Elite indicators :) - page 136

Mladen re latest indies

Hi Mladen,

Your observation in post #1341 about the HiLowChannel-Juriksmooth was excellent and resulted in my running it on my M5 chart with great results and like you say it has the excellent feature of keeping one in a run for longer when you start thinking of exiting the trade.

Post #1345 re BB MACD-zerolag: excellent indicator and I have run it from day 1 comparing the 0.5 and 1.0 deviations and I must say that the 0,5 seems "better" on my charts at least.

What I would like to know from you though ( and you will see this on the attached screen-print) is:

................ when I compare the Zero-lag to the normal BB MACD, it sometimes signals a "false" signal but it is probably due to the non-lag feature, right? You can see those areas where the line is "switched on" as opposed to the long vertical-lines which indicated entries.

It may therefore be prudent to allow for a second dot to appear for confirmation of the change in direction.

Also, in this short this morning, it clearly shows how the ordinary MACD (first sub-window) outperforms the non-lag in the retrace situation; having said that the non-lag gives one an earlier indication of directional change which is easily identified with the brilliant SchaffTrendLine indicator.

Your comments would be much appreciated.

Files:

antisyzygy

Sorry to "hop in", but : "because we do not know the prices in the future".

This part of the code :

if(shift>=2)

{

Diff[shift]=(-MA[shift-2]+8*MA[shift-1]-8*MA[shift+1]+MA[shift+2])/12;

Diff2[shift]=(-MA[shift-2]+16*MA[shift-1]-30*MA[shift]+16*MA[shift+1]-MA[shift+2])/12;

}[/php]Uses 2 future values of the MA, and this one :

[php] else if(shift>=1)

{

Diff[shift]=(MA[shift-1]-MA[shift+1])/2;

Diff2[shift]=(MA[shift-1]-2*MA[shift]+MA[shift+1]);

}

uses 1 future value in the calculation. Is that on purpose?

I am aware that the current bar calculation does not use those kind of values but as soon as the current bar becomes a "past" bar, it is recalculated and it then uses those future values it had no way to know about. For a comparison, the lower on the picture is the one that does not use any of the future bars (so that is what it is in run-time) but uses the calculation you use for the current bar.
As you can see, difference is significant, and if one uses the zero crosses of the current (or even the first 2 closed bars) as signals, number of false signals is going to be significant

regards

mladen

antisyzygy:
I have updated my differential indicator to use more accurate derivative calculations. Its calculation for the previous and current bar is less accurate but it gives you an idea of what to expect. The error is still relatively low, but in the interest of full disclosure I wanted to say so. It had to be less accurate because we do not know the prices in the future. This being so, this indicator serves as a great confirmation. To use it as a leading indicator, If you see the first derivative approach zero its time to enter/exit a trade. The direction depends on the green line and whether or not the market is cycling, trending, or going through its elliot waves (see previous post for more information).
Files:
comparison.gif  27 kb

Request

mladen:
While doing some code corrections, made this one too

It is a variation of the Gann hi low activator (or SSL channel as I named it in one moment, only it uses smoothed prices)

Compared to the SSL channel seems to be giving much less false signals (or signals when the prices are ranging - it is less sensitive to ranging, and it seems to be quite good in finding trends) The upper is the SSL channel that was used as a model for the new indicator and the lower is the new one.

Looks rather interesting, doesn't it :):)

Mladen

I am wondering if there could be two changes to this. The first would be a alert on trend change, and the second would be a MTF function. I have found this indy very good!

Thanks for all you do!!!!

ValeoFX,

Nice setup...working with something similar here with good success. I have not tried the non-lag version, will give that a go...but the 'regular' BBMACD is performing well for me, esp. in combination with STC.

Can you share the indicator showing in your main chart (purple hi-lo lines with support1 and support2, or are those separate indies)...?

Cheers,

San.

mladen:
antisyzygy I am aware that the current bar calculation does not use those kind of values but as soon as the current bar becomes a "past" bar, it is recalculated and it then uses those future values it had no way to know about. For a comparison, the lower on the picture is the one that does not use any of the future bars (so that is what it is in run-time) but uses the calculation you use for the current bar.
As you can see, difference is significant, and if one uses the zero crosses of the current (or even the first 2 closed bars) as signals, number of false signals is going to be significant

regards

mladen

Thanks for the input. I am going to change it. I thought that perhaps it would be beneficial to use a more accurate calculation, but maybe I should stick to the backward difference method for all bars since it will make the indicator consistent.

New Differential indicator is attached. Could someone help me make it not repaint?

I will be working on a better differential quadrature rule for the second derivative, but for now it should be a much more consistent indicator.

Its now O(h^2) error instead of O(h^4).

Files:

antisyzygy:
New Differential indicator is attached. Could someone help me make it not repaint?

I will be working on a better differential quadrature rule for the second derivative, but for now it should be a much more consistent indicator.

I think this version would not repaint.

The repainting was caused by the 'minus' ( - ) sign in 'shift-1', which mean the future bar.

yuhu:
I think this version would not repaint. The repainting was caused by the 'minus' ( - ) sign in 'shift-1', which mean the future bar.

Thank you. I believe it works pretty well now. The next step is to use a shorter timeframe, i.e. calculate the derivative on a smoothed 30 minute for use on a 1 hour chart. Maybe we could use some sort of function that approximates the price.

ValeoFX,

You are right about the cause : zero lag is faster than the default ema that is used in MACD and the difference comes from that fact.

antisyzygy,

Yuhu is right, there will be no "repainting" in the last one you posted So now all you have to do is to work even harder

homestudy,

Will be made very soon

Alert

antisyzygy:

Great indicator antisyzugy. Could someone add signals/alerts according the maximum/minimum rules for improved backtesting?

Reason: