color section since there are #0 through 7 and only 4 apply to the step dot color boxes. I simply left them in default position. I simply assumed they take care of the 2 diff time frames for 1 indicator to use all 8 #s of colors.

I am very sorry for my own ineptitude, but what am I doing wrong?

I really appreciate all your help on this project as always. Thank you very much.

traderdp

David

David

Without "AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02" indicator from that post it will show only those two red lines. Copy the "AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02" into the indicators folder under that exact name (do not rename it) and it will work OK

mladen:
David Without "AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02" indicator from that post it will show only those two red lines. Copy the "AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02" into the indicators folder under that exact name (do not rename it) and it will work OK

mladen,

Thank you so much all your assistance and for your super quick reply once again.

I replaced the prior 2.02 ABSA indi with the exact one you just posted and this is what I got. Does that seem better with no spaces in the top 2TF indicator M30 + M15, no spaces and no M1 or M5 ID in the lower 2TF indicator?

Am I supposed to adjust the colors, since this picture is not similar at all to the one I created by simply taking your original new Step 2.02 indi and putting it up 4 times each with a different TF?

I enclosed new pic on top with new 2 TF indi on it and old pic on bottom with original indi put up 4 times for 4 diff TF.

Also, I'm not sure how to get and apply the buy and sell alerts we spoke about.

Thank you so much for your continued patience as I muddle through tech issues.

traderdp

David

David

In general, my opinion is that indicators showing multiple time frames can not be used in signaling mode (due to their multi time frame nature when all the bars of the higher time frame bar must be updated). The colors are show exactly as they are shown in the basic (that AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02") indicator

mladen:
David In general, my opinion is that indicators showing multiple time frames can not be used in signaling mode (due to their multi time frame nature when all the bars of the higher time frame bar must be updated). The colors are show exactly as they are shown in the basic (that AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02") indicator

mladen,

I'm sorry, does that mean that the idea of alerts on multiple time frame dots is not doable?

Because my bottom picture efforts of putting indi up 4 times with 4 diff TF has been giving me very good signals for last few days??

If we can't use the new 2 TF indi for some reason, is there any way to use the original indi put up 4 times with 4 diff TFs as in lower pic and somehow apply alerts to them ?? please forgive my tech ignorance, if this question is ridiculous.

Thank you for all your efforts.

traderdp

David

David

Alerts can be made to alert from one iindicator

They can not be made to test conditions over multiple indicators to combine the alert in one indicator (so it can alert onlt when 2 time frames are having same color - it can not look into another indicators on that chart for additional alert conditions)

mladen:
David In general, my opinion is that indicators showing multiple time frames can not be used in signaling mode (due to their multi time frame nature when all the bars of the higher time frame bar must be updated). The colors are show exactly as they are shown in the basic (that AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02") indicator

mladen,

Thank you very much for letting me know that alerts are not possible with my 4 separate diff TF indis stacked up with each other.

In reviewing all of this I have 3 issues/questions.

1.) I have just noticed that I had 2 identical named ABSA_mtf 2.02 indis in my indicator folder that were very different.

The original "step up-step down" ABSA_mtf 2.02 indi that you recently created a few days ago on page 635 in post #6341 and the older one on page 578 in post 5777, when you were kind enough to create the "converge-diverge" ABSA_mtf 2.2 indi that I still use and is also in my indicator folder.

Both were labeled the same - AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.02.

I then changed the original "converge-diverge" indi to 2.02B to avoid any possible confusion.

2.) I also changed the unique ID name on the bottom copy of the 2TF ABSA 2.02 indi to "2 Time frames asaB" to differentiate it from the top 2TF indi "2 Time frames asa" in case that was also an issue.

3.) I also noticed that the color sequence in the "original step up-step down" indi - AbsoluteStrength of Averages-MTF 2.02 that you recently created a few days ago was: #4 lime green, #5 red, #6 green, and #7 fire brick which is different from the newest 2 TF indi color sequence of #4 lime green, #5 green, #6 orange red, #7 crimson, which is also exactly repeated in colors #0, #1, #2, and #3.

Is it possible that all of these issues are causing some or all of the confusion, since now when I try to make all these changes, the colors seem very different and closer but not exactly the same as my original attempt to stack 4 copies of 2.02in diff time frames.

Could you possibly please address these 3 issues to help straighten out my confusion?

Thanks so much once again for everything you are trying to do to help.

I am really trying my darndest to get my 65 year old brain straight and correct with all of this, and to make this work.

traderdp

David

David

1. Use the one that is originally posted and that works OK (I used the one you posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general as the basis for work)

2. Unique ID is there to allow more than one instance of the indicator to be attached to the same chart. Each instance has to have unique value (simply by entering unique value in the parameter) otherwise the labels are not going to be visible for some of them

3. Please , set the colors the way you wish them to be set from the colors tab of the indicator. By default they are set to be the same as the dots colors in the AbsoluteStrength of averages indicator

mladen:
David

1. Use the one that is originally posted and that works OK

2. Unique ID is there to allow more than one instance of the indicator to be attached to the same chart. Each instance has to have unique value (simply by entering unique value in the parameter) otherwise the labels are not going to be visible for some of them

3. Please , set the colors the way you wish them to be set from the colors tab of the indicator. By default they are set to be the same as the dots colors in the AbsoluteStrength of averages indicator

mladen,

Thank you very much for the informative replies. That helps tremendously.

Lastly, to try to make the new 2 TF indi conform to the colors of the original, could you let me know from the code which color sequence in the newest replicates the original step up-step down 2.02 from a few days ago?

I'm still struggling to get it exactly the same.

thank you once again.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Thank you very much for the informative replies. That helps tremendously.

Lastly, to try to make the new 2 TF indi conform to the colors of the original, could you let me know from the code which color sequence in the newest replicates the original step up-step down 2.02 from a few days ago?

I'm still struggling to get it exactly the same.

thank you once again.

traderdp

David

David

If you compare the color of the dots you will see that the colors are exactly the same in both indicators. Dots colors are used for default colors

Reason: