Mt4 End of support. - page 12

Artyom Trishkin:

Peter, so you are a grandmother.

Judging by your avatar, you're more of a grandmother.) (cute cat).

Artyom Trishkin:

You fully support the man who says that mql should only have server access functions, and everything else should be programmed with crutches by third-party development tools. Do not deviate from the party line. Be consistent - dump all your developments on mql and make a bridge - in studio for example - or wherever you are going to write your canvases... Then report on your next victory over the mill.

I saw a very different meaning in what Vladimir said. You attribute a different meaning to his words.

Why are you talking about mills? Is it you and the GOP supporters that you classify as "windmills"? So what's the problem with winning? I can win easily. And words do not interest me.

Mickey Moose:
I've built myself a small database of functions for this case, and I get them when I need them.

Imagine what it means to decompile a 1 mb dll, read and understand what they put in it. Why so much extra work?

It's just a load of crap, it's a mess...

Why should I decompile something? You have your own classes - use them, you have your own libraries - use them, you have proprietary code - read documentation, and if you don't trust them - write your own code once and forget about it - use it in your programs. You want to do something for the community - develop a library, assign access to necessary methods, write documentation and people will use available methods of the library/class.

Why do you have to constantly decompile someone else's stuff? What a strange way of thinking...

Artyom Trishkin:

When your codes start to overflow 10, 20, 30, ... , 100 thousand lines, then come back and tell me how you copy your codes in such a volume.

I am aware of such programs. Do you think that notepad, clicker or parser should take so many lines?

And about "why mess with someone else's" - they often write about the different libraries in use. Why use a black box and catch bugs from it?

Реter Konow:
Judging by the avatar, you're more of a grandmother.)) (cute cat).

I'm not talking about appearances, I'm talking about your own post:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Mt4 End of support.

Retag Konow, 2017.09.10 08:58

You're good at finding arguments Nikolai).

Grandma can digest everything too without any problem. She just subconsciously doesn't want some trinket dragging her established mind into a cycle of unnecessary information. She's right).

Mickey Moose:
I've built myself a little database of functions and I'll take it out and rewrite it when I need it.

So, OK.

At one point, you discover that your function from that database has an error. Or you just needed to make an improvement. You make this change, and, of course, with all subsequent products - you have an updated version of the function. But what about the old ones ? They contain the old version ! Would not it be more reasonable to have just a library, which is connected through the inludes, and after changing the library function - you just recompile the old products?

Mickey Moose:

And so imagine what it means to decompile a dll in 1 mb, read and comprehend what you put there. Why so much extra work?

I don't quite understand, why decompile dll ?

Why do you need DLL's at all? MQL has enough tools to do any necessary actions... What's not in there that needs a DLL?

Artyom Trishkin:

I'm not talking about appearances, I'm talking about your own post:

If you had said "Peter, judging by this post, you have an established Mind and are not grinding out a bunch of unnecessary information!", I would have responded differently.

Whatever the pitch, that's the answer. Sorry...

Mickey Moose:
I am aware of such programs. You think notepad, clicker or parser should take so many lines?

And about 'why mess with someone else's' - they often write about the different libraries in use. Why use a black box and catch bugs from it?

I'm talking about big programmes. What do clickers and parsers have to do with it? Or all of your programs are like that by volume? Then don't use libraries - who insists?

You do not use a black box - write your own box once and for all. And instead of looking in the library for the right function (you pull the required functions there anyway) and copy/paste it to your code, just write #include <path to your library> at the beginning of the program and that's all - forget about searching and copying...

Реter Konow:

If you had said "Peter, judging by this post, you have an established Mind and are not grinding out a lot of unnecessary information!", I would have responded differently.

Whatever the pitch, that's the answer. Sorry...

I would have thought you were a quick thinker. I'm sorry, next time I'll make it clearer that I'm responding to a post where you wrote that if I'd told you "Peter, judging by this post, you have an established Mind and don't grind up a bunch of unnecessary information!", you would have responded differently.

Artyom Trishkin:

I thought you were quick on the uptake. I apologise, next time I will make it clearer that I am responding to a post where you wrote that if I had said to you "Peter, judging by this post, you have an established Mind and you are not grinding out a lot of unnecessary information!", you would have responded differently.

Yes I understood it all at once. Only how was I supposed to respond to outright trolling?
Reason: