how do i offload half of my position on the MT5 platform??

G'day, i am relatively new to the MT5 platform & am trying to find out how to offload half a position at my first TP level ??

any info or directions will be greatly appreciated  

from documentation: PositionClosePartial

Metatrader 5 Help file

------

Rules of Stop Loss and Take Profit inheritance (netting):
  • When a position volume is increased or the position is reversed, Take Profit and Stop Loss are placed according to its latest order (market or triggered pending order). In other words, stop levels in each subsequent order of the same position replace previous ones. If zero values are specified in the order, Stop Loss and Take Profit of a position will be deleted.
  • If a position is partially closed, Stop Loss and Take Profit are not changed by the new order.
  • If a position is fully closed, the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels are deleted, because they are associated with an open position and cannot exist without it.

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

Metatrader 5 Help file

------

Stop Loss and Take Profit inheritance rule (hedging):
  • If a position is partially closed, Stop Loss and Take Profit are not changed by the new order.
  • If a position is fully closed, the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels are deleted, because they are associated with an open position and cannot exist without it.
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...
Reason: