Elite indicators :) - page 255

Codex

It is using something similar to jurik filter by igorad (I say similar, because it is rather changed in the mean time, but the basis of it is igorads work) The whole description (including the phase) you can find at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179011

As of smoothing : it was request of one of the members to do it so, and that is why I built in in that one. If one uses CCI the "woodie way" than smoothing should not be used (since they use it on a 5 minute charts and are after very, very fast indications (scalping), but if one uses it in a trend finding mode than good smoothing might be a clever idea since it will lessen the number of false alarms.

regards

Mladen

Codex:
Hey Guys,

Could someone point me to information with regards to "Smoothing" and specifically why and how it should be used with indicators?

Example: I am a huge fan of Mladens CCI indicators. The latest incarnation of this indicator comes with two smoothing parameters: "SmoothLength" and "SmoothPhase".

I would like to know the theory behind why one would went to filter say for example the CCI indicator with these smoothing parameters.

Thank you in advanced.

Cheers

Codex

:):):)

But also I think that people have a right to feel for themselves if something is good or not. In my experience if something is "unavailable" it tends to be mystified and people, in cases like those, think "if I only had that". So we have them and we can see from the real live usage how do they perform.

Also, an addition : as far as I see Varadi does not trade forex - and a lot, lot of time forex is quite a different "animal" than the rest "tradeable things" - maybe the difference comes from that

biddick:
Mladen, I am struggling to make something out of Varadi's indicators and I have followed the rules he explained in his website.You have almost converted all his indicators to mql4.The guy sounds quiet intelligent and he claims to have great results with his indicators ,but I can easily say you have coded much better indicators than those Varadi's own indicators.What do you say?

Hi Mladen,

Do you happen to have a divergence indicator for you CCI indicator set on your hard drive somewhere?

I have seen a couple of divergence indicators posted throughout this forum, but none of them seem to work properly with yours.

If not no need to create one.

Thanks for that info on the "smoothing" attributes for indicators. I found it really helpful.

Cheers

Codex

Codex:
Hi Mladen,

Do you happen to have a divergence indicator for you CCI indicator set on your hard drive somewhere?

I have seen a couple of divergence indicators posted throughout this forum, but none of them seem to work properly with yours.

If not no need to create one.

Thanks for that info on the "smoothing" attributes for indicators. I found it really helpful.

Cheers

Codex

Got this one with built in divergence, might be worth something to mess with over the rest of the weekend , not 100% sure its working properly yet, but to me strongest divergence comes around so called overbought or oversold lines!

Thank you Mr Tools, appreciate this.

Cheers

Codex

Mladen and Friends,

A happy and prosperous new year to all!

Mladen,

I tried to add your alarm to ICH but the alarm seems to be random. Can you take a look at it? Trying to get a short or long alarm when Candle closes below or above the cloud.

Thanks

Ray

Files:

Alerts

Hi Mladen ultra trend basic smoothed

12 and levels alerts

thanks

Ray

When i tell you the reason, you will know immediately : SpanA and SpanB are shifted by Kijun bars. Anyway, here is a version that works as it should (alert only when the close breaks the cloud to either side for the first time, then the next alert will be only in case of opposite break, and so on ...)

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen and Friends,

A happy and prosperous new year to all!

Mladen,

I tried to add your alarm to ICH but the alarm seems to be random. Can you take a look at it? Trying to get a short or long alarm when Candle closes below or above the cloud.

Thanks

Ray

Osirisja

Unfortunately with metatrader 4 it is not possible. It is possible with metatrader 5 (and a version that does that is already posted at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum ) but for metatrader 4 they never had anything similar as possibility

regards

Mladen

osirisja:
Hi Mladen

First of all, may I wish you and all members of this incredible forum a very good new year.

I am a big fan of the MTF CCI and the Averages indicators posted previously. My question is, is it possible for the Averages indicator to be changed so that it can be applied to a Previous/First indicator as well? For example, I would like to apply an 8 period Zero-Lag EMA, or an LSMA to the MTF CCI indicator?

Or is there already an indicator around (other than the standard lagging MT4 Movingaverage)?

Many thanks and best regards

Osirisja
Reason: