Position Trading. - page 7

ZeeJay:
check out the CAD on the attached graphic.

that's interbank demo server.

as you can see in the picture, it is more than 50 pips past the 200 EMA.

it's interesting to see that you have different data, if we do have different data we need to be careful when giving advice because what you see in your broker may be different from another broker.

which broker are you using?

I don't use moving averages for analysis. I just showed you how we can rely them? when two different brokers have different averages. I agree we should be careful here. I use Alpari or sometimes to confirm it FXDD.

Meta trader brokers can manipulate data to get their own liked results. We have to be careful.

Thank you for your comments.

SFX

Shahzadfx:
This is my current postions situation.

My E/CH position did good and i get almost 50+ pips on that (It was my new strategy).

E/G other half postion is closed now, on break even.

Now i opened two other positions. My half G/CH position is still open.

Any comments will be great.

Thanks,

SFX

I closed e/cad long at 14 plus, becuase i am seeing a reversal, i was expecting close above 1.4260 but it is not looking like. Close below 1.4229 will confirmed the reversal. I had a doubt so exit this position at small profit.

Rgds,

SFX

usd/cad long

Hi Shahzadfx,

My long usd/cad position is doing well. 50 pips after crossing the 200 daily ema.

just moved stop-loss to break-even.

you suggested a reversal on eur/cad....so, i'll look into closing this position later tonight if i agree with your analisis.

my simple rule at the moment is : Crude Oil goes down, usd/cad goes up.

regards,

CJ.-

ZeeJay:
Hi Shahzadfx,

My long usd/cad position is doing well. 50 pips after crossing the 200 daily ema.

you suggested a reversal on eur/cad....so, i'll look into closing this position later tonight if i agree with your analisis.

regards,

CJ.-

Excellent post! Never thought of it that way.

ZeeJay:
Hi Shahzadfx,

regards,

CJ.-

Great,

4260 level is very important. I was expecting its break today. Otherwise it is risky to keep e/c position open. We need a good economic indicator news to break that level, same thing with U/C as per your analysis U/C is woundering around 200 ema which is also very important level. Prices are never woundering around them for long while.

So becareful.

I like this combination too. oil vs. cad.

SFX

ZeeJay:
Hi Shahzadfx,

regards,

CJ.-

What happen to your U/C position. Did you exited?

Rgds,

SVX

Shahzadfx:
This is my current postions situation.

My E/CH position did good and i get almost 50+ pips on that (It was my new strategy).

E/G other half postion is closed now, on break even.

Now i opened two other positions. My half G/CH position is still open.

Any comments will be great.

Thanks,

SFX

I closed my G/J position at +3 just cover swap. However i opened AUD position after range break. +30 almost.

Out of U/C for the moment

Shahzadfx:
What happen to your U/C position. Did you exited?

Rgds,

SVX

yes, I did. I protected some pips and when out on stop-loss.

I should've taken all last night and ran for it!

Now looking at the market to see what's next.

guys, any suggestions ?

ZeeJay:
yes, I did. I protected some pips and when out on stop-loss.

I should've taken all last night and ran for it!

Now looking at the market to see what's next.

guys, any suggestions ?

Great at least you get some.

I am already long to G/U.

Hoping for good pips in this one.

Rgds,

SFX

Shahzadfx:
I closed my G/J position at +3 just cover swap. However i opened AUD position after range break. +30 almost.

I closed AUD, at 50+ almost. IF It retraces to 7483 i will go long for long term.

Rgds,

SFX

Reason: