Elite indicators :) - page 100

Interesting how completely different calculations can yield similar results in some conditions From igorads All_ma :

// MA_Method=17: IE/2 - Combination of LSMA and ILRS

double IE2(double price[],int per,int bar)

{

double ie = 0.5*(ILRS(price,per,bar) + LSMA(price,per,bar));

return(ie);

}

But do not be fooled with similarities they have when period 14 is applied. Here is a comparison of period 50 for the two (colored line is All averages MA mode 17, ma period 50, green is double smoothed ema period 50)

So not so similar after all

The bar that you are asking about is a part of this indicator (posted a long time ago) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178698

The remaining time is not an indicator but an EA (attached it here - as I remember it was already posted on elite section but this one has some additions that make it more precise) No need to have experts enabled (but that also means that on that chart you can not attach another EA) It is made as an EA simply in order to make possible to update every second (even without ticks) The sleep(500) in it is there in order to make it maximum 1/2 seconds late. In order to use it properly make sure your local time is synchronized (you can do it from adjust date/time properties - like on the picture) otherwise the difference between your local time and server time may impact it's precision

regards

mladen

Antomi:
Hi mladen,

Thanks for the indicator. I use since a long time the AllAverage v2.5. With the method 17 (IE/2) the results are almost identical with the double Smoothed EMA. But the AllAverage comes with some nice features: color change and a sound when the slope changes. Very handy.

But what caught my eyes was the indicator in your images, drawing an average bar (for a certain time) and showing the remaining time to the very right.

Is it possible to post that indicator?

Thanks in advance.

Best

Antomi
Files:

EA,Indicator

Mladen,

Thanks for the information and EA/Indicators.

I appreciate it much.

Best

Antomi

mladen:
Interesting how completely different calculations can yield similar results in some conditions

From igorads All_ma :

// MA_Method=17: IE/2 - Combination of LSMA and ILRS

double IE2(double price[],int per,int bar)

{

double ie = 0.5*(ILRS(price,per,bar) + LSMA(price,per,bar));

return(ie);

}

But do not be fooled with similarities they have when period 14 is applied. Here is a comparison of period 50 for the two (colored line is All averages MA mode 17, ma period 50, green is double smoothed ema period 50)

So not so similar after all

The bar that you are asking about is a part of this indicator (posted a long time ago) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178698

The remaining time is not an indicator but an EA (attached it here - as I remember it was already posted on elite section but this one has some additions that make it more precise) No need to have experts enabled (but that also means that on that chart you can not attach another EA) It is made as an EA simply in order to make possible to update every second (even without ticks) The sleep(500) in it is there in order to make it maximum 1/2 seconds late. In order to use it properly make sure your local time is synchronized (you can do it from adjust date/time properties - like on the picture) otherwise the difference between your local time and server time may impact it's precision

regards

mladen

Thanks for the Ema's Mladen looks like some serious money on them crosses.

Files:
dse.gif  76 kb

Been reading an article in TASC (Trading With An Adaptive Price Zone, written by Lee Leibfarth) and a function in his code caught my eye. Then I started to look around if it was made as a standalone indicator and so far I did not find it.

So here it is. It is the double smooth ema (it's name resembles to double ema (DEMA), but is calculated differently than the DEMA (so it is a kind of "DEMA with a twist")) Compared it to EMA (gold) and DEMA (red) - period 50 on all. Double smooth ema is obviously much faster than EMA or DEMA and still remains smooth enough to my liking. As simple as it is, it seems to give some nice results.

Possible usage : take a look at the picture - double smooth ema 20 (gold) and 50 (lime) combined on a 1 hour chart. The rest is up to you

PS: attached the article itself (not a bad reading )

Universal cycle index

This one deserves to be posted at least for one more reason - in one place of the article Stuart Belknap writes : "The UCI is nothing more than a normalized moving average convergence/divergence (MACD) indicator." Coming from a Ph.D. one would not expect statements like these for something he is just trying to explain as something at least not so common.

So, as Belknap said, it is a MACD, but the normalization does an rather interesting "thing" to it : pay attention to when the index breaks the proposed level lines.

Of parameters :
Length-> period to calculate cycle index for

Price-> price to use in calculations

UseFixedVolatility-> this is a deviation from the original : I thought that it would be ok to test how does this indicator "behave" if we do not use the proposed fixed periods for calculating volatility. There are differences for length not equal to 25 (see the comparison on picture for length 50)

ShowRealTime-> show the real time cycle index or not

ShowCentered-> show centered cycle index or not

LevelUpand LevelUp-> levels to show on chart

The minor, secondary and intermediate cycle indexes are not made as separate, but they are rather lengths 25, 50 and 100 and levels 50, 100 and 150 in this indicator (no need for separate indicators)

The rest (description, the usage...) in the attached document

A small PS: in the traders tips from may 2005, Tradestation code for this indicator is wrong in the part where the centered cycle index is calculated (it is obvious from the original metastock code published at the end of the article by Stuart Belknap). I mention it rather like curiosity because they (tradestation people) rarely make mistakes, but this time we got them. So, in this case we are (metatrader users) better than they are

As far as I know it does not. But here it is It is made with default parameters used in the article - period 20 and band range width of 2

PS: do not worry about your English - the important is to understand each other and to communicate. All the rest is simply just "a package". Nicer package does not always mean better things in it

regards

mladen

yamaichi:
thanks Malden!

double smooth ema seems better than EMA,T3 or any MAs.

and i am intrested in PDF "Trading With An Adaptive Price Zone”.

i want to know more about an Adaptive Price Zone indicator.

this indicator is already in TSD ?

Regards.

sorry my english・・・as always

A big thanks for your time and work, as always, extremely appreciated by most I am sure.

mladen,

Thanks for all your brilliant work and research.

Love your work on the UCI and Double-Smoothed EMA.

Cheers, Snow.

PS. Like the new look, thx NewDigital.

Reason: