Position Trading. - page 5

yes, sorry my post is litlle time but I post more result no problem, you forund in foru the thread SYSTEM P in manual system you will see my system in intraday , now I start day 25 only long term , I made 800 pips intraday 1 moth with my system , but intraday I dont like , I prefer long term and I test the system now 200 pips now

best regards

sorry my english

Hi tradespain, any details on your system? btw nice pips!

i have a new short u/j. my euro long had the target hit but i stuffed up and put the whole position in the target.. no complaints though ... still holding u/c long and long aud/nzd is nearing b/e

jackjones:
Are you pure tech? if not any reason for bullish pound?

The short eur/gbp looks interesting to me but that last 100 pip run from 6690 has me wondering.

Best of luck though

Oh yeah, sad news about Steve Irwin, it's a shame to lose someone who made such an impression on so many people.

Here are my recent open positions. They are at positive node.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
oct3.gif  13 kb

It is recent update regarding my open positions. E/G is still slow so it will take time. However, G/CH is going good. Not taking any more positions, right now.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
oct4.gif  7 kb

Shahzadfx:
It is recent update regarding my open positions. E/G is still slow so it will take time. However, G/CH is going good. Not taking any more positions, right now.

Rgds,

SFX

congrat sir..

i think i need to learn from u..

normally how long u open your position b4 take the profit?

tq

happy trading...

My other two position are going good. There is no reversal seen uptil now, as soon as i will see any reversal i will close my half position and keep the half running with break even +1 stop loss.

I think break of 1.8900 level of G/U will confirm upside of pound. I am thinking about taking half position if this level breaks.

Rgds,

SFX

Hi my update is I held my long usd/chf and u/j short are both in the money now.

Good luck! going to look at charts now

taking short usd/nok at 6.58 stop 6.67, target 6.47 for half and then 6.212

Shahzadfx:
My other two position are going good. There is no reversal seen uptil now, as soon as i will see any reversal i will close my half position and keep the half running with break even +1 stop loss.

I think break of 1.8900 level of G/U will confirm upside of pound. I am thinking about taking half position if this level breaks.

Rgds,

SFX

When you say you take out half of your position, do you mean you had two orders at the same time and when the target is reached, you close one order and keep the other one? I've always been intrigued by this method because in the long run, it is quite clever to keep all possibilities open and still get profit, and in the worst case, just break even.

investor_me:
When you say you take out half of your position, do you mean you had two orders at the same time and when the target is reached, you close one order and keep the other one? I've always been intrigued by this method because in the long run, it is quite clever to keep all possibilities open and still get profit, and in the worst case, just break even.

Yes, you are right; some of traders are doing that. But in my case it is different. There are certain scenarios. I can summarize them as follow:

1. Open one lot, after couple of candles (one, two, or three), if I see reversal is forming then I will quite half of lot and put the other half on break even until it is stop out to breakeven or reaches target.

2. Open one lot, and if immediately next day if I see a reversal then I will close whole lot with some loss.

3. Open one lot, and the same day It gets stop out.

I am not trying to be 100% perfect. Unless I am not expecting any losses, I can not trade. Loss is part of this game. The only thing we can do is to reduce them comparing to our profits. The only Holy Grail I know is my mental management instead of searching a method which provides, so called, 100% success rate.

Even, methods based on moving averages, if applied nicely, can generate profits provided one should have good risk and return management.

I appreciate your question.

Rgds,

SFX

jackjones:
Hi my update is I held my long usd/chf and u/j short are both in the money now.

Good luck! going to look at charts now

taking short usd/nok at 6.58 stop 6.67, target 6.47 for half and then 6.212

Jack,

What is this pair U/N. Is it good one. Mean can we play it for long run.

Good luck!

1.8900 area is not broken, however, this is one of my strategy too, breakout. If it will get you in, you will definitely get out with handsome amount of pips. Otherwise it will keep you aside from market. So, I am still out. Not in the money .

Bye,

SFX

Reason: