Elite indicators :) - page 260

Originally this one is published in January 2011 issue of TASC (here : TRADERS’ TIPS - January 2011 )

But, also originally it is meant for long orders only. So decided to see if it can be made for short orders too but not using the exit rules they mention but by using "inverted" entry rule for longs. This is an attempt to do so and to see if it can be used in trading. At a first glance (and visual inspection) it seems to be useful with somewhat changed rules.

The rule to use the indicator would be the following : enter on dots and exit on opposite color cross or if you want to risk more wait for opposite color dot. Crosses can be treated as an early warning of "trend" change, but wait for confirmation of the "dots". Sorry for explaining in "dots and crosses" terms, but it simply seemed the simplest way (without mentioning the underlying conditions that need to be fulfilled)
So to clarify again : entries for long are the same as in the original, but exits are not and the original does not have entries for short at all which makes this one a variation of the "rsi with rsi" and not the same as the original.
Files:

While at it :

At his article Peter Konner mentions a KST indicator originally developed by Martin Pring (see here : Combining RSI With RSI - Peter Konner ) and since it seems that we are lacking those, decided to make them.

Formulas I used are metastock formulas from here : MetaStock Indicator - Martin Pring KST and as a consequence we have 6 new indicators in one :
2 basic averages calculations (determined by KSTMaType parameter) :
simple moving average - KSTMaType set to 0

exponential moving average - KSTMaType set to 1

3 length types (determined by KSTType parameter) :
short term - KSTType set to 0

intermediate term - KSTType set to 1

long term - KSTType set to 2

From the examples Konner shows, it is obvious that he uses the EMA version (SMA versions of formulas are a bit suspicious as they are given at the link for metastock formulas, but I decided to make them as they described them)
Files:
kst.gif  21 kb
kst.mq4  6 kb

This is just a short "BTW"

It is an updated SSA library. It is a bit faster (never enough speed when it comes to SSA) and it is made independent of some dll's it was depending on before (in some cases those dependencies are very hard to detect and correct - so in this one there is no such a possible issue)

The size of the dll is bigger then before but don't worry : it is in a function of what I said above (in this case smaller is not better ) Also, all one has to do is to overwrite the old dll - no additional change is required (just make sure not to run SSA when overwriting otherwise windows itself will not allow you to do the update)

PS: the maximum number of calculated bars of 5000 still stands - the reason is simple : in order to keep the things as fast as possible 2 dimensional arrays needed for calculations are declared statically and a maximum of 5000 bars seems as a reasonable choice

Files:
libssa.zip  35 kb

Hi Mladen,

Is it related to Singular Spectrum Analysis indicators on this link?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178673/page2

I am updating elite section links' thread ...

ND

Yes, those are the one it is related to

newdigital:
Hi Mladen,

Is it related to Singular Spectrum Analysis indicators on this link?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178673/page2

I am updating elite section links' thread ...

Files:

Much appreciated

mladen:
ValeoFX

Here you go

Sizes for upper and lower wick size can be set separately (size is in pips but you can set a decimal fraction too, so you can control points too). Dot sizes set in the colors properties of the indicator (with the width of the line) Here is an example of a 15 minute chart (bars in this case - to be more obvious where does it place the dots)

PS: once the bar is closed there will be absolutely no change in the backwards dots - so nothing similar to zigzags

regards

Mladen

=============================

Thanking you ever so much, Mladen. As always deeply indebted to you.

Best regards.

lawgirl rsi indicator

mladen:
Mark One point needs a clarification
- arrows per symbol (call it "horizontally" now) or

- arrows per time frame ("vertically" - so over all (or selectable) symbols)

regards Mladen

Hi Mladen

just reread your question.....answer is arrows per symbol..."horizontally"

i am looking to be alerted when a 4 or more arrows are in the UP position horizontally per symbol AND the individual RSI reading per each of the same 4 or more timeframes for that symbol is > 50 and less than 95

many thanks and apologies if my last answer was unclear;

thanks by the way for the Pearson indicator....it appears to confirm buying opportunities in strong trends...appreciated

kind regards

Mark

Mark

This should do it Some explanation of the non standard parameters :
alertsWhen-> is the number of signals you want to be aligned in the same direction. When that value is reached or the number of same direction signals is greater than it alerts is triggered (it is controlled by the alertsOnmain switch - if set to false no alerts will be triggered at all) Once the alert is triggered in one direction it will not be triggered until the direction changes to opposite direction

alertsImmediate-> it is here for one purpose only : do you want alerts to be triggered immediately when you place the ondicator on chart or if you change time frames or you want to wait until the direction of the initial trend (the one found when you placed indicator on chart) changes direction

I tried to keep the code that manages the alerts together so that it would be easy to see what is done. Individual symbols for alerts are not selectable now but the whole list of symbols used is taken into consideration

regards

Mladen

maccanz:
Hi Mladen

just reread your question.....answer is arrows per symbol..."horizontally"

i am looking to be alerted when a 4 or more arrows are in the UP position horizontally per symbol AND the individual RSI reading per each of the same 4 or more timeframes for that symbol is > 50 and less than 95

many thanks and apologies if my last answer was unclear;

thanks by the way for the Pearson indicator....it appears to confirm buying opportunities in strong trends...appreciated

kind regards

Mark
Files:
Reason: