Elite indicators :) - page 95

Thanks for answering. I'll study it some more.

SIMBA:
Snowski,

Thanks for your kind words,yes,I will test using Michal`s script,though the same tests could be done with Renko script,and probably similar results.

Regards

S

Dear Simba,

Perhaps time for a new thread here in Elite. Bought the Renko and CRB scripts, amazing. Whole new world opens for me. Clean, effective, priceless...and timeless...!

Have my setup posted below. Works like a charm.

Looking forward to contributing more on this. It appears this method fits my trading personality perfectly. Still playing with box sizing, currently using 10 for most pairs, 20 for GBPJPPY.

Files:
snag-0012.png  145 kb

igorad:
I think that now is good time to show Hurst Channel for MT4.

Hi.

Can anyone please tell me how to use the settings for his indicator?

Further, is it possible to put another band on the top and bottom of the existing outer bands that are the same distance as the first set of bands are from the middle, dashed line?

Thank you.

Chris

Files:

I am trying to modify the bollinger %b indicator posted by linuxuser in this thread. I want to be able to smooth the results using a moving average.

i=Bars-BBPeriod-1;

if(counted_bars>=BBPeriod) i=Bars-counted_bars-1;

iBarsToProcess = i;

while(i>=0)

{ //(Last - Lower BB)/(Upper BB - Lower BB)

BLGBuffer=((Close - iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i))/

(iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_UPPER,i)-iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i)))*100;

i--;

}

for (int j = 0; j < iBarsToProcess; j++) Buffer3[j] = iMAOnArray(BLGBuffer, 0, SmoothingMAPeriod, 0, SmoothingMAMethod, i);

Was my attempt but not having much luck. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Try this one (called the smoothed one "signal line" but you can continue with this one)

regards

mladen

whitebloodcell:
I am trying to modify the bollinger %b indicator posted by linuxuser in this thread. I want to be able to smooth the results using a moving average.
i=Bars-BBPeriod-1;

if(counted_bars>=BBPeriod) i=Bars-counted_bars-1;

iBarsToProcess = i;

while(i>=0)

{ //(Last - Lower BB)/(Upper BB - Lower BB)

BLGBuffer=((Close - iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i))/

(iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_UPPER,i)-iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i)))*100;

i--;

}

for (int j = 0; j < iBarsToProcess; j++) Buffer3[j] = iMAOnArray(BLGBuffer, 0, SmoothingMAPeriod, 0, SmoothingMAMethod, i);
Was my attempt but not having much luck. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

mladen:
Try this one (called the smoothed one "signal line" but you can continue with this one)

regards

mladen

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought I'd have a go at implementing the signal line in the none histogram version of %b but seem to have made a mistake. Could you look at the attached code and show me what I am doing wrong please?

Files:

Replace this (line 82) :

for (i = limit; i = 0; i--) Buffer1 = iMAOnArray(BLGBuffer, 0, SmoothingMAPeriod, 0, SmoothingMAMethod, i);

regards

mladen

whitebloodcell:
Thanks for the quick reply! I thought I'd have a go at implementing the signal line in the none histogram version of %b but seem to have made a mistake. Could you look at the attached code and show me what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

questions about Hurst indicator

I saw this indicator posted recently in the Elite area. It seems pretty good, but the outer bands are always changing so it is hard to use as a good overbought/oversold indicator especially on a 5 or 15 chart.

Can someone tell me what the settings in the indicator mean? The explanation wasn't posted with the indicator when I found it here.

Thank you.

Chris

Files:

chris1010:
I saw this indicator posted recently in the Elite area. It seems pretty good, but the outer bands are always changing so it is hard to use as a good overbought/oversold indicator especially on a 5 or 15 chart.

Can someone tell me what the settings in the indicator mean? The explanation wasn't posted with the indicator when I found it here.

Thank you.

Chris

mmm, take a look here and here

Reason: