Position Trading. - page 3

Can you tell us some more about these?

VWB, Harmonic, PA

or all in good time ?

Shahzadfx:
My both positions are going good. Right now I m fixing to take E/G position.

Rgds,

SFX

I m liquidating my G/U position. E/G is open now. It is slow pair so I think it will be little bit time taking position. E/Cd is still in too.

Closing at around 290+ pips.

Rgds,

SFX

jackjones:
Can you tell us some more about these?

VWB, Harmonic, PA

or all in good time ?

They are all available in this forum. Just search for them. They are not secrete if you just apply them based on best setup you will see methods are workable.

Still I'd like to help if you have any question.

Regards,

SFX

I'm glad to see someone here talking about trading on a longer time frame than day-trading or even swing trading. One type of position trading I have had a bit of success with is carry trade. Interestingly, both times I have gotten into one, price has gone crazy (in my favor). Now I'm wondering if I should really be looking to carry the trade or if I should just look for a good entry and then capital appreciation.

Incidentally, I seem to be finding myself trading strategies on opposite poles from each other. On the one pole, I have been gravitating more and more towards very small scalp-type trades that take advantage of market volatility. On the other pole, I also like longer term trades that pay me interest or are generally (supposed to be) slow moving.

Am I schizophrenic? Who knows?

My E/G was stopped out for 34 pips. -34.

E/Cad is still open at -54, and i open G/U short it is at +20.

later,

SFX

Shahzadfx:
My E/G was stopped out for 34 pips. -34.

E/Cad is still open at -54, and i open G/U short it is at +20.

later,

SFX

After my stop E/G came back up. However I stick to my method. On the other hand E/C is at -34 (Giving me hard time). I opened two more positions G/U it is at +95 and E/J is at +56. I was not at my place so I couldn't put them on real time (Sorry about that). However, N/U is ready for short but I already opened too much positions so I will just see it.

Rgds,

SFX

Shahzadfx:
After my stop E/G came back up. However I stick to my method. On the other hand E/C is at -34 (Giving me hard time). I opened two more positions G/U it is at +95 and E/J is at +56. I was not at my place so I couldn't put them on real time (Sorry about that). However, N/U is ready for short but I already opened too much positions so I will just see it.

Rgds,

SFX

My E/C stopped out. I was expecting that.The mistake i did was not closing half position when i was more then 100 pips profit. I will do it now on. Other two still going good almost covering the loss i had in it. It was longterm position though.

I will exit now on half of position as soon as i see any reversal and put the other rest on BE.

Rgds,

SFX

Yeap if i get to 100 pips i reasess because sometimes it migh be worth adding. More than likely i remove 1/3 to 1/2 though depending on the look of the chart.

i'm long aud/jpy aud/nzd and eur/aud at the moment, for the record

jackjones:
Yeap if i get to 100 pips i reasess because sometimes it migh be worth adding. More than likely i remove 1/3 to 1/2 though depending on the look of the chart. i'm long aud/jpy aud/nzd and eur/aud at the moment, for the record

Great,

I think you live in Australia, even I don't have these pairs in my broker pair window.

Are you playing them long term, arethese pairs behave accordingly if we want to play them swing or position trading.

This is my current situation. I m still thinking about my stop loss of E/G i had right convention taking long but i think i took it little early now it is going north.

I'm not much worried about E/C loss becuase i know i did mistake here, I had to release some profit when it is 100+ or any reversal what so ever. I think i m still not much mature to take losses, this is all about mind game. Forget past, forget losses. I will think about future. Past is gone.

Good luck guys,

SFX

Files:
sep28.gif  7 kb

Shahzadfx:
Great,

I think you live in Australia, even I don't have these pairs in my broker pair window.

Are you playing them long term, arethese pairs behave accordingly if we want to play them swing or position trading.

This is my current situation. I m still thinking about my stop loss of E/G i had right convention taking long but i think i took it little early now it is going north.

I'm not much worried about E/C loss becuase i know i did mistake here, I had to release some profit when it is 100+ or any reversal what so ever. I think i m still not much mature to take losses, this is all about mind game. Forget past, forget losses. I will think about future. Past is gone.

Good luck guys,

SFX

I already closed, two postions.

Other then E/J i closed other two, due to weekend, and some reversal I saw.

You guys all have a great weekend. I don't remember what was exact pips but I think +256 and +11 pips.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
sep28.gif  7 kb
sep29.gif  6 kb
Reason: