Position Trading. - page 6

Shahzadfx:
Yes, you are right; some of traders are doing that. But in my case it is different. There are certain scenarios. I can summarize them as follow:

1. Open one lot, after couple of candles (one, two, or three), if I see reversal is forming then I will quite half of lot and put the other half on break even until it is stop out to breakeven or reaches target.

2. Open one lot, and if immediately next day if I see a reversal then I will close whole lot with some loss.

3. Open one lot, and the same day It gets stop out.

I am not trying to be 100% perfect. Unless I am not expecting any losses, I can not trade. Loss is part of this game. The only thing we can do is to reduce them comparing to our profits. The only Holy Grail I know is my mental management instead of searching a method which provides, so called, 100% success rate.

Even, methods based on moving averages, if applied nicely, can generate profits provided one should have good risk and return management.

I appreciate your question.

Rgds,

SFX

Thanks for your kind answer. BTW, I also agree with you that money management and risk control are key to success in trading, regardless of the trading system applied!

Shahzadfx:
It is recent update regarding my open positions. E/G is still slow so it will take time. However, G/CH is going good. Not taking any more positions, right now.

Rgds,

SFX

I closed half of E/G at +1 and half of G/CH at +55 (now, stop loss is at b/e). Didn't change E/G stop loss for remaining half. Taking no any further positions.

Any comments will be appreciated.

SFX

I just bought half position of E/Ch. This is my new method. It is very solid trend continuation trade. As it is new i should not post that one here. However, if stop loss hits, i will accept it to my record, as you all know my exiting method is producing huge pips.

1.5894 sl 15798 tp 1.6213, almost risk and profit is 1/3.

Other both half positions are open.

Rgds,

SFX

Shahzadfx:
I just bought half position of E/Ch. This is my new method. It is very solid trend continuation trade. As it is new i should not post that one here. However, if stop loss hits, i will accept it to my record, as you all know my exiting method is producing huge pips.

1.5894 sl 15798 tp 1.6213, almost risk and profit is 1/3.

Other both half positions are open.

Rgds,

SFX

This is my current positions status.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
oct07.gif  7 kb

Hi, my u/j and u/nok short got stopped. I closed my long u/c last friday for 200+ pips so that made up for it.

Only trades for me are long a/j and g/j from 87.92 and 222.03, stops have just about been moved to BE.

Also still long aud/nzd after only covering half at 1.1450 last time. Hopefully it will break 1.115 this time otherwise I'm going short, my average price here is 1.1278 or so.

Any opinions of mutli time frame indicators?, i've been forward testing for about a month now and i'm getting good probabilities.

GL

jackjones:
Hi, my u/j and u/nok short got stopped. I closed my long u/c last friday for 200+ pips so that made up for it.

Only trades for me are long a/j and g/j from 87.92 and 222.03, stops have just about been moved to BE.

Also still long aud/nzd after only covering half at 1.1450 last time. Hopefully it will break 1.115 this time otherwise I'm going short, my average price here is 1.1278 or so.

Any opinions of mutli time frame indicators?, i've been forward testing for about a month now and i'm getting good probabilities.

GL

Great trade U/C.

G/J am seeing a reversal. Take a good look of that position.

I used couple of multi time frame indicators.

Still never implemented them as a trading strategy. I think after confirming trade setup we can use them for entry or exit.

Rgds,

SFX

This is my current postions situation.

My E/CH position did good and i get almost 50+ pips on that (It was my new strategy).

E/G other half postion is closed now, on break even.

Now i opened two other positions. My half G/CH position is still open.

Any comments will be great.

Thanks,

SFX

Files:
oct10.gif  9 kb

daily ema200 in CAD

Hi position traders,

just to keep you guys informed.

the USDCAD is over the 200 daily ema.

for this pair this is a big deal, I'm long this one at the moment.

if it holds the upside of the ema, it can get up to 600 pips in a few weeks.

let's see if it holds...

CJ.-

ZeeJay:
Hi position traders,

just to keep you guys informed.

the USDCAD is over the 200 daily ema.

for this pair this is a big deal, I'm long this one at the moment.

if it holds the upside of the ema, it can get up to 600 pips in a few weeks.

let's see if it holds...

CJ.-

This is my analysis.

I m not sure USDCAD is over 200 daily ema.

Long term trend is very strong.

Need to take care here. No trade area is for me right now.

See attach pictuers for review and comments.

Retrun commints will be great.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
oct11dcad.gif  30 kb
oct114cad.gif  44 kb

weird. looks like you and i have different data.

check out the CAD on the attached graphic.

that's interbank demo server.

as you can see in the picture, it is more than 50 pips past the 200 EMA.

it's interesting to see that you have different data, if we do have different data we need to be careful when giving advice because what you see in your broker may be different from another broker.

which broker are you using?

Files:
Reason: